It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am an American Muslim and I am angry with Israel

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 02:58 AM
link   
What the hell is wrong with people?

Shooting is Seattle... guy claims he is angry with Israel and shoots Jews.

This is INSANE, all of it.

Seattle shooting one dead, five injured
A lone gunman has burst into a Jewish organization in downtown Seattle, killing one woman and wounding five others in what authorities are calling a hate crime.

Police say the gunman has been arrested without a struggle at the Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle, where the shooting took place just after 4:00pm local time, and is being questioned.

The gunman is a US citizen, and police said initial contacts with him by phone while he was inside the building indicated that he was a Muslim - that conversation prompted authorities to treat the homicide as a hate crime.

Police would not disclose the content of the conversation.

But the federation's vice-president, Amy Wasser-Simpson, told the Seattle Times in a story on its web site the man got past security at the building and shouted, "I'm a Muslim American; I'm angry at Israel," before he began shooting.

"This was a purposeful, hateful act as far as we know, by an individual acting alone," said Seattle Mayor Greg Nickels at a news conference, adding "this is a crime of hate."

www.abc.net.au...

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 03:02 AM
link   
He appears to be pakistani. another article mentioned he has had past mental instability and had also been arrested for lewd conduct. Sad event. I feel bad for those ladies and the woman who died. RIP.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
He appears to be pakistani. another article mentioned he has had past mental instability and had also been arrested for lewd conduct. Sad event. I feel bad for those ladies and the woman who died. RIP.

hmm yes but where in this news article does it say he is a Pakistani? Where does it say this fruitloop has a history of mental instability? It doesnt. It clearly states he is an American Muslim and is angry with Israel. I feel this just incites more racial tension.

It is a sad sad world we live in...

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 03:23 AM
link   
This is a sad story. The one guy here was angry at the actions of another country and decided to end the life of someone else as if that would make the world a better place. He effectively ruined his own life as well. I myself haven't been too happy at Hezbollah and Israel both. However I don't see the point at getting angry at them when our own leadership isn't doing or hasn't been doing anything to help stop or temporarily turn off the bombing.

I believe in giving the innocent a chance to get away to safety and letting the fighters alone fight it out. I'll wait and see but I don't know if there is going to be any clear winner in this latest mid east conflict. Hezbollah won't stop attacking Israel and Israel refuses to stop bombing. Meanwhile, all the other people not fighting suffer.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by NJE777

Originally posted by ThePieMaN

hmm yes but where in this news article does it say he is a Pakistani? Where does it say this fruitloop has a history of mental instability? It doesnt. It clearly states he is an American Muslim and is angry with Israel. I feel this just incites more racial tension.

It is a sad sad world we live in...

Well Naveen is a Pakistani name. I said in another article it mentioned that he had mental instability.

The OTHER article.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
This is a sad story. The one guy here was angry at the actions of another country and decided to end the life of someone else as if that would make the world a better place.

In his mind he is getting retribution.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   
That SOB is from my area, which isn't Seattle, but maybe 4 hours eastward. I already don't agree with the muslim culture in many terms, and this incident just makes my dislike of Islam even more. It just proves to me again and again that Islam is a violent religion that revels in death. What a pity.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
That SOB is from my area, which isn't Seattle, but maybe 4 hours eastward. I already don't agree with the muslim culture in many terms, and this incident just makes my dislike of Islam even more. It just proves to me again and again that Islam is a violent religion that revels in death. What a pity.

:bnghd:

thats exactly what I am talking about!

The only thing it proves is that there exist individuals who are mentally unstable who kill people in the name of something!

It doesnt mean that all Muslim people are violent.

stop the generalisations please

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   

It doesnt mean that all Muslim people are violent.

exactly,
but the right wing band is going to think otherwise

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
The weird thing is most American Jews aren't Zionists and the really orthodox ones are mostly against the formation of modern Israel.

I personally do support Israel, although I think its formation was a bit fishy. But it exists now and is a powerful democratic ally of the U.S. in the Middle East.

edit:

btw: I'm a Christian

[edit on 7/29/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
The weird thing is most American Jews aren't Zionists and the really orthodox ones are mostly against the formation of modern Israel.

The biggest anti-zionist lobby's in America are orthodox jewish groups. There was a huge protest the other week in New York (i believe) by jewish groups who support Palestine. So, djohnsto77 is correct when he states it being wierd

I personally do support Israel, although I think its formation was a bit fishy. But it exists now and is a powerful democratic ally of the U.S. in the Middle East.

"fishy" is an understatement. But lets not dig that subject up. Israel may be a democratic ally for the US, but you have to admit that they are extremely dangerous for America. Islamic extremists see Israel as a product of America, 9/11 happened because of anti-American views in the Middle East and the support of Israel. Al Qaeda never shuts up about it.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Im an American Christian and Im upset with Muslims. Where are all the Muslim leaders in the world speaking out against terrorism?

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Israel may be a democratic ally for the US, but you have to admit that they are extremely dangerous for America. Islamic extremists see Israel as a product of America, 9/11 happened because of anti-American views in the Middle East and the support of Israel. Al Qaeda never shuts up about it.

The same thing could have been said about Britain in WWII, the lone outpost of democracy in an increasingly fascist Europe. I hate to play the Nazi card, but here I think it's appropriate. We shouldn't do what's easy, we should do what is right.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The Seattle times has a story that goes into some details on the individual and has a picture. CNN is reporting he is of Pakistani descent. No one will comment on the mental issues.

personal info starts about half way into the article.

Seattle Times

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Well is not the first time that when a conflict is fought in another region of the world . . . it happens to spread all over the world in one way or another.

But for many they seem to think that violence will make their cries louder and sympathies deeper. . .

Very sad indeed. . .

Violence only brings more violence . . .

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Well said marg! I wonder if this individual would have gone all-awry-walkabout or MK-ULTRA without a little nudge... how many more stressed people will snap after the one-sided MSM reports? I hope none, but it's hot and things don't look too conducive to calming... Perhaps Condie "The Entertainer" could fire up the piano, tinkle the ivories and play us all another sonata... No - better yet a requiem - For The Dead, yeah, that'll save innocent lives - ceasefires don't seem to be in her bag-o-diplo-tricks.

Thanx,

Victor K.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

In WWII violence against the aggressors - Japan and Germany - brought an
end to occupation by invading forces and an end to the war and an end to the
slaughter in the Nazi concentration camps.

Sometimes overwhelming violence ends violence.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by marg6043

In WWII violence against the aggressors - Japan and Germany - brought an
end to occupation by invading forces and an end to the war and an end to the
slaughter in the Nazi concentration camps.
Sometimes overwhelming violence ends violence.

Yes, it did...but with a NUCLEAR bomb! Thats the last resort...and hopefully it wont get to that point. But, it is all too fresh in people's minds, how easy it was to put an end to WWII? hey, lets just nuke em???

The mentality of violence, there are other ways!!!

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   

What the hell is wrong with people?

Shooting is Seattle... guy claims he is angry with Israel and shoots Jews.

This is INSANE, all of it.

Seattle shooting one dead, five injured
A lone gunman has burst into a Jewish organization in downtown Seattle, killing one woman and wounding five others in what authorities are calling a hate crime.

Police say the gunman has been arrested without a struggle at the Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle, where the shooting took place just after 4:00pm local time, and is being questioned.

The gunman is a US citizen, and police said initial contacts with him by phone while he was inside the building indicated that he was a Muslim - that conversation prompted authorities to treat the homicide as a hate crime.

Police would not disclose the content of the conversation.

But the federation's vice-president, Amy Wasser-Simpson, told the Seattle Times in a story on its web site the man got past security at the building and shouted, "I'm a Muslim American; I'm angry at Israel," before he began shooting.

"This was a purposeful, hateful act as far as we know, by an individual acting alone," said Seattle Mayor Greg Nickels at a news conference, adding "this is a crime of hate."

www.abc.net.au...

I agree.

I don't like Israel or U.S. policies concerning israel. Im American too, though not Muslim.

I dont shoot at Jews though.

I did not like the Saudi Arabian government or what they stood for, or what they do. But I do not go around shooting Saudis either, or any Arabs for that matter.

Everyone is entitled to love or hate whoever they wish, rational or not, but no one has the right to go out and kill people who share the same race, nationality, or religon as those you hate.

This is an isolated case though. Im from Seattle, and this is the first time any problems have occurred with anyone of Muslim persuasion since 9/11. Even before 9/11, they did not bother anyone.

hell, I remeber when the U.S.S. Cole was bombed, there was a small march/demonstration of Muslims and middle easterners protesting Israeli occupation of Palestine. It was small, peaceful, did its biz, then they went home.

One can dislike or even hate a group of people and do so peacefully.

I hope there is no backlash against Muslims because of this one nutter.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Maybe his paranoid delusions (mental distress) were caused because his khat sources just dried up?

big khat-smuggling bust

pdf press release

A wiretap investigation revealed that MAHAMOUD OMAR JAMA, 36, of Kent as the cell leader in Seattle responsible for direction of shipments of khat from individuals in several European countries to specific addresses in the United States. During a month-long wiretap of JAMA’s cellular phone, more than 1000 calls were intercepted concerning the importation and distribution of khat. Shipments were arriving almost daily to a variety of Seattle addresses. During just three days in May 2006, DEA Seattle seized shipments totaling 558 lbs. of khat.

"These defendants were looking to make easy money at the expense of their fellow immigrants," said U.S. Attorney John McKay. "We will not let their greed shatter the hopes and dreams of other hard working immigrant families who have fled the chaos of their homeland."

"Operation Somalia Express struck at the heart of a significant trafficking organization that was sending drugs to the United States," said DEA Special Agent In Charge Rodney Benson. "This drug has the same dangerous and damaging effects as other drugs and some of the huge profits from the khat trade were being returned overseas."

The primary effects of chewing khat are euphoria and stimulation, and side effects include anorexia, heart disease, hypertension, cancer of the mouth, disorientation, gastric disorders, hallucination, hyperactivity, hypertension, impotence, insomnia, outbursts of irrational violence, and, in exceptional cases, toxic psychosis.

Maybe better stick to pot?

[edit on 29-7-2006 by psyopswatcher]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join