It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fighting Global Warming By Injecting Sulfur Into The Atmosphere

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Crazy scientist...
They want to experiment on OUR atmosphere.
What next...
They dont know enough to do this, hell we dont even know enough to not
drive cars.

www.sciencedaily.com...

Burning of fossil fuel also releases sulfur into the earth’s atmosphere, in the form of sulfate particles. Ironically, these sulfate particles help to cool down the planet by reflecting solar radiation back into space. Crutzen’s proposed planet-saving scheme, which artificially injects sulfur into the earth’s stratosphere (the second atmospheric layer closest to earth) to offset greenhouse gas warming, is based on this phenomenon.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Oh man...

Am I the only one with serious biblical predictions waiting in the wings on this one?

Generally, when it's raining sulfure down from the sky, images of the apocalypse are brought to mind. Maybe it's just me?

Gotta read some more about this, but my initial reaction is NO WAY, keep your sulfur to yourself crazy man. Still, if the science is sound, I suppose it might be an option to stop runaway global warming.

Really though, I'm fairly certain that with a system this complex, it's not as simple as just adding sulfur to get the desired effect...

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 01:46 AM
link   
No bible !
but its funny you said that.

I just think there should be no GLOBAL experiments that would effect the WHOLE planet. We already have one going on with co2. Its like we are just throwing lots of crap into a test tube and see what happens. If there was a way off this planet I would take it.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 03:33 AM
link   
how about we just do nothing about global warming and focus on getting off this rock asap

top topics

join