It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Escalating rate of things breaking/failing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I wanted to post this to see if anyone else has experienced this within the last few days or the week. I am talking about devices and systems related to devices failing or causing problems. From time to time, we all encounter a non-working device such as you discover a flat tire, your TV goes on the blink, the traffic light burns out, etc.

Within the last few days, I have witnessed an enormous amount of things breaking or not functioning correctly from my own stuff to others I know.

I have friends who have had numerous - and at the same time - unrelated and unexpected computer problems with software and hardware. I myself have had no less than nnnn events in my own life within the last few days of things quitting working or beginning to break down, far greater than normal stuff needing fixed.

My car has been acting up more so than usual with a rich mixture causing stumbles, even though I repaired it again like I did 3 months ago for the same problem, which fixed it wholly at that time. It did the same thing again and I repaired it but it didn't make any difference even though it is the same problem. I noticed the day this started again that 4 other cars within 1 mile of travel was doing the same thing my car was doing.

At work, our electronic controlled machines both went down for a day, although the mechanical machine did not fail. Further, my machine suffered another glitch just last night. Normally they only have a problem once a month, but they are starting to fail every week or so. Other machines in our shop are failing more frequently, including cranes and electric magnets.

Our internet service has worked flawlessly for over 4 months now and all of a sudden, within the last few days, our phone service and DSL has been spotty with outages and the phone company says there is a synch problem and errors in the line??

My fiances computer is gliching out when booting up even though it has only been used for a month since I reformatted and installed everything anew again, and she is very good about staying away from sites that can compromise your online security or download stupid stuff as well.

Our refridgerator took a dump just 2 weeks ago.

Not more than a week ago, our companies interanl network was down for the first time since I began working there - 7 months.

Tonight the same guy who rides his Harley by our house often, drove by and his bike just quit and stumbled to a halt as he tried over and over to get it running again.

My air conditioner lost all its "coldness" as I suspect that now it has a leak in the line.

What is going on here?

Has anyone else been experiencing everything going haywire?

EDIT: I have to add that also this week, the heating element in our stove burned out.

[edit on 29-7-2006 by ben91069]

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Kinda used to things breaking and fixing them. I havent really witnessed any abnormal activity that would make a good scifi movie though. Maybe the heat has something to do with it.

PS: What is your avatar...? A guy taking a dump with his rifle and trusty halloween mask on ?

[edit on 29-7-2006 by imbalanced]

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Well Maybe god is warning to stay away from thing's or maybe ur just bad luck LOL .I hope you have a better today ben91069 .

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Hmmmm, heat, heat causing electric grid overload with glitches in service, too many defective parts used in equipment nowadays, too many cheaply built parts with low tolerances,...? Just being surrounded nowadays by more things to break down?

I just had a newly installed rebuilt alternator give out after only 300 miles; and that one replaced a rebuilt that should have lasted longer but didn't. Mr D can't figure if we just got two bad ones or maybe the high heat had combined with poor quality oil used on the bearings caused both to freeze.

Frustrating.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by desert
Hmmmm, heat, heat causing electric grid overload with glitches in service, too many defective parts used in equipment nowadays, too many cheaply built parts with low tolerances,...? Just being surrounded nowadays by more things to break down?

I just had a newly installed rebuilt alternator give out after only 300 miles; and that one replaced a rebuilt that should have lasted longer but didn't. Mr D can't figure if we just got two bad ones or maybe the high heat had combined with poor quality oil used on the bearings caused both to freeze.

Frustrating.

Funny you should mention that. The SBC guy came out to check my lines today and the culprit was a little device called a "heat coil" - some sort of isolator that sat in some controls in their local office - not anywhere near my house. He said even though it is in a environmentally controlled room, that they can still get corrosion on the contacts and go bad?? Well anyway this was one problem fixed, and they fixed my phone line as well.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Ben, I just remembered something else. The lens on my new digital camera wouldn't retract at the coast on vacation. Got home and it retracts. Salt in the air, humidity? Hmmm, now that I think more...our generator also while on the coast quit working...you guessed it, contacts corroding, cleaned and sprayed WD40 on the contacts and the motor purred. I guess we're all so much more vulnerable, even to things in a room miles from us!

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Last week I had to call the kitchen aid repairman to fix my oven, and couple days ago half of one of my windows just fell out of the frame, so I know how you feel! Thank God the A/C is still working! (I hope I didn't just jinx myself!)

top topics

join