It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War Hype

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
War Hype is an art of propaganda in war, how war turns war into a game people watch on TV like the world cup or super bowl, with winners and losers decided by points that are tallied by how many or how few 'innocents' are reported to be killed. It is a sad game really, the world today is no different than early Rome, except the Colosseum is delivered on cable news.

One catch though, when the Romans sat at the Colosseum, they knew what was happening, but for us, on TV we only get what they want us to see, after all, the worse it is the higher the ratings.

I'd like to point out that one of the most overused phrases the media has used during the past few weeks. "Israel Attacks Target Near Beirut" There are already almost 4000 hits for that phrase in googles news section alone.

With plenty of good photography and videos of explosions and smoke, and first hand interviews that describe the incredible destruction taking place, one could imagine Beirut is a broken and destroyed city.

You would be wrong. Did you know only 3 targets have been hit inside the Beirut city limits, and only 9 total in the city and surrounding areas?

Beware of the war hype.

vitalperspective.typepad.com...

A tactical map of what has been hit in Beruit and surroundings.

For those who will say "it isn't true" I encourage you to research your tail off to prove it isn't true, because it actually is true, as of yesterday anyway. War is hell, and the first thing that dies in war is the truth, with the innocent usually a close second.

**Disclaimer** Israel has bombed the hell out of city areas in Southern Lebanon, including neighborhoods. This post is not an attempt to justify all of Israel's target selections, rather expose the media propaganda.

~Enjoy!

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Stay on here long enough bro and you will be convinced of a few things: WW3 is happening, Israel are the real terrorists & Hezbollah is being victimized.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Stay on here long enough bro and you will be convinced of a few things: WW3 is happening, Israel are the real terrorists & Hezbollah is being victimized.

Not necessarily. Some of us remain ignorant and continue to think that the guys who target civilians intentionally are the terrorists instead of those who are fighting a war against people who hide in civilian populations in order to spin the media causing folks like you to assume Israel's the real villian.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 11:33 PM
link   
LOL now that right thar is funny i swear to God it is!!!

When was the last time you heard Hamas, Hezbo, Al Queda, the Palestinians announce to their enemy to warn civilians to leave an area because a strike is about to take place? In fact, Israsel is the only country in the world to do so.

Guess some of those fellers over there with bombs wrapped around their wastes cant say that huh? Or the guys hiding in the homes of civilaians who run outside and launch a Kytusha rocket then run back inside?

Big men.....big men they are.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Hidding among civilians? HAHAHA, their is no civilians left in south lebanon since at least 5 days. They killed them or they fleed. So this argument is plain wrong, sorry.

Also, sorry but if USA didn't have the military to do what they are doing, and 10 000 US prisonners were there ILLEGALLY, you would do the same thing. And you would resist a invasion, you would fight, that's for fu***** sure. Don't you think?

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
All of the civilians have NOT left southern Lebanon thank you. Sorry bro.

Your second statement does nothing to rationalize the all the other groups i talekd about and does little to rationalize Hezbo's response.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Hidding among civilians? HAHAHA, their is no civilians left in south lebanon since at least 5 days. They killed them or they fleed. So this argument is plain wrong, sorry.

You’re kidding right? The civilians in southern Lebanon have been covered in the news through-out the day on almost all media outlets. There have been some sporadic reports that Hezbollah are or may be impeding the civilians from leaving the region in some areas.

Now why would they do that?

mg

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
LOL now that right thar is funny i swear to God it is!!!

When was the last time you heard Hamas, Hezbo, Al Queda, the Palestinians announce to their enemy to warn civilians to leave an area because a strike is about to take place? In fact, Israsel is the only country in the world to do so.

Please Israel does it once and automatically you give them credit for something they don't deserve. The only reason why they do it is only because they look like a bunch of barbarians and they are trying to hide their true face right now. They don't want to lose what little support they have in the USA. Do you really believe if people weren't complaining they would bother to warn anyone?

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
were all dehumanised anyway. total conditioning, just fuels it.

just watch some american comedy shows and see how they talk about the war, and americans love it.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Not necessarily. Some of us remain ignorant and continue to think that the guys who target civilians intentionally are the terrorists instead of those who are fighting a war against people who hide in civilian populations in order to spin the media causing folks like you to assume Israel's the real villian.

junglejake, i hate to spam my own thread but i would like to see you try to put Israel in good light on herepolitics.abovetopsecret.com...

This is a propaganda war, and for you to believe that the media only spins reports agaisnt Israel is ignorant within itself.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by darksided
One catch though, when the Romans sat at the Colosseum, they knew what was happening, but for us, on TV we only get what they want us to see, after all, the worse it is the higher the ratings.
**Disclaimer** Israel has bombed the hell out of city areas in Southern Lebanon, including neighborhoods. This post is not an attempt to justify all of Israel's target selections, rather expose the media propaganda.

Thank you. I am so sick of the BS on the news. It is so obvious. I just want to see the truth, thats all. Nothing more, nothing less.

Originally posted by Prince of Peace

:bnghd:

Those people who are critical of Israel at PTS are also critical of hezbollah.
What is it with you? The people who are vocal and are asking questions and I feel rightly so, you think are supporting hezbollah? Please...that is just not the case.

The overall issue with this war is the high number of civilian deaths. The IDF bombing UN & ambulances for example. Why does this issue have to end up being us & them? If someone is critical of IDF then thats it, that automatically means your anti Israel? Well, I am sick of it!

ATS is about denying ignorance and I log in because I refuse to sit in the dark. I do not take what the media dishes out as gospel. PTS is deny apathy....asking questions and discussing issues, keeping your mind switched ON. Not being a mindless numbnut who so heavily programmed into the sheep mentality just follows the herd.

Perhaps you could just allow people room to discuss without labelling or writing them off as hezbollah supporters and anti Israel?

I am so sick of it!

and yes, its a rant
But I am fed up with seeing something and going
and then discussing it and then being labelled.

Why cant people discuss this issue without being lumped into the old us and them garb....? I am obviously expecting too much.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by wang
junglejake, i hate to spam my own thread but i would like to see you try to put Israel in good light on herepolitics.abovetopsecret.com...

You need me to jump on and explain why an organization that condemns one country for defending itself while putting another country like Syria or Sudan in charge of the human rights commission should be expected to have a biased stance going into any conflict involving Israel before anything happens?

top topics

join