It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flag "Thing"...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Listen, uh, I'm in Toronto, Scarberia more specifically and folks'll remember all the flags on cars during the World Cup... uh, 'got a new phenomenon to report; cars are growing Cedar Tree flags at an exponential rate... last week it was a few, now just returning from the corner store I counted 9 in about the two minutes it takes to walk there and back. Anyone else have similar or other reports? First time I've really noticed it in relation to the current sitch in the M-E. Pretty high factor of "Hmmm". Springing up in folks apartment windows too... I don't recall this ever happening.

Thanx,

Victor K.

[edit on 29-7-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   
By contrast, how many Israel flags are you seeing?

I'm in the boonies near Highway Five, so we dont' get much traffic, but there's not much on my street except from Italian flags from some diehard fans. On the other hand, the pro-Israeli folks did have that HUGE rally out in North York. However, in the news footage I saw, they were waving primarily Canadian flags.

As a side note... go Harper. Way to stick up for the (comparitive) good guys. Once you're done here, WHERE'S MY AIRBORNE REGIMENT?

DE

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Uh, none. Not one. Some folks were flying both the Canadian and Lebanese flags. Bathurst St. and Rosedale may be different. Yeah that support-rally was well-produced huh? Raised $6M in minutes. Reminded me of a Nazi rally - like Nuremburg during Hitler's "Great Oration" period.

I was prepared to like Harper seeing how he does some stuff that I endorse... not any more. How do they air brush out the strings to this marionette of the response-measured? Most unseemly for a Bilderberger who wears eye-liner and has Rose-coloured glasses concerning his "allies" who have "accidentally" whacked 9 of his countrymen. War crimes is war crimes.

Yeah, bummer no Airborne. BTW Some may wish to check the nationality of the interogating officer who was runnin' the Op in regard to the situation that led to no more Airborne.... or not. You'll need to do a little digging. I have a conflict of interest so I'll let someone else expand on this... one of my biz-interests gets bucks from DND... spendin' money hand over fist in Frobisher Bay - state of the art network stuff, I won't break my NDA... sniff around.

Back to the Flag Thing... is this hyphenate-extra-Canadian psuedo-nationalism a good thing? I'm thinkin' these Israeli/Hezballah folks are exporting their troubles here... in my backyard - what's hapnin' ain't illegal and I darn sure don't want the B'Nai crew upset - they own our sorry asses, Little Knesset, CTV, Global and all their "legal" firepower - Liberal and whatever the Republicans call themselves up here are both "complicit", have been for decades... McYawn.

Glad I got that trailer buried in the hill in Algonquin... ain't no one to get in my face there 'cept for the bears, skeeters and my missus' tribe. Frankly, I don't have much use for any side in this zero-sum equation or any supporter of this situation (pro or anti-whatever) where innocent folks get whacked as a matter of policy... less-than-human losers all. Killing innocent humans is bad... some religions even pay this concept lip-service... just another human shield.

Thanx,

Victor K.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I've been keeping my eyes peeled for flags ever since I saw this thread.

Aside of the Canadian flag, the only one I'm seeing is the Italian flag. I think they are left over from the World Cup.

I am, however, watching a group of sign-wavers protesting outside the Armed Forces recruitment office down the street. I walked through them as they were setting up, and overheard the instructions on how to act for the camera's that were there. 'Let's give them a hell of a show', the organizer said. How much of a show can you put on with 10 people?

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I saw a yellow flag 2nite on a Gold coloured Supra moving fast on Kennedy Road - it also had a Lebanese flag - 'couldn't say for sure it was a Hezbollah flag tho' - however it seems reasonable that it might be just that. Hmmmm.

I'm not sure I... No, I don't like this... I can't put my finger on it - the why part, that is. Do I feel somehow threatened? Kinda seems like some sort of a milestone that I may understand better in the hindsight that the passage of time allows.

Oh yeah, and I saw two little girls at the Dominion (supermarket) with their Grandma? 8 or 9 years old. Anyway they were wearing sort of a dew-rag deal-thing on their heads that said Lebanon across the front and had the pattern of the Cedar Tree flag. This did NOT bother me at the time. Hmmmm.

"Things" have changed that let me "know" or see evidence of a shift of centeredness in my community (this 'hood in particular). This mightn't have happened even a few years ago. Any thoughts? Is it just that I'm in this neighbourhood or what?

Victor K.
Remember our 9.

[edit on 4-8-2006 by V Kaminski]

new topics

top topics

join