It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronaut Brady Commits Suicide?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by chetinglendalevillage
Well, fortunately there was follow up to this story thanks to NPR (though it should have been me to make the request) who under the Freedom of Information Act were granted more information into a NASA investigation regarding crazy people, errrr, I mean Charles Brady and Novak.

I'm sure your are using the word "crazy" in fun without any attempt to disrespect others here. We do not know what was going on in Charles Brady's head the day he allegedly took his own life. I still respect him for his work with NASA and for just being another fellow human being sharing this planet with everyone else.

chetinglendalevillage as you read the following please note that I mean to write this in no way disrespecting you or anyone else at ATS. It's just my way of saying "some of us are a little uncomfortable reading certain things here".

There are many words that describe (the behavior of ) persons with mental illnesses. Calling someone "crazy" in effect, demeans individuals with mental illness. Webster’s Dictionary defines crazy as "characterized by weakness or feebleness; broken, weakened or disordered in intellect, shattered, demented, deranged." Still, some people may learn to use the word self-referentially, with the firm belief that it is an easy way to describe another person. Calling someone "crazy" gives them a label, a mark, a stigma. Some of us have a chemical imbalance which causes us to act or behave differently from others.
Mental illness is an illness, it's not a choice. Anyone called one name or other can feel rejected, this is not they way they want to be treated.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join