It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Several people shot at Jewish Federation in Seattle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
This is breaking news:

KING5.com

SEATTLE – At least three people have been shot at the Jewish Federation at 2031 Third Ave. in downtown Seattle. One person has been taken into custody.

Police have taken one person into custody but there may be more suspects in or around the building. Police have their weapons pointed toward the second floor of the building.

The victims are believed to be women. One was reportedly shot in the abdomen and another was shot in the arm. They are being taken to Harborview Medical Center.

No comment yet, just FYI.

Edit: fixed link and added:
Not sure this is actually political yet, but had to put it somewhere. It just SOUNDS political for now, so we'll see.

[edit on 28-7-2006 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Damn, this doesn't sound good at all.

Your link to the source isn't working by the way.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
www.king5.com... works for me.... three females shot. It's hot all over North America...

Victor K.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded

Your link to the source isn't working by the way.

here is a link
Link

No not at all! If it was an Islamic/Middle Eastern/Lebanese person, it could get ugly.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski
www.king5.com... works for me.... three females shot. It's hot all over North America...

Victor K.

Thanks Victor

So are they holding hostages inside or are they targeting people outside the building ? Or both ?

From that source -

One witness said the shooter shot a woman as she was walking into the building.

Another witness said she saw a woman sitting down, bleeding, outside the building.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski

Victor K.

Yeah, I know, could be just another idiot with a gun in a random act. But I have a gut feeling it ain't.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by pstiffy

Originally posted by ImJaded

No not at all! If it was an Islamic/Middle Eastern/Lebanese person, it could get ugly.

you're so in my head! lol

On a serious note, I just had a fleeting thought of the riots that occurred in Sydney and how this kind of thing can fuel the ignorance and hate in people.
I hope this doesn't incite that kind of behaviour, but let me see how this unfolds before jumping to that kind of conclusion.

[edit on 28-7-2006 by ImJaded]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I'm huntin' for an audio or video feed (live)... anybody?

[edit on 28-7-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
The shooter is in custody. Here is a link to live video. Please note that you must register for this webpage. The link to live video is at the top portion of the page just below the red breaking news.

www.nwcn.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
If this was done in retaliation for Israel's actions or something, it would definitely not be good. It will feed into many people's suspicions of Muslims.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Thanx dcgolf! I think their server is McJammed for now thanx tho'... any internet-radio links? BTW IMHO shootin' people is not good - ever.

Victor K.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
From ABC

Simon called up to her co-workers on the second floor, but got no answer, so she called the police and fled the building.

One person shot in the abdomen and another shot in the arm were being taken to Harborview Medical Center, KING-TV reported.

Police blocked off several city blocks to investigate.

Simon said the federation building has security.

"Somebody must have lied their way in," she said.

Well with those comments, this is looking like it could be politically motivated...

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Radio Link

www.komonews.com...

I'm watching Northwest Cable News and they are reporting the shooter is a Pakistani man with a criminal record. There continues to be rapid police action and a bomb disposal unit has arrived on scene.

I'll update as I can.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dcgolf
...they are reporting the shooter is a Pakistani man with a criminal record. There continues to be rapid police action and a bomb disposal unit has arrived on scene.

Pakistani? Bombs?

Uh oh, hope the Hez sleeper cells aren't awakening...

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I should have been more specific on the bomb disposal unit. It appears it is standard procedure as the suspect may have parked his car in the basement garage of a building on the same block.

Sorry

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dcgolf
I should have been more specific on the bomb disposal unit. It appears it is standard procedure as the suspect may have parked his car in the basement garage of a building on the same block.

Sorry

Oh no, I really hope they don't pull a "cause a disturbance to get all the police and help there, and then big boom" tactic. Please no...

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
There now saying One dead, at least five injured in the shooting.

"I'm a Muslim American; I'm angry at Israel,"

Its one thing to be angry at Israel. I myself am p.o at Israel for what is happening.
But going out and killing people just boggles my mind.

[edit on 28-7-2006 by tilldawn]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
RAWSTORY

At least five people were shot - one fatally - this afternoon at the Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle by a man a witness said was upset about "what was going on in Israel."

Ok, so it was a Pakistani criminal who was upset about what was going on in Israel as it appears so far.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   
While watching Northwest Cable News they are reporting that the Seattle Police Department issued a warning yesterday about potential events a Jewish locations.

They are also reporting quoting The Seattle Times that as the shooter approached the building he shot a woman in the leg. He then entered the building and said "I'm a Muslim American; I'm angry at Israel" and then started shooting.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Well, probably just a one-off freak incident, let's hope. But I think it may be one of the many estimated statistically to turn extreme that we discussed here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join