It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

72 hour cease fire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
What about this 72 hour truce so that aid can get in? It sounds like they are just waiting on an official response from Hezbo. I bet if they dont get one then this could jeapordize the planned permanent cease-fire as Israel will exclaim that if hezbo cant even stop for 72 hours to let humanitarian aid come in then why would they stop for peace?

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
PoP,

The palestinian militia in Gaza called a ceasefire on the 26th with the IDF to negotiate a prisoner exchange for Cpl. Shalit, and the IDF withdrew, yet the next day the IDF resume hostilities and go back in to Gaza with 50-odd tanks and APC's and kill 21...smacks of hypocrisy to me

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
That is true, but it wasnt UN brokered. Would that make a difference here?

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The UN is calling to a humanitarian ceasefire in the region, specifically UN Under-secretary Jan Egeland.

Will it happen? Who knows…there doesn’t appear to be an end in sight anytime soon.

Allowing the evacuations to proceed uninhibited would be fantastic; however the humanitarian aid proposed to be spread through the area would encourage persons to stay put. The distributions centers would need to be in the north, people brought to the food, medicines etc, but unfortunately that is not the plan of WFP or UNHCR at the moment.

Originally posted by timski
...smacks of hypocrisy to me

Doesn’t appear as if the negotiations went to well…

mg

new topics

top topics

join