It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pole shift causing odd weather?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Is it possible that a pole shift could be causing our odd weather? I know that our magnetic field is weakening, letting in more radiation, but does that have any effect on our atmosphere to cause our weather to shift?

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The spin axis of the earths rotation and the rotation around the sun is key
Check out this article. It'll explain how the world goes into a cold periods.
www.livescience.com...

In a polar region there is a continual deposition of ice, which is not symmetrically distributed about the pole. The earth's rotation acts on these asymmetrically deposited masses [of ice], and produces centrifugal momentum that is transmitted to the rigid crust of the earth. The constantly increasing centrifugal momentum produced in this way will, when it has reached a certain point, produce a movement of the earth's crust over the rest of the earth's body, and this will displace the polar regions toward the equator."

Albert Einstein From The Path of the Pole by Charles Hapgood
There is the definition of pole shift from Albert Einstein.

"An earth crust displacement, as the words suggest, is a movement of the ENTIRE outer shell of the earth over its inner layers. If you remove the peel from an orange and then reattach it to the fruit you can visualize the possibility of the peel moving over the inner layers. The earth's crust, according to Charles Hapgood, can similarly change its position over the inner layers. When it does the globe experiences climatic change. The climatic zones (polar, temperate and tropical) remain the same because the sun still shines on the earth from the same angle in the sky. From the perspective of people on the earth at the time, it appears as the sky is falling. In reality it is the earth's crust shifting to another location. Some land moves towards the tropics. Others shift, with the same movement, towards the poles. Yet others may escape such great changes in latitude.

More on poleshift research
www.huttoncommentaries.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by protostar

Phew, that was a good long post, but I think that most of us already knew that still, very informational.

Mod edit: shortened unnecessary quote of the entire preceding post

[edit on 2006/8/4 by Hellmutt]

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I believe that they are tied together; the polar reverse and the increase in its speed as of late, and the defined line its now taking. The magnetic fields demise, or at least its reduction due to the reversal, coupled with the human factor continues to degrade the ability of our atmosphere to screen the earths surface from deadly effects of the sun, in turn, the weather patterens. James Hansen gives us 10 years to what he calls the tipping point, point of no return is more appropriate.

The abnormality in the Wobble of the earths axis lends to further disrupt the harmony, it is thought that this change has increased and assisted in the reduction of the ice caps.

However, the most important piece (to me), Faith. I and several like me believe that the Second coming of Christ is at hand as the words of His prohets, which are recorded in the Bible, have told of these things which we are now witnessing.

And me? well, I dont know nothing, Im just a high school drop out, no degree nor title, but Im not deaf, dumb nor blind. I see whats happening, read each report then add it all together, bottom line is the Earth and its inhabitants are coming into a new age, whatever that may be, like it or not. I pray for the His strength to see us through it all.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by 56
Is it possible that a pole shift could be causing our odd weather? I know that our magnetic field is weakening, letting in more radiation, but does that have any effect on our atmosphere to cause our weather to shift?

Nope, ionized oxygen absorbs all extra radiation we will recieve. Life goes on during pole changes, our ancestors wouldn't be here if htey didn't. Thank god for oxygen, or else the atmosphere would be stripped due to outgassing when these events occur. In short: No, the pole shift is not causing odd weather.

Increased CO2 in the environment is shifting rain away from our rainforests and increasing the amount of energy held in the atmosphere resulting in higher temperatures, warmer oceans, melting ice caps, and all sorts of other hullaballoo.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   
If we're talking about a physical pole shift then the answer is emphatically no

If we're talking (as I believe we are) about a magnetic pole shift then the answer is probably no, although it is an avenue open to further research.

Most of the 'unsual weather' we're experiencing is, in fact, quite usual or else is fully within predictions based on CO2 induced global warming.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Except that CO2 didn't cause these weather anomalies. It is the Earth's natural period of time when the planet gets ready for the next Ice Age.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I'm with you kid! After the LAST solar cycle , the 25th,
The ice age will begin. After all, the holocene period is ENDED.
The rocks at the poles will solidify and become more icy and glaciers will grow
overwelmingly as the temps drop to unheard of degrees due to thick cloud cover
and more sunlight beaming back into the universe. It's a cycle. History. And
no war or anything can change that! It will happen because it is written in the ice cores over and over again and guess what?, it's just about time...
The only safe place would be at the equator where the energy is received from the sun.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I'm with you kid! After the LAST solar cycle , the 25th,
The ice age will begin. After all, the holocene period is ENDED. Less greenhouse gas means the end.
The rocks at the poles will solidify and become more icy and glaciers will grow
overwelmingly as the temps drop to unheard of degrees due to thick cloud cover
and more sunlight beaming back into the universe. It's a cycle. History. And
no war or anything can change that! It will happen because it is written in the ice cores over and over again and guess what?, it's just about time...
Between Glacial and interglacial periods that is..

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
At our house in Southern California, we have noticed all this year that the morning and afternoon sunlight enters the windows at considerable different angles (more northerly) than it ever did before the pole shift. Any other ATS members notice this type of difference?

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
From what I have read, a magnetic pole shift could influence climate however, its more likely that sun's activity sicne we are also seeing a rise in temp throughout the solar system. A crustal shift, in my opinion, would have little to no warning signs. Everything I had heard leads me to believe that event would be violent and abrupt.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by brutass
A crustal shift, in my opinion, would have little to no warning signs. Everything I had heard leads me to believe that event would be violent and abrupt.

Everything I've read (and I'll warrant it's rather more than most folk on this thread
) leads me to believe that such an event is impossible. Although theoretically there may be a mechanism for a relatively slow event - taking maybe just a few million years to occur

pr.caltech.edu...

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I'm sorry Essen, I have to disagree with you. A crustal displacement can happen if the poles become "offsides" due to melting. They are both melting at nearly the same rate as we all know but I believe it can happen. Once the major tectonic plates subduct there is an unevenness to the mass distribution. This is currently the situation. It seems that in the earth's past, after a subduction of major tectonic plates there has been also a major ice age after wards.An earth crust displacement, as the words suggest, is a movement of the ENTIRE outer shell of the earth over its inner layers. If you remove the peel from an orange and then reattach it to the fruit you can visualize the possibility of the peel moving over the inner layers. The earth's crust, can similarly change its position over the inner layers. When it does the globe experiences climatic change. The climatic zones (polar, temperate and tropical) remain the same because the sun still shines on the earth from the same angle in the sky. From the perspective of people on the earth at the time, it appears as the sky is falling. In reality it is the earth's crust shifting to another location. Some land moves towards the tropics. Others shift, with the same movement, towards the poles. Yet others may escape such great changes in latitude. Although this doesn't seem to be the case now, theoretically it can happen don't you think?

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
A magnetic pole shift is just the changing of the polarity of the magnetic poles, not a physical change in the crust, in hapegood's ideas, the crust of the earth dettaches like a skin and slips, such that what is now antarctica will be at the north pole.

As far the magnetic field weakening, that doesn't mean its about to shift, no one can predict a shift, the field fluctuates.

As far as the weakening field affecting weather, I am not familiar with anything that actually demonstrates it affects weather to a discernable degree.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by kid301
It is the Earth's natural period of time when the planet gets ready for the next Ice Age.

And what makes you say this?

FutureLibrarian
we have noticed all this year that the morning and afternoon sunlight enters the windows at considerable different angles (more northerly) than it ever did before the pole shift.

There has not been a pole shift.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 03:02 AM
link   
What makes me say this is that the Earth goes through natural cycles of Ica Ages. And I bet bet you didn't know most of the time, earth is in an Ice Age, concluding from its past.

Here is a site dedicated to Ice Ages and there cycles:

Not by Fire But by Ice

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 03:05 AM
link   
The Pole Shift has introduced a warble, and no matter how many leap seconds are added, it won't go away for a long time.

If you take into account the Angular Momentum being generated beneath the Mantle, I think we're in due for some shocks and shakes.

Kind of like filling a tennis ball with a viscous fluid and spinning, then touching.

I'll be proven wrong.

top topics

join