It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush-Blair Press Conference - Iranian Nuke

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Hello

Just been listening to an excerpt of the Bush-Blair conference on the 'Charles Adler' talk show, which is nationally aired in Canada.

He played a question from a journalist at 'The Sun' Newspaper to Bush and Blair regarding messages to Iran and Syria; he was simply contrasting the monosyllabic reply of Bush to Blair's 'eloquence'. Really just a comedy link in his program.

What stuck in *my* mind however, was that Bush said that Syria should 'give up it's nuclear weapon. And it's nuclear program'. He obviously then said that he meant 'Iran', not 'Syria'. But didn't retract the 'nuclear weapon' comment.

Just GWB butchering the English language again? Or a Freudian slip?

Just wondering....

Will see if I can find a link somewhere.

TD

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
OK...there you go. This is from the whitehouse.gov site
Q Thank you. Mr. President, and Prime Minister Blair, can I ask you both tonight what your messages are for the governments of Iran and Syria, given that you say this is the crisis of the 21st century?

PRESIDENT BUSH: Want me to start? My message is, give up your nuclear weapon and your nuclear weapon ambitions. That's my message to Syria -- I mean, to Iran. And my message to Syria is, become an active participant in the neighborhood for peace.

TD
So there you have it. Opinions, anyone? Am I just being paranoid?

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Bush is "gifted"

Mr. Bush memorises sentences and sometimes he forgets where to fill in the blanks. His mind is not working well. He speaks what i like to call "Bumper sticker talk"

Who knows what he meant. If you study him well enough, you hear the same things over and over and over and gets new bumperstickers along the way, then messes those up. Practice makes perfect, mr. President.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Bush is "gifted"

Makes you wonder if he indeed has started drinking again as some claim.

Interesting. "whadazdizbuttondo?"

Whoops.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
...if i was Bush, I'd be a drunkin basket case all the time, especially before talking in public.

join