It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 More Shipments of Bombs through Prestwick

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Just on BBC that US Bombs are on their way too Israel through Prestwich Airport, this week AGAIN!

Yet Bush is apologising for the flights

BBC Link

What i don't get is why they don't use one of the many US airbases OR RAF Machrinash(Spelling ?) Absolutley Bizzare!!

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
In the link one guys says that the flight plans showing they were carrying Bombs

We usually don't have time to worry about what's on board but there is a feeling that this is not good.

We work with military aircraft all the time and people here are professional.

They would never leave traffic that needs to be dealt with but there are people who feel uncomfortable working with certain aircraft

as he sats why advertise it so brazenly?

AND when he says "certain aircraft" this sounds like a regular accurance!

CX

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
"Bush has apologised to Blair". Hmmm i though Tony was walking a bit funny on the way to the lectern at the Whitehouse earlier!

I give up with Blair i really do, ok i don't want to see US/UK relations affected in any way, but all this fuss over the Prestwick incident and then a "sorry" brushes it all under the carpet........then they take the mick again with it?

Surely if this was such a big deal in the first place, they'd have thought to sort it so it didn't happen again anytime soon?

CX.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Definatley cx, stopped immeadiatley, NO EXCEPTIONS!

It's crazy that everything they are shipping through Prestwick is for the Isralei Defence force to bomb Hezbolah Bunkers. LOL

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Personally I think the shipping of munitions should not be allowed to go through civilian airports regardless of who they are from and where they are going to.
I’m really losing patience with Tony Blair; he really should grow a pair and spend less time kissing old Georges behind and more time strengthening our ties with the rest of Europe where I think our future truly lies economically.
The US government doesn’t give a toss about the UK as long as we toe the line that Washington puts out and Tony keeps knitting sweaters for George.
It’s as though we are the 51st state or something, time to cut the apron strings Tony and forge our own way for a change.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Evo, CX,...

I an totally with you on this...first Margaret Beckett helps Condi sabotage the Rome peacetalks, and now our govt gives the green-light not only to use our airspace, but also to land and refuel. There seems to be the matter that they are using Prestwick airport...is there some difference between Scottish and English legislation that they're exploiting?

I'm incenced enough to go up to Ayr and obstruct the runway and claim that the act of causing a lesser crime is to prevent a greater crime being commited (and claim the same defence as the women who smashed up those BaE fighters bound for Indonesia, with hammers)

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Apparentley they Prestwick have the right to allow any CAA reg'd counrtys aircarft

Thought they should also have a dangerous goods licence, thus they should stop immediatley!!!!!

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I suppose that we should be grateful that the US is only transporting explosives through Prestwick.

Anyone remember the 1992 air crash in the Netherlands, when an El Al cargo plane crashed into a block of flats near Amsterdam shortly after take-off from Schipol. It was en route from the US to Israel and amongst it's cargo was 190 litres of a chemical precursor for the production of Sarin nerve agent.

The chemical, dimethyl methylphosphonate (DMPP), was destined for the Institute for Biological Research in Ness Ziona near Tel Aviv.

In 1998 it was reported that up to 300 people were still suffering from mysterious illnesses, which many survivors blame on the effects of the chemical.

Israel says El Al crash chemical 'non-toxic'

news.bbc.co.uk...

It does make one wonder what else is transported by the US through UK airports.

zero lift

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Can we find out what aircraft are being used or registration marking they have to identify the planes involved? I am serious about making a nuisance of myself on a busy runway for a greater good, stuff the consequences!

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Well im sure that they have worse things than Laser guided Bunker Busting bombs landing in the UK to "REFUEL"

Blair needs too pull up his socks and get our identity and independance back before we are the "51st State" as Janus said!

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Timski i'll try and get a picture but those shown on BBC looked like chartered 747's, thats another thing i can't understand, why non military aircraft?

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Any act, no matter how small, from making a donation to the red crescent/cross to signing a petition of protest, against the brutality is a step in the right direction.....

ps: sorry to derail your thread evo...normal service will now be resumed

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by evo1981
Timski i'll try and get a picture but those shown on BBC looked like chartered 747's, thats another thing i can't understand, why non military aircraft?

Perhaps no one was supposed to know the US are shipping bombs through civilian airports and the guy who filed the flight plan screwed the pooch when he added that the plane was carrying munitions on that plan.
Regardless these bombs should have been transported through proper channels and been flown to one of the many bases that are equipped to deal with these things if anything goes wrong.
Bloody liberty if you ask me.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
timski if you think there is a way to help the people or stop the filthy gov't taking us straight into ww3, chip in anytime. What you said, i think many will agree, was still on topic!

thanks, evo...

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
They have always used chartered planes to transport bombs. In fact in time of a major war the plan is to use the Civil Reserve Fleet and transport them on FedEx. There are no external markings or any other way to tell them from a regular plane. They use chartered planes because the US needs the airlift too much to tie up a C-5 or C-17 on a flight that's coming back empty. A charter flight can carry weapons over, and then pick up regular cargo on the way back.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Sounds like weapons smuggling! If it were on military craft then it would be supporting the cause.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
How is it weapons smuggling to be on a plane chartered by the military to carry military cargo?

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
How is it weapons smuggling to be on a plane chartered by the military to carry military cargo?

You missed the point/I was not explicit... If any other country does it, we call it smuggling. Same shoe, different foot!

[edit on 29-7-2006 by AlabamaCajun]

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
If it's being smuggled then you DON'T let people know about it, and you DON'T file it on a flight plan. There have been tons of times when other countries have shipped weapons and nothing was said about it. It's when people like the "Merchant of Death" move them, or 200,000 AK-47s go missing that it's smuggling.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Easy now Zaphod 58...go easy on them now. Remember most of these people have been through public schools and never quite got over it. Just like they are doing here stateside.

It will take a couple of more bombings on the subways systems for them to catch on. Just like on the Continent...a couple of more Van Gogh types will have to be stabbed to death for them to catch on too. Till then they will be comfortable behind their television sets and down at the pub...just like alot of Yanks here are doing. " Hey man ..how about those Redskins and American Idol...you know ..really important stuff in life."

Remember too Zaphod 58 that their media has had much more time to develop the type of tabloid emotional journalism than we have here stateside. We are still playing catch up to Europe in the arena of the emotional tabloids and what passes for journalism/news.

THanks,
Orangetom

top topics

<<   2 >>

join