It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stonehenge....The Real Truth..........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Seems that Stonehenge is not what it seems.......over 100 yrs ago they REBUILT what they could but did it the way they thought it should look......

read about it here: Stonehenge Rebuilt

Fascinating story !!

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I am in shock. I grew up thinking what I was seeing is what I was getting with Old Stony.

What next - no easter bunny - no santa - no nessie - Then what I find out Simon Gray is really Simon Cox.

Stop the madness!@

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Beezer
I am in shock. I grew up thinking what I was seeing is what I was getting with Old Stony.

What next - no easter bunny - no santa - no nessie - Then what I find out Simon Gray is really Simon Cox.

Stop the madness!@

Haha, thank you. I needed a good laugh

CX

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I'm not too sure what to think about this one. Someone saying that they are "suprised more people have'nt heard about this" does'nt quite do it for me.

More people WOULD have known about this i'm sure. A bunch of photographs mean nothing either, i can go down the road and for £10 get a piccy in grainy black and white of me dressed as Billy the Kid, does'nt mean it was me!
Could those pics of the construction site not have been any site involving large "natural looking" building blocks?

As for the 1835 painting by John Constable, i think theres one from 1820 too, why can't that be a picture of Stonehenge how "he saw it", rather than the rebuild being done as to how the archeologists thought it should really look? Artists are forever messing about with reality in thier work, could this not be an early example of this?

Just my dubious opinion on the matter, but nethertheless a great find Alpha Grey
I'm not an expert in the practices and shannanigans that go on at Stonehenge, the rituals and the theories about what it's use is for, but i wonder how this will or could affect those? Are there certain rituals that relate to the alignment of the stones? Could these rituals be nothing but baloney if the stones are not in thier natural position?

Maybe i'm just looking for something to wind the hippies up with!

Excellent find!

"You have voted Alpha Grey for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month."

CX.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
You're not the first to notice this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I didn't know it until recently, but I'm not surprised.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
It would be foolish to believe that the restoration work carried out made no attempt to "improve" on what was originally found on site but it would also be misleading to suggest that what we see today is solely a 20th century recreation of the original.

Council for British Archaeology

However, I believe that it is true to say that nearby Avebury is much more heavily restored which is a crying shame as it is actually by far the more evocative site

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
There's been a number of standing stone formations (not just Stonehenge) that were "rebuilt" during that time period. They didn't have a lot of the techniques that we have today (for locating the original holes where the stones stood)

Thanks for the link, though. The next time someone comes in with 'druids floated the stones to the top with sound waves' statement, we can point them to this article.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Coolest thing I've read all day!!!!!

I had no clue.... Thanks for posting that article!

And now..........

[edit on 29-7-2006 by loam]

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The comparison pics; the painting and the photo are showing opposite sides, they could at least get a proper comparison of the same side at least.

And another question, why didn't they finish the restoration? Unless the stones they propped up fell down in less than a hundred years.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   
You want picture proof that it has changed well heres one from 1906 in a air balloon from the royal engineers

I know its relativley recent in the whole scheme of things but it is more proof that things have changed over time at the henge

[edit on 8/2/2006 by evo1981]

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Awesome picture evo1981 !!! If anyone can find more pics of before and after at Stonehenge it would be awesome !!

once again...great job evo1981 !!

You have voted evo1981 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
many thanks alpha, i will keep looking for pic's, i agree they are awesome pics, i've never seen them before!

top topics

join