It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hezbollah gaining support from other Arab countries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
There seems to be quite a turnaround in the response from Arab countries
regarding Hezbollah and Iraels military action to stop them. This article
explains that Arab countries are now trying to distance themselves
from Washington and are actually supporting Hezbollah.
Link

Mod Edit: Fixed link

[edit on 28-7-2006 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Well Israel is a nation that has not friends in the Middle East and its nearest and most dedicated supporter the US is very far away from them . . .

No matter how terrorist Hezbollah may be or not and how much they are against Israel been a nation . . . is their region and majority is and will always be Arabs.

Lebanon did not attack Israel . . . Hezbollah did and they seem to have a reason why and one that the rest of Arab countries seem to accept.

Lebanese people are dying from the attacks on their country and it seems that while UN is asking for some kind of negotiation US seems to back up the attacks.

Now what an Arab country would do?

Will they support Israel . . . ?

Will they agree with the US support of Israel . . .?

You know the answer to that.

Now if the conflict keeps escalating in the amount of death from Lebanon then this will not stop the Islamic nations from unifying against Israel . . .

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Maybe this will be a positive thing and help promote a quicker cease fire,
which I think really needs to happen soon. It wouldnt take much to drag Syria
into this (war?).

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I think its more to support the innocent lebanese that are dying here, lets not forget about them. Hizbollah is holding their own. Its the civilians that are the ones being killed.

The Lebanese army should have been out of their barracks the minute the first 100 civilian casualties starting occurring. Even though they would of got creamed they still should be out defending the people.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Not much has been said about the Lebanese population other than those
who could buy their way out. I would guess those that fled Lebanon
would have had to go to Syria. Where will Hezbollah go I wonder.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I expected this to happen. Arab countries will soon turn their backs on what Israel is doing. Why shouldn't they? It is like if Russia was attacking Romania because terrorists attacked them. The EU may say they have the right to, but when they see the scope of damage, their opinion would change.

It depends on what the American people start doing. If they start protesting against this, mass protests, then Congress will get edgy with upcoming elections, and start pressuring Bush. If they don't then the US will probably allow Israel to bomb the hell out of Lebanon until Iran and Syria and the other Arab countries start shifting their heels even more. Then America will say, "Okay Israel you should tone it down".

The reason why I said JUST toning it down, because BUSH is benefitting from this. I don't say the US because we are not. I am waiting for someone to bomb Iran's nuclear reactors...which I am sure is not beyond Israel's determination to do.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
I expected this to happen. Arab countries will soon turn their backs on what Israel is doing. Why shouldn't they? It is like if Russia was attacking Romania because terrorists attacked them. The EU may say they have the right to, but when they see the scope of damage, their opinion would change.

if only the Hizbollah were the ones being killed no one would have said a thing. Once they attacked infrastructure, began damaging buildings and homes, targetting civilians, that was where people drew the line. Even critics within Israel said they went too far. In order to keep a man who they said murdered 3 Israeli citizens, one of the first things they did was kill a family of 12 people. makes no sense.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
[edit on 28-7-2006 by spearhead]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
[edit on 28-7-2006 by spearhead]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

It depends on what the American people start doing. If they start protesting against this, mass protests, then Congress will get edgy with upcoming elections, and start pressuring Bush. If they don't then the US will probably allow Israel to bomb the hell out of Lebanon until Iran and Syria and the other Arab countries start shifting their heels even more. Then America will say, "Okay Israel you should tone it down".

I find this in itself amazing. I have seen and read of many a protest, all over the world but never a one in the USA.
Just makes it obvious to me that they, both (majority of) the people and the gov't, don't really care how many arabs die. And I do say this after actually asking alot of my American friends personally too, was just shocked at the responses I got. It's very unnerving to say the least.
I'm sure if it in some way benefits them ("opportunity" and all that I heard Bush and Blair talking about in their speeches today) they will intervene.

This aside, of course majority of the arab population will oppose the mass-killing of their innocent people no matter where they come from. I've said it many a time before and will now say it again ... Arabs from anywhere will unite, even with an enemy, against a greater evil theat, no matter if they actually voice it or not.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
There have not been many marches against Israel's incursion, because many Americans don't like Arabs. And you are right, I think Bush and Blair are supporting Israel because they gave the green light to Israel to do whatever they like. Iran I think is the objective. The British and American people are very different on this issue though for the most part.

Most Americans want the US to stay neutral.

It is still fresh in America's mind that Israel made a national day of mourning for 9/11 and Arabs were celebrating. So yes, if Israel even nuked those countries, I wouldn't be surprised if some Americans would still support that act.

NOW, yes I think Arabs uniting against Israel could be a possibility. But we will have to see. Asking me if I think Americans will support going to war due to this reason...well I don't know about that. It will be very split.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I don't think Americans will support going to war because of the mess we have
in both Afganistan and Iraq. I think both those countries have shown that you cannot force democracy on divided nations seperated by their religious
affiliations. I don't think the Arab world can even unite itself, and that is probly
why they can't stop groups like Hezbollah and Al Queda.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
even though i understand both sides, i think the west now sees why the muslim countries feel like they are ridiculed, and put down. i am sure there was alot of support in the population when it started, but the governments of these countries are seen by the people as weak, in standing upto the usa and israel, and just speaking out about them.

we can all see now why muslims feel humiliated, when it comes to things like this, this is why hezbollah are seen as heroes.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I don't think Americans will support going to war because of the mess we have

i find this amusing because does it really matter what the american's support or not.
when a people live in fear of its government that is called a totalitarianism.
See one big problem you guys have in your political system is the inablility to remove serious glitches in the system. Like George W. Bush for instance and his incoherent counterparts.
He is in there. You hate him. but every effort made to shift his egotistical arse from pole position seems rather futile wouldn't you agree?

so in conclusion it doesn't matter what the american people decide the dice will always land on 1

The government is supposed to work for the people. not the 'US'. Not the "our" that Bush refers to in all his dog tailing speeches no one will allow to fall on deaf ears.
It should be "you", the people.
You should control the government. They are yours.

top topics

join