It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

How Does the God take the Sorrow?

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
My soul cries and sometimes my physical body when I hear stories of great suffering and evilness. I just heard a story of a religious family being murdered by a group of teenage “Gothic” Satan worshipers. The family was sharing their belief of God with this group during a chance meeting at highway rest stop. The group led the family away and shot them while laughing like school children. Laying the bodies in the shape of a crucifix they shot them in the shape of a pentagram. The two children ages 3 and 5 were found sometime after the murder of their parents on the edge of death. They were air lifted to a local hospital where the young 5 year old boy lost an eye, and his entire family after his 3 year old sister died the next day.

After seeing this story I felt such sadness that my eyes started to water. I started to think about God and what he goes through. I mean this one story brought me much sorrow but think of the sadness God feels with the billions of similar stories that he feels. From the loss of a father or mother to rape and murder….the list could go on forever, all these actions at the hands of humanity against humanity.

I pray that God finds peace.





posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   


Dude, God isn't feeling that sorrow. Sadness is not a God thing. Sadness leads to fear, fear leads to hate, hate leads to the darkside. God is the exact opposite. Actually, I bet god loved it when that family died, just like he loves everything.



posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420


Dude, God isn't feeling that sorrow. Sadness is not a God thing. Sadness leads to fear, fear leads to hate, hate leads to the darkside. God is the exact opposite. Actually, I bet god loved it when that family died, just like he loves everything.


There are many instances of God having/showing emotion in the bible. We are his children he is our father. Assuming he has no feeling for us goes against everything in the Bible. Why would he send his only son to die for our sins if he didn't care?

I understand your post is more of an immature attempt to ridicule but you should know that I am far above this type of thing.

Blessings to you....



posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

My soul cries and sometimes my physical body when I hear stories of great suffering and evilness. I just heard a story of a religious family being murdered by a group of teenage “Gothic” Satan worshipers. The family was sharing their belief of God with this group during a chance meeting at highway rest stop. The group led the family away and shot them while laughing like school children. Laying the bodies in the shape of a crucifix they shot them in the shape of a pentagram. The two children ages 3 and 5 were found sometime after the murder of their parents on the edge of death. They were air lifted to a local hospital where the young 5 year old boy lost an eye, and his entire family after his 3 year old sister died the next day.



i too cry when i see or hear of suffering or evil
. i was wondering if you had some sort of link to this news story.



posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I'm sorry Trash_Bag_Helmet but I don't have a link. It was on TV as a reenactment of the crime. The show really brought it to life as it included the people involved. The killers were being interviewed as well as the parents and local town people. The detectives and police were giving a play by play as actors acted it out....It really touched me, what a sad sad story...



posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Why should god feal sorrow for the family? If they were a God fearing family, then they are alright. They are with him in the kingdom of heaven, and existing happily ever after. I didn't want to throw Jesus into the mix because I don't think of Jesus when I think of God.



posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
I'm sorry Trash_Bag_Helmet but I don't have a link. It was on TV as a reenactment of the crime. The show really brought it to life as it included the people involved. The killers were being interviewed as well as the parents and local town people. The detectives and police were giving a play by play as actors acted it out....It really touched me, what a sad sad story...

very sad. what channel was this on? also, was this something that happend recently?



posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trash_Bag_Helmet
very sad. what channel was this on? also, was this something that happend recently?


You should check your local listings for:

Station: A&E

Program: City Confidential

Description: A tragedy involving teens in a Kentucky town is recalled.

TV Guide says there will be another airing today at 4pm, at least there is in my area. The VCR code is 968596.



posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I should add that the tragedy is not only that the family was murdered. It was also that the teen "goth" kids were so lost in this world.



posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

Originally posted by Trash_Bag_Helmet
very sad. what channel was this on? also, was this something that happend recently?


You should check your local listings for:

Station: A&E

Program: City Confidential

Description: A tragedy involving teens in a Kentucky town is recalled.

TV Guide says there will be another airing today at 4pm, at least there is in my area. The VCR code is 968596.


thank you very much. i have actually seen that show while flipping through the channels, i will be sure to stop at it next time.



posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
I should add that the tragedy is not only that the family was murdered. It was also that the teen "goth" kids were so lost in this world.


yes i totally agree with you. seems like most of the youth today is lost in some way or another. thats sad by itself



posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Yeah A&E has a lot of shows like that. Another good show is called "Cold Case Files" where they solve real unsolved criminal case files that have gone unsolved for decades by using modern forensic technology and techniques.



posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
After seeing this story I felt such sadness that my eyes started to water. I started to think about God and what he goes through. I mean this one story brought me much sorrow but think of the sadness God feels with the billions of similar stories that he feels.

Your big problem is that like most people, you've been misguided into thinking that "God," is a kind of being like us, with similar emotions and motivations.

Jesus, himself, took the apostles aside individually and told them all a very important secret that clears it all up. As it turns out, the God most people foolishly worship is a kind of secondary, impostor entity that thinks it's the true God of the Universe, when it's obviously not. That's the Gnostic secret.

The true God of the Universe is the being or entity or consciousness (but really none of those things) that created the whole of reality in all dimensions and times. This "thing" (that can't really even be considered a "thing") is infinite and omnipotent, with no inherent needs or desires that we can fathom. It is the solver of all paradoxes. It is incomprehensible and can't be dealt with in any way we can understand or imagine, because of our limitations as animals and human beings. So don't go worrying about God feeling bad, because God doesn't "feel" in the same way we do. It doesn't do anything the same way we do.

The impostor God, known by various names, including "Yadalbaoth," or "Saklas," is not infinite or omnipotent. It's small, and it looks a lot like us, physically. This entity is also what we would consider insane. It's full of jealousy and rage and would just as soon destroy humanity (and it did several times before we got smart enough to get out of its way) as look at it. This insane impostor God aches for and demands our worship and loves to test us for what, if it was really omnipotent, it would already know.

That's the tip-off in the Bible as to whether or not you're dealing with the real God or the fake one. God goes into the Garden of Eden and can't find Adam after he's eaten the fruit. Seriously? Adam could hide from the real God? I don't think so. It's referring to the fake God. God telling Abraham to kill his son, Issac? You got it. That's good ol' Yadalbaoth at work again. Tower of Babel? Noah's flood? Guess who?

We're also fortunate in that we have "angels" watching our backs and keeping us from getting smashed to bits by Yadalbaoth/Saklas. The Watchers, who you can read about in the Book of Enoch. They helped get Lot out of Sodom. Stopped Abraham from killing Issac. Watched out for us as the demon entity Be'elzebub brought Jesus out of his tomb. These angels are very likely beings from parallel realities working to intervene in actions done by this nutty God that could create all kinds of havoc for us. Or maybe they're time-travelers giving us a fighting chance against this crazy God.

Either way, I wouldn't get too misty-eyed over God's problems. The real God is so far beyond problems you can't even comprehend it.

And this psychotic God that likes to toy with us like ants, well, it doesn't deserve your pity. Fear, maybe, because you never know what it's going to do next. But fortunately, this Yadalbaoth/Saklas seems to have lost interest in Earth for the moment. It's left us alone, which is good. No, that psycho entity doesn't deserve any pity.






posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Agreed. God can not have the same emotions as we do. That is why I got a chuckle out of the "God's sorrow" idea. If a being were truly infinite, then sorrow would not be possible. Neither would desire, or fear, which are key parts of sorrow. Not only that, but to feel sorrow, there has to be an element of surprise, or the unknown. If God is truly omnicient, then he would either always be happy, or always sad, or always neither. There is no sometimes. So, by that token.....


Originally posted by Rasobasi420


Dude, God isn't feeling that sorrow. Sadness is not a God thing. Sadness leads to fear, fear leads to hate, hate leads to the darkside. God is the exact opposite. Actually, I bet god loved it when that family died, just like he loves everything.


[edit on 28-7-2006 by Rasobasi420]



posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
If there is a "God" (I do believe in some highest-power) he/she/it/whatever should send some CSR's and a Technical or two down here mui, mui, pronto. Seems some of her/his/its' work is in need of adjustment and perhaps warranty redemption before it wrecks his/her/its' other work. God, sorrow? Military, intelligence?

BTW my "God" or spiritual service rep was an obese black woman spirit-deal with big hooters and small perfect hands that leaked light-sparkles who told me in a Caribbean patois to come back later cuz it wasn't my time yet. If she has a boss - I will have a few choice words/emphemeral sentiments for she/he/it/whatever before I'm sent to my ultimate disposition. I wanna proper comprehensive explanation of this "suffer the little children" stuff. So way non-cool... Romanesque and more pervasive than the NSA, and if a God is a technology? Party-on.

Thanx, I really enjoyed reading the views expressed,

Victor K.

[edit on 28-7-2006 by V Kaminski]



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join