It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A380 is going to be a military version

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The A380 is massive, but would it make a good military trasport is the question.Is it bigger or more efficent than the C5 Galaxy,does it even have a future with global warming and rising fuel prices send me the answers

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I'd have to say no due to it size and how airports are already having to expand for them and how the military will not look kindly on needing to expand their airports for what is probably no more then a couple planes. Also i assume your asking if the US would buy them and I'd have to give you a very flat answer of no due to the whole boeing vs airbus deal.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
spf22ace, please do edit your post and include a question mark in the title of your post. The present one "A380 is going to be a military version" nearly shocked me after i read it as a definitive statement as opposed to a question that it turned out to be.

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyf22ace
The A380 is massive, but would it make a good military trasport is the question.Is it bigger or more efficent than the C5 Galaxy,does it even have a future with global warming and rising fuel prices send me the answers

No. Military doesn't give a ... about global warming and fuel prices are not very important too. The important things are - how reliable it is in war conditions, how long does it take to take off and land, in flight refuelling, how fast can it be unloaded, etc. Generally speaking civilian cargo jets are not the best for military use, that's the reason uses C-5 and C-17 not 747 and 777.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Why would the military have to expand their bases for an A380?
Unless it's a lot bigger than a C-5, then they STILL have plenty of room if they used them. They won't ever use a civilian plane as a dedicated transport though. The reason they use the C-5, C-17, and C-130 is the ease of loading with them.

join