It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's why Israel will halt it's ground war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Disclaimer. I don't know how credible this information is but it seems to be quite accurate. I stumbled onto this site a few days ago and have found the information to be very informative.

Israel has apparently been duped and decoyed concerning Hezbollah's influence and capabilities on the ground. Quite obviously there has been a significant amount of outside help in getting Hezbollah's infrastructure up and running. Help along the lines of hundreds of billions of dollars. I don't think you have to have too big of an imagination to realize that Iran is behind much of this.

The Hezbollah fighters and Shiite supporters have gone as far as creating storage rooms in their own homes for keeping stockpiles of missiles. I'd have to say that the destruction of Israel is more important to them than their own family. The distribution of weapons in civilian areas explains the high civilian death count. Expect it to grow, possibly double as Israel ramps up their air strikes again. Washington is giving them till the middle of Sept. to finish the fighting.

Read the full article (click here) for more details

The Iranian RG officers working with Hizballah divided South Lebanon into 176 “operational squares”, each manned by 4-6 small units of 5-6 men. Each unit is armed with a large stock of anti-tank Sagger missiles, rocket-propelled grenades – RPGs, large roadside bombs and anti-tank mines. They are trained to attack Israeli tanks and APCs from a distance of 2-3 kilometers and sow routes of Israeli advance with mines and roadside bombs.

Planted in each of the 176 squares is a cluster of 5-6 small bunkers which are located at strategic points of vantage near South Lebanon’s population centers and main roads.

Shiite sympathizers of Hizballah in southern Lebanon had agreed to store rockets in special armored rooms which Hizballah built in their homes. They disregarded the risk to themselves and their children of cohabiting with fearsome rockets fitted with warheads packed with 50 to 70 kilos of explosives, and 40,000 small steel balls designed to inflict mortal wounds.

the United States ... does not want a ceasefire because that would hand Hizbullah a classic guerrilla-style victory

So the U.S. will continue to give supplies and weapons to Israel, and Iran will try to re-supply Hezbollah. Can you say "proxy war"?

[edit on 28-7-2006 by dbates]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Imo…There is little doubt there are proxy elements to this current conflict.

The UN reports prior to the current outbreak speak of increased martial infrastructure projects by Hezbollah inside the UNIFIL zone. Hardening of positions, placements dangerously near to UNIFIL locations, upgrading of travel infrastructure, increased check points, restricted movement of UNIFIL forces…Hezbollah “dug in deep” defensively months prior to engagements.

Hezbollah also, as reported, receives money from black market operations through-out the world, private donations and state sponsorships...ergo Israel’s first move was to attempt to cut-off Hezbollah re-supply from outside Lebanon’s border.

But I am not sure that Israeli intelligence did not pick-up on Hezbollah’s activities prior to the outbreak. Perhaps this may have been a factor in going in now versus allowing the defensive positions continuing to increase in effectiveness over time.

mg

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
So in each of the towns they have destroyed and forced the people out of, where are these Armored bunkers that are supposed to exist in the houses of each Shiite? Sounds like a story Israel will use to carpet bomb the entire shiite population. Then people wonder how Hezbollah was brought into existence.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
where are these Armored bunkers that are supposed to exist in the houses of each Shiite?

No one said that every Shiite house had a bunker in it, but some undoubtedly do. They aren't pulling these missiles out of thin air. Carpet bomb? Sorry, Israel doesn't have strategic bombers. Carpet bombing is when you drop 84 500 lb. bombs out on the same location. Israel's bombing has been strategic (Though somtimes misguided) for the most part. See the photos on this page for some of what I'm talking about.

IAF precision-guided bombs are targeted at the middle of the bridge, dropping one or two spans and possibly the central pillars. But the foundational abutments on each end are left intact, as is the highway roadbed itself

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Israel is going to halt its ground force because of the peacekeeping force that will be deployed there very shortly.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Help along the lines of hundreds of billions of dollars. I don't think you have to have too big of an imagination to realize that Iran is behind much of this.

Hundreds of billions of dollars? Highly doubt that. I don't even think Iran has hundreds of billions of dollars.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I think they mean since the beginning of Hezbollah (What I understood it to mean). I doubt that Iran could come up with that much money on short notice. Of course a "noble" cause such as defeating Israel, would no doubt gather support in funds from other Arab/Gulf countries who are as you know some of the richest countries in the world.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Exactly...Iran doesnt even have hundreds of Billions of dollars. The financial assistance for Hezbo has been pegged at about 10-12 million a month.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
What I am afraid off is that Lebanon will turn into another Iraq in which the rampant killing and bombing of citizens and troops is an everyday event.

If Israel stays in Lebanon or international forces move in I am afraid that the martyrs will make the area unlivable and safe for the people.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
That pic (thanx eh) is indicative of pretty straight-shootin'. Hey don't some of the shells in the Israeli inventory leave unexploded bomblettes around? Enough of those and wouldn't you have a semi-sorta-kinda a-p minefield? Would that be a buffer zone of any value or just a poke-in-the-eye that keeps on giving?

These rockets that the Israeli's are enduring gracefully, ain't they homemade junk or what? Can you imagine shootin' rocket powered explosives willy-nilly - sorta er, uh that-a-way. Not cool and I wouldn't want to be the schmuck on the ignitor. I wonder how many of these puppies misfire killing the operator.

I'm thinkin' Israel will halt the "ground war" when it feels expedient to do so and not before. They'all drank the "Kool-Aid" and are of "one-purpose". Not cool, group-think. I sure am glad I'm not them or on any side except that of the innocent. They will come to their senses at some point, claim some excuse or another of a great victory, and endure the consequences of their actions for a very long time. Not good PR even if you "own" all aspects of PR.

I've been looking for the mass protests like in '03 of the Arab "street" but y'know that can't be happnin' cuz it ain't on cable. Will the Sunni whack the Shia or will they merge to form some sorta anti-crusade alliance and do what seems to come natural?

Or, it wouldn't surprise me one little bit if there is an nuke or two or maybe something potentially worse unleashed in the not too distant future. I'm glad there may be some Yanks in "the special place" in Israel where the toys they don't talk about are kept... perhaps at some point those special toys could be rendered inert safely.

This callin' up 30,000 reserves ain't some co-incidental exercise. Same with Bubba and Mate on the "other" sides and their veiled threats, I don't like any of this primal-Darwinian-war sludge - it costs too much in every way and indicates poor management skills... and it demonstrates how far we have not come as a species...

I wonder if there are any children buried in the rubble dying this very moment as I write this. What would your last breath be like? Theirs? Think about it. Worm food for some, to me a valid human life - equal to any other - unfulfilled potential. How many times over is it now? Tomorrow? Turn off the killing now please.

Victor K.

[edit on 28-7-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Exactly...Iran doesnt even have hundreds of Billions of dollars. The financial assistance for Hezbo has been pegged at about 10-12 million a month.

So you are saying that it costs them 12million a month to have a total of 14,000 rockets in their arsenal and maybe a few other more advanced items? Maybe combined 12mil possibly if you take into consideration the Humanitarian arm uses some of the funding to help rebuild their part of Lebanon, but I highly doubt that 12million is going towards funding their arsenal solely

Pie

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
I think they mean since the beginning of Hezbollah (What I understood it to mean). I doubt that Iran could come up with that much money on short notice. Of course a "noble" cause such as defeating Israel, would no doubt gather support in funds from other Arab/Gulf countries who are as you know some of the richest countries in the world.

They aren't rich enough to give out hundreds of billions of dollars. I think it was a typo.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I never said they spent the whole 10-12 million dollars a month on the weapons they have. Hezbo is like any other organization...they have overhead and costs. Where did i say they spent every single of it on weapons? Read a little closer there house cat.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The only real thing that could stop the Israël ground war or at least a widespread conflict, is this, Russia constructing military base and naval bases in Syria.

www.globalresearch.ca...
www.globalresearch.ca...
www.globalresearch.ca...

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
So in each of the towns they have destroyed and forced the people out of, where are these Armored bunkers that are supposed to exist in the houses of each Shiite? Sounds like a story Israel will use to carpet bomb the entire shiite population. Then people wonder how Hezbollah was brought into existence.

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

the article I posted here talks about the solution saying that the hostilities will never end without ethnic cleansing. That is frightening to say the least. I am not sure of how accurate it is but it is pre emptive.

Is this the underlying rational or the real agenda?
Now I am not trying to incite anything. This article is alarming to say the least.

I dont see an end to the ground assault. IDF wouldnt have even bothered to deploy the 30K? soldiers in if that were the case. Just doesnt seem logical.

top topics

join