It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX news being used to demonstrate control?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Just try to follow me on this one, it's a bumpy ride, but i hope this will make sense to everyone (including me).

the other night i was flipping channels, but was stopped because i had to answer the door. i happened to have stopped on Fox News, on the o'reilly factor. he was ranting about how he dominated the previous night's ratings and how fox news continues to crush other cable news in the ratings.

so it dawned on me, fox ALWAYS calls themselves the most dominating name in cable news.

could this merely be some sort of sociological experiment
or possibly a test for how to dominate politics

what do you think?

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
How could merely saying "we've got the most viewers" be a test for how to dominate politics?

And how could it be a sociological experiment? And even if it did have some sort of ?effect? on us, how could they get the results? What would they use the results for?

But anyways, good work for staying paranoid!

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I saw that.

Bill was pounding his chest as an answer to that pathetic Olberman guy thats been dissing him for a while.

If you noticed, his mentioned MSNBC as "DEAD LAST" in the ratings..Olbermans
network.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Demonstrating control... hmmm, perhaps the desire for control? No, the lack of control fits better. Fox like so over-compensates with such boastful unjournalistic rhetoric and puffery it says they "need" to spin to win.

I'll take lower rated shows thanx, like The NewsHour and the Canadian "National" that actually have credible accredited journalists that don't have ratings worries to cloud their journalistic professionalism. One thing I do like about Fox they make Canadians laugh - quite entertaining actually. Kinda like the Daily Show except Fox is "serious" and no where near as skillfully written.

Thanx, I really had to think for a nanosecond about whether I'd get ambushed for replying truthfully,

Victor K.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski
Demonstrating control... hmmm, perhaps the desire for control? No, the lack of control fits better. Fox like so over-compensates with such boastful unjournalistic rhetoric and puffery it says they "need" to spin to win.

I'll take lower rated shows thanx, like The NewsHour and the Canadian "National" that actually have credible accredited journalists that don't have ratings worries to cloud their journalistic professionalism. One thing I do like about Fox they make Canadians laugh - quite entertaining actually. Kinda like the Daily Show except Fox is "serious" and no where near as skillfully written.

Thanx, I really had to think for a nanosecond about whether I'd get ambushed for replying truthfully,

Victor K.

You consider the communist broadcasting system to be unbiased? The CBC has its detractors and as you may have guessed I am one of them.

Even if the Fox network totally pandered to the white house, which it doesn't it would not compensate for the OTHER three networks that seem to be working for the UN instead of the American people.

But getting back to the thread... O'Reilly is chest thumping because people crowed at MSNBC or whatever it is called these days if it is not being acquired by somebody else that is... before they should have. Frankly, I'm more than surprised that MSNBC still exists.

I'm even more surprised that at least 75% of big US TV is left of center while nearly 50% of the US public votes Republican. Doesn't make sense does it... I mean if I was an advertiser and I wanted to do business with 50% of the US population then I only can advertise with Fox? One network gets 50% of the business and the other 3 get 50%?

Not a good model for a profitable business if you ask me.

Smart money goes to where the opportunity lies and stupid money follows everyone else that is the moral of the story.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Knew an attack was comin'... Preparing To Engaging Ignore Function......... didn't read past "communist" - You know how silly that is... I love it... LOL. Well BOHICA to y'all..... dialtone.................................

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   
how do you know a program is unbaised as some claim some programs are here?

from what i can understand most programs cater or pander in some way to some ideology mostly left or right.

which to me isnt unbaised at all.

but if you all got some kind of verifiable backup to let me know how a certian program doesnt cater to a side let me know. i want to see this program... or hear it at least.

i watch fox news because its funny. i watch cnn to see what the left is saying... hear npr to get the real left.... and see jon stewart because i believe it to be great satire.

i wish i could watch or hear some news program that doesnt pander to a view but only to trying to get to the truth of the matter ... but even thats vague.

[edit on 29-7-2006 by krossfyter]

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by krossfyter
how do you know a program is unbaised as some claim some programs are here?

from what i can understand most programs cater or pander in some way to some ideology mostly left or right.

which to me isnt unbaised at all.

i wish i could watch or hear some news program that doesnt pander to a view but only to trying to get to the truth of the matter ... but even thats vague.
[edit on 29-7-2006 by krossfyter]

Good points and it is the reality that I see too.

I think that the whole world is highly politicized and we are witnessing a struggle between left and right for world domination aka: 21st century cold war but this time its different than in the past. It is a war of snipers and biased media and indirect plays for power.

There is pockets of indifference or moderation in there if we look for them and they are refreshing when we find them.

Might be a good idea to list all the non-political news outlets there are but I doubt anyone would find any.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Can't see how it would be a test or experiment, but it sure helps for keeping control over his true believers and minions.
Some tv program I was watching recently dealt with a recording of Hitler's voice when he was not speaking in front of a crowd. Quite a different voice. Maybe Bill doesn't rant like that off air.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Here's an excellent website to keep track of it all and not just the big Fox: TV Newser

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
THe problem with Fox is that no matter what the bulk of the media whine and complain about..and they have been complaining for years now about Fox...the problem is that the American Public is voting with thier remote controllers.

What I am saying is that the bulk of the American Public is not as left leaning as the media would like to "Hijack/Seduce" them into thinking.

No matter how you try to cut it into sections....the American Public will vote with thier remote controllers.

What I have objected to for years and years..before the advent of Fox News is the default setting in the other medias that California and New York State..particularly ...New York City...represent all of America by default. These places play through and the rest of America doesnt count. If you want to know about America and American values..just find out what is happening in these two places. I dispise this type of implication in the other media outlets. IT was allowed to play through for years without any dissent....until Fox news.

I do know that Fox news is not unbiased...no doubt about it. None the less ...they do represent the views of more of the American Public than the other networks simply by the device of what the public is doing with their remote controllers.
But I can live with this knowlege better than what is attempted to "default" through on the other networks.

Someone in the news buisness years ago...was able to look outisde the blocks of what passed for news and information at the time and detect that the bulk of the news media outlets was not representing the views and intrests of Americans....they had gone to far as "information Change agent outlets."
From this obviously came the concept of Fox News. THey realized that such a media outlet would become very profitable.

Also obvious to me is that the rest of the media are not able to change thier views or modify...well. They are stuck in the time warp they have made for themselves.
They cannot shed thier "Change agent " styles. They also want the rest of us to be driven back by whining ..to the time warp they are stuck in. Not intrested. This is why they are work so hard in backing candidates who are amendable to thier time warp Change agent strategys. THey are shills for this time warp political strategy for this party. THey are not unbiased or middle of the road. To them ..Left is middle of the road. THerefore they have a entitlement to play through. This is what comes through to me from many of these networks.

I do not particularly like the Hannity and Colmes format. Nor do I care for the Greta Van Sustern format. But Oriley ..I can live with him. I like his pithy portion of the broadcast. He will stand up for what he believes in. Not default through....on the "victim dictum" as is common on the other networks.

Keep it simple....people...what are the bulk of Americans across this land doing with their remote controllers?? Not just the two states with heavy population figures.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I am not that computer savy..nor cell phone savy.

I have become aware recently that many people are not even watching television as much as in years past and are getting their news/informations from the WEB. I am not sure if this statistic is fitted into the television news ratings.

I have also become recently aware that cell phones have this feature where you can get information and news on your cell phones. I have recently seen cell phones which have some kind or mini computer terminals on them Yet quite small in size. Amazing to me. It appears that they have many of the features of a desktop ..including news and information....but all wireless. This appears to be a wave of the future.

My point is how much is this also changing the way people watch television or even bother anymore for news and information.??

THanks,
Orangetom

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Bill Oreilleys fastpaced style is good for entertainment but as for information and thought it is lousy. There is close to no reflection and it could all be summed up in "around the world in 60 seconds".

The notion that "most americans" or the american nation is left-leaning is ofcource spurious.

I would like to see a conservative channel with a deeper and broader coverage of more issues. As of now Fox is just an infotainment tool. USA is controlled, after all, by the biblebelt that retains the electoral majority in spite of the superiority of both production and population in the more liberal coastal areas.

A certain consentration is needed to grab information after all. The speed of Foxs "debates" and their screaming colours would make any serious journalist ashamed.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Psychology.

They keep ranting about how good they are hoping people will believe them.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I too would like to see a conservative program with more actual content than Fox news or as you state..deeper content or coverage on more issues.

It is my belief that all the networks are controlled and pandering to a political bias. To me all of them are shilling for thier respective partys. This is one reason I tire of Sean Hannity.

The main thing I note about Fox News is that they have found themselves a niche among the American public and the public obviously vote with thier remote controllers. This is clear to me.

As to the more liberal coastal areas you can have them and keep them. I was so disgusted to see that movie format... "Left of the Dial" with this woman Randi Rhodes. IN this format when the election returns came in with some middle America states coming in for the Republicans during the last presidential election her statement to these early results was "Nobody lives there." As a broadcast radio personality I found this statement highly offensive coming from her. ...especially for a group backing a presidential candidate...their position for the whole of American is "Nobody lives there." Not exactly sterling representation of American Values. Political party rubbish yes....American no.
This is why I put little stock in what happens or is occuring in these liberal coastal states..with higher populations. Many of the people in these states are dumb enough to think that they represent all of America by default. No one else counts. I find this attitude indefensable and offensive. I also find offensive any media outlet that plays to this technique. However I am not sure the average Conservative American is savy enough to catch on to this trend.

Thanks,
Orangetom

top topics

join