It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hezbollah leader said to be hiding in Iranian Embassy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Hezbollah leader said to be hiding in Iranian Embassy

Intelligence reports indicate the leader of Hezbollah is hiding in a foreign mission in Beirut, possibly the Iranian Embassy, according to U.S. and Israeli officials.

Israeli military and intelligence forces are continuing to hunt for Sheik Hassan Nasrallah, Hezbollah's secretary-general, who fled his headquarters in Beirut shortly before Israeli jets bombed the building last week.

"We think he is in an embassy," said one U.S. official with access to the intelligence reports, while Israeli intelligence speculates Sheik Nasrallah is hiding in the Iranian Embassy.

If confirmed, the reports could lead to an Israeli air strike on the embassy, possibly leading to a widening of the conflict, said officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

More...

This is not looking good... If Israel bombs the Iranian embassy, you can guarantee the conflict will widen...

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Great, everywhere you look some rotten option to widen this conflict seems to show its ugly head! Great hiding place! (Just what he wants, i bet)

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Beat me to it, I was just preparing this myself t post.

I hope they don’t mind keeping him for a while, because you know the Israeli’s will kill that man the moment he pokes his head out. Israel has a history of being relentless in their pursuit of its enemies, and Sheik Hassan Nasrallah is on that list.

I would not be surprised at all if Israel has/had/is considering an attack on the embassy itself. Of course that would transform this conflict into something entirely different.

In an odd way I wish all this transpired before 2003, as this is the conflict that the west really should be involved in, not Iraq. Hezbullah, Iran, and Syria really need to be put in their places. Its funny how nearly all terrorist activity in the world traces back to these three entities in one form or another isn’t it?

Kudos Israel, good to see a nation out there that has the nuggets to defend itself against these savages regardless of international opinions, keep up the good work

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Given the way this whole mess has been developing I wouldn't be surprised in the least if the Israelis just bombed the embassy. Or gave the embassy warning to evacuate, monitored the vicinity with a drone and targeted anyone/anything leaving. I think this have gotten that ugly.

top topics

join