It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Buys Car...Dealership Steals it Back!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Dealership Doesn't Like Deal, Takes Car Back

Earl Kieselhorst thought he owned a 2003 Chevy Silverado -- a truck that he bought from Bill Heard Chevrolet in Antioch. Kieselhorst says he "paid cash for it. Made the deal. Sales manager signed off on it. Signed all the paperwork. And drove off." He traded in his car and gave the dealer a check for $8,100...

But he doesn't have his truck.

Bill Heard does...

Just one day after he bought the truck, a salesman from Bill Heard called to say the dealership was having second thoughts about the deal. He told Kieselhorst that if he wanted to keep his truck, he needed to fork over another $10,000 -- something he refused to do. After all, he says, they had a signed deal.

But the next morning, when Kieselhorst woke up, his truck was gone.

More...

This is outrageous! And the best part is:

As for the police investigation, the DA says this is a civil case, not a criminal case. He says Kieselhorst is free to take the dealer to court -- something he's now seriously considering.

I'm sorry, I don't care how bad the deal is...the car belongs to this consumer.

Why is the dealership not being prosecuted for theft?

Man, nothing works the way it's supposed to in this country... :shk:

[edit on 28-7-2006 by loam]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
My 2cents :
Dealer ought to give the truck back for their mistake plus the 500 dollar check for te appologie, and any wadges the man lost due to not being able to get to work ( if he missed any) their mistake their loss. I'm sure they can afford it.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   
...and...they should be prosecuted for theft!

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
He should offer to pay the extra money, sign a contract saying he would and then not pay- stealing his car back.

Abit extreme I know but a deal is a deal. It has been signed by a "reputable" company- stories like this shouldn't occour. If they are going to sell a truck every last detail needs to be checked, unless a clause was present in the contract somewhere?

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Im with you here loam.

I cannot for the life of me understand why in the world this is not a theft. The contract that was signed was legal and binding.

once again where is the accountability.

it is ALSO a civil case. But firstly, it is criminal!

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TONE23
Im with you here loam.

I cannot for the life of me understand why in the world this is not a theft. The contract that was signed was legal and binding.

once again where is the accountability.

it is ALSO a civil case. But firstly, it is criminal!

*EDIT: Addition:
Also, this was one of a hundred complaints already filled with the BBB.

What I dont understand is:
If the cops wanted to press charges, then why the heck didnt they? did I miss something?

And even if it was an error as BH Chevy said it was.. it was thier mistake and they have to bite the bullet on it. period. the contract is signed and finished.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
This is weird to say the least, yet I wonder if the seller has the same option that is afforded to buyers that allows them 72 hours to resend a deal? If so that alone could be the reason the DA did not file theft charges.

I sure hope for the buyers sake he put paid in full on the memo line of the check.

I also think he should take it to the attorney general considering the alleged number of complaints filed by others according to the BBB.

[edit on 7/28/2006 by shots]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 06:16 AM
link   
geez im glad i dont live in america from what ive heard you can shoot someone who is breaking into your house and the criminal can sue for his injuries, if hes not dead.

here in australia you would just go on today tonight(a current affairs show) they would investigate the car dealership and they would just say no comment and everything will be back to normal

join