It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fall Comes Early to the UK?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   

British heat wave hits wildlife

Environmental experts in Britain said the country's recent surge in temperatures could be dangerous to plant and animal life...

"We will have a serious problem with wildlife if this weather continues," said Nick Collinson, head of conservation policy at the Woodland Trust. "Trees and plants are under a great deal of stress. We can tell this because we would not usually see leaves changing color and dropping until October but it already looks like November in some places."

More...

Not good...not good at all! :shk:

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   
It has been very warm of late and the warm weather is set to continue by the looks of things. I havent noticed any trees losing their leaves here in Yorkshire but a lot of lawns are looking very dry indeed. Did anyone watch the Golf? The fairways and greens at the open looked like deserts.
Our environment here in the UK really isnt cut out for this kind of weather ..... not at all.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Its horrible, the heat. And its too dry. I am lucky that out of habit, I planted some relatively drought tolerant plants in my garden. The lawns are small, and I only water them once every two weeks after a mowing. Its nice bcause that way, I dont have to cut the grass as often and I save water. Ive noticed alot of the fields and meadows around here are turning brown, though. This is not the same England I knew 10 years ago, or even 3 years ago.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Leaves are turning yellow and dropping here too, supposedly from drought.

I'm waiting to see if fall really does come early. If it does, then I'm betting the Asian tsunami affected the earth's orbit more than we know (down here in the dark).

Still - man-accelerated global warming is important. Too late to fix, but maybe we could plan to save people. Maybe? Anyone listening?

new topics

top topics

join