It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NORAD to close down - the ultimate conspiracy in the works?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   
NORAD, which is responsible for most, if not all, of the early warning for incoming threats to the US, is going to be virtually closed.

NORAD, which is a joint U.S. and Canadian command, was set up in the 1960s to monitor the skies for threats like missiles, aircraft and space objects.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Adm. Tim Keating, who commands both NORAD and the U.S. Northern Command, said the government’s best intelligence “leads us to believe a missile attack from China or Russia is very unlikely.”

That, along with the emergence of varied terrorist threats such as suicide bombers, “is what recommends to us that we don’t need to maintain Cheyenne Mountain in a 24/7 status. We can put it on ‘warm standby,”’ Keating told the newspaper.

I for one am astounded. With all of the new threats we read about every day, from North Korea, to China, to Iran, and their growing missile systems, most of which have the capacity to hit the US shores, how can this be.
Are we being set up for the ultimate conspiracy? Many here on ATS believe that 9/11 had quite a few "interesting" twists that could point to the US government knowing about it beforehand. Now just suppose that due to a lack of NORAD's early warning capabilities, that a missile actually does hit some US soil. There would be a prime reason to attack the "Bad Guys". Perhaps NK.
I have a bad feeling about this. I think this is a much bigger deal than it appears.
Why in the heck in these increasingly volatile times would the US close down their best early defense warning?

edit to include 'ex' tags

[edit on 28-7-2006 by masqua]

[edit on 28-7-2006 by lombozo]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   
well it didnt do american any good on sep 11th did it? also, some americans wouldnt fall for the old 'we thought it was just a drill' routine again should the u.s. be attacked from the air.

so what better way to defend your country from air-type attacks from china and russia than to remove its defense against them AND all the rest of the world, (and once done, what better time for the chinese & russians to attack america from the air!).

whoever thought up this plan deserves a promotion!!

(cough - dont mention bin laden & perhaps people will forget he's still at large
)

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   

The Denver Post reported late Thursday that the North American Aerospace Defense Command operations center will be moved to nearby Peterson Air Force Base, which is home to the U.S. Northern Command created after the Sept. 11 attacks.

plus canadian workers will be moved aswell

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   

well it didnt do american any good on sep 11th did it? also, some americans wouldnt fall for the old 'we thought it was just a drill' routine again should the u.s. be attacked from the air.

Actually, many believe that NORAD did see the threat on 9/11, but that the government made the military "Stand Down", and let 9/11 happen - at least in NY. Funny though that when George W. thought that his home (The White House) was going to be hit, that something happened to flight 93.

so what better way to defend your country from air-type attacks from china and russia than to remove its defense against them AND all the rest of the world, (and once done, what better time for the chinese & russians to attack america from the air!).

You bet. Doesn't make a lick of sense. Can anyone at all tell me WHY?

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
NORAD isn't closing

the cheyenne mountain facility is just closing down it's NORAD station

NORAD is still going to be in other places

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Yeah, NORAD is not closing, it’s just moving its operating center to a nearby AFB; no surveillance capabilities are being lost. Although I would prefer that they remain in the mountain the Admiral said it will be preserved and on a one hour ready notice. Most people don’t know this but if a few warheads hit close enough to the mountain the facility would be lost.

[edit on 28-7-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
As everyone has so well said, NORAD isn't going to close, just Cheyenne Mountain.

However as has also been said, I'd feel a lot more confident if they kept primary operations in the command center in the mountain. Before 9/11 they were sure they were ready for an attack, but 9/11 proved them wrong!

I know the USA and NORAD have made improvements, but still, why take the chance? We were surprized once when someone found a loophole in our defenses that we though didn't exist. We're being foolish to let our guards down again!

Tim

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
We must 1st understand NORAD,to provide a shield to the USA and CANADA, from within as well as from without.Up to speed,1970's,NORAD assigned to monitor,scramble and if needed,attack any suspected threat from the AIR SPACE of the USA and CANADA, due to hijackers could also be a hostile and a terriorist threat to Our Nation and It's Security.We realized that Our Enemy's intentions could be carried out.1980's,We mandated that all Cilivan Aircraft be equipped with Idenify Friend or Foe (IFF) transponders that has been used by the Military thru out the World for years because of what happened to Koren flight 007.Standard Military Operations and Civilan Standard Operations state that when a IFF is turned off,It is a Hostale Threat and a Highjacking My or Not be happening,Response as Trained.No Matter what Trainging Missions or Exercises happening at that Moment,NORAD has already played out the scene and Knows how to response.NORAD has in placed various options at hand,But Our Satalites start tracking ALL AIRCRAFT when IFF's are turned off Thru out THE USA and CANADA.Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) require that They at NORAD scramble jet's to Verify Threat,Regardless of Orders to Stand Down or a Limited Attack Units available.On 9/11/2001,They at NORAD let AMERICA DOWN and They Know It.This is all information before 9/11 and later,modified to suit people's questions.THIS IS BLACK OP'S AT IT'S BEST.Remember,History Repeats It's Self.Remember Colonel Prouty from JFK era and BLACK OP'S,Follow the Money,Time and Execution of Power Elite thru out our Corpations and Governments.On 9/11/2001,Andrew's AFB had Two Attack Squadrun's FULLY ARMED ready to scramble,because their assigned to airspace protection of the President.If NORAD's Assigned Squadrun not available,NORAD will and must Scramble ALL Attack Aircraft At It's Disposal.The DOD,FAA,CIA,FBI,AND VARIOUS OTHER ENITIES can not Hide SOP's during a NATIONAL SECURITY EVENT.Our EYE's In The Sky not only Saw,Recorded and Listen to Attacks, but also to the Execution of the Mission,regardless to Cost of LIVE's,Economy and World Disfunction and Destabilizing of the Living.A Very Few understand and control Our Lives only for a Short Time,and If We can Use Our Hearts and Not use Our Heads,We can Forsee,Behold,Live ALL of OUR LIVES togeteher as ONE in harmony,unity and love.Good Luck to those Who Will Continue On The Path Of Life and Not On The Path Of Knowledge Of Good And Evil.The Comforter.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Ive been cruising around all boards on this site for only a couple of weeks now and I just a few days ago became a member. I am, at the least, completely amazed at the focus of evidence and first person/ first hand knowledge that seems to be the foundation of this site. I guess what i'm saying is I WAS a nonbeliever and now....well....lets just say that my FOCUS now is the constant awareness needed to be on the level of what seems like most of the members in this site. NICE PEOPLE!
Sorry to branch off there......back to my main point! I am a firm believer that everything in this world is connected. Not in the sense of science but more so EVENTS. Where others may see coincidence, I see oppurtunity. For example:
NORAD is closing down to "WARM STATUS" says the American and Canadian govt. We already know the whole 9-11 thing with this place. Then you have iran just launching a satellite which could conceivably direct ballistic cruise missiles that DO have the range to reach our shores!
You might also remember in 2005 the minot airforce base "accident" where nuclear weapons were transported across the country without our own govt knowing. You might also remember that one of the launch devices was never recovered! Even more "STRANGE" is the recent deaths of all those involved in said incident; one of which was within a couple weeks!
So as i said before......COINCIDENCE vs. OPPURTUNITY!!! You decide!

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

They probably have a newer state of the art facility to use now. The older base costs a fortune to run every year, and they take that into consideration. I would not worry about our security, as they have other facilities throughout the US.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

I think it is rather obvious what happened there lombozo, if you go here,
]

youtu.be...

these are the norad tapes as presented by Rutgers Law Review. Take a listen 1 hour four minutes in, 1:04, you' 'll hear the military liaison scoggins tell the norad identification techs about FLIGHT 11 that just a little earlier was more or less confirmed as having gone off course and hit a tower, now the guy is saying based on a teleconference, the substance of which he and only he seems privy to, that 11 has been some way some how identified STILL FLYING, there is only one way to read this and that is that these guys actually do know and MUST KNOWeverything, of course we need norad to protect us and of course these guys pick up the genuine threats UNLESS AS IN THIS CASE HERE, ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING PHONY THREAT WISE IS FED INTO AN OTHERWISE PERFECTLY GOOD AND VITAL SYSTEM, listen to the whole thing paying attention to scoggins the conspiracy insider military liaison carefully and you'll realize he was the main bad guy, criminal, feeding bad and CONFUSING INFO TO NEADS NORAD, if scoggins wasn't feeding disinformation to norad everything would have went well, this bit of audio not only pegs scoggins as a conspiracy insider criminal bad guy, but as importantly emphasizes how important norad's proper function is, everything depends on it air defense wise, we need to get rid of scoggins, put him in jail, norad itself is vitally important, WE don't want to confuse important and needed personnel and systems with bad people and the bad outcomes these People direct
edit on 11-1-2013 by gingerlee because: spellings

edit on 11-1-2013 by gingerlee because: SPELLINGS[/editby
edit on 11-1-2013 by gingerlee because: CAPITALIZED PHRASE

edit on 11-1-2013 by gingerlee because: FLIGHT 116
extra DIV

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I had departed Caracas on my way back to the states when 9/11 happened. Abeam Jamaica we were told our stateside flight plan would not be accepted. I knew the station manager at Cozumel and via our onboard computer and Arinc notified how many crew and passengers would be arriving Cozumel in approx 1.5 hours. Hotels, customs, etc etc would be needed. We spent 4 days 3 nights before we were released back to the states.
One of the best decisions on a destination I could have made. Everyone was out of the airport within 2 hours after touch down.WTG Cozumel!!..

Some of the horror stories I heard about people being stuck in an aircraft for 3 days was sickening. They would have had to shoot me and my crew before we put up with that kind of B.S. Great passengers, crew, and support staff.

edit on 11-1-2013 by 727Sky because: edit

new topics

top topics

join