It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Optical Illusion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Have a look at this video:

Optical Illusion

You have to stare at it until the end, then look away. The effect is short lived, but quite surprising. Try it!

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Agh weird. Is that what hallucenogenic drugs are like?

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yossarian
Agh weird. Is that what hallucenogenic drugs are like?

Well, of course, nobody on ATS could have such info, we're all clean living souls. But yes, I'd assume so...without the world coming back to normailty after about 10 seconds.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Well doesn't seem like much fun to me. :shk:

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 04:56 AM
link   
The fluidy wavy visual effect is really very similar to the beginning of a '___' or mushroom trip (so i've heard : ). Big difference is ofcos that it doen't stop after 10 sec but just gets stronger and stronger and will last about 5-8 hrs...

don't try this at home
unless you live in holland

peace

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 05:02 AM
link   
As a former DJ its like the effect you get when you look at a record on a turntable going round.

I agree though, it is like a very very mild trip (visually)

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 05:55 AM
link   
So people spend a fortune on drugs just to make their eyes go wavy??
:bash:

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
hmm, not to start of a discussion but a good friend of mine uses mushrooms about twice a year (in a country where its legal ofcos) so i wouldn't exactly call an anual tripbudget of 30 euros a fortune.

She doesn't do it for the wavy optical effect though, purely for inspirational purposes & soul searching. By the way, she's a design director in a pretty good int'l agency...

legal disclaimer: i'm not promoting the use of forbidden or addictive substances at all, drugs can ruin your life!! Just say no! (that also includes alcohol, tobacco, medicines, coffee, sugar etc)

new topics

top topics

join