It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al'qaeda a myth? Or real terrorist's?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Ok, i wanted to start this thread because there seems to be big differences in peoples opinions of Al qaeda.

Some speak of them as a "group" of terrorists, that want to have Islamic law across the globe, through a jihad, holy war.

Some say that AL qaeda meaning "database" is not an entity, and is used as a propaganda tool by the CIA, creating problems where problems are needed.

There are a lot of threads which discuss AL qaeda as a mysterious force that "we" the democratic world are fighting, for are freedoms, so there is a clear difference of opinions on this, can we use this thread for people to discuss the fact of what we are dealing with here, who is are real enemy?

So is Al qaeda a CIA/Mossad tool.?

Or, is AL qaeda a secretive terrorist organisation.?

here are some links that say AL qaeda is fake.

www.whatreallyhappened.com...

I don't need to post links regarding Al qaeda as a terrorist organisation, you only have to look at mainstream media for that.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Anyone got an opinion on this??

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I'd say that they're real. On the evidence of the WTC attack alone. If it wasn't Al-Qaida than who was it?

And don't you even dare say that it was a US Government conspiracy.

Don't you dare.

[edit on 28-7-2006 by surrender_dorothy]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Instead of jumping into denial right away i suggest you study this site for a while:
www.911research.com...

The FBI doesnt list Bin Laden as the terrorist responsible for 9/11 attacks because
they say they dont have enough evidence to link him to it... But still they had
enough 'proof' to 'smoke him out of his cave' in Afghanistan, oh wait, i mean, they
needed that Gas pipeline through Afghanistan to Pakistan coast.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Well we all know CIA enlisted, funded and armed the mujaheddin (OBL) in the 80's fighting the Russians.

Im undecided as to whether they are a true independent group, or orcestrated by the CIA.
So many people say, "whens the next attack by AL qaeda?", or is it certain agency's making a problem, reaction, solution.

[edit on 28-7-2006 by Denied]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I honestly don't know what to think on the Al'Qaeda question. But..............

I tend to think it is a constructed phantom of the neo-cons, industrial-military complex and war profiteers.

I feel so manipulated and lied to by the current administration; I disbelieve almost anything they say or claim.

[edit on 28-7-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I feel so manipulated and lied to by the current administration; I disbelieve almost anything they say or claim.

Yeah well you don't need Bush to tell you how dangerous Osama and his followers are when they are doing it all over the world. Who needs the president to tell us how dangerous they are when Al Qaeda is fighting Jihad around the world?

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Originally posted by whaaa

Yeah well you don't need Bush to tell you how dangerous Osama and his followers are when they are doing it all over the world. Who needs the president to tell us how dangerous they are when Al Qaeda is fighting Jihad around the world?

I guess that's a yes vote, that A-Q exists, from you deltboy. I stand by the quote you so graciously reposted for me.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Al'qaeda are about as real as father christmas, ironically, they both are used for very similar purposes ,but being much less limited in scope,Al'Qaeda is flexible enough to not being a once-yearly event.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
But i thought it asked a very relevant question, one that i think deserves another look.

Al'qaeda a myth? Or real terrorist's?

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
If you have about an hour or so to kill at some point in the near future, I would highly reccomend sitting through this video...
video.google.com...
It's quite entertaining, and is an information overload that will answer some questions and put some pieces into place. Bear with it, the first five minutes or so is a little off-beat. Jaw Dropping, the lot of it.

[edit on 29-4-2007 by twitchy]

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
You have a job to do, bills to pay, mouths to feed, and a spouse to please, so you neither want to nor care to understand this situation.
I think the governments of the world rely on this scenario all of the time, but back on topic.

The Al Qieada (or however you spell it) thing is probably a lot more complex then "myth or real." I'm sure the name "Al Kyda" isn't used by the people to whom the name is applied, as I've never seen them refer to themselves as such.
Anything beyond that is really anyones guess.
Are these radicals really the remnants of those CIA trained militias from the 80s. Are they really one centalized group? Are they loosly connected cells? Are they many groups that aren't connected at all? Is the MSM simply labeling all undesirable arabs Al Caida? Is the CIA still involved?

And what is the real truth about bin Ladin?
Mastermind?
Rabble Rouser?
Mouthpiece?
CIA plant?
Bush family friend and business partner?
Is he even alive or not?

Once you've truly accepted the fact that you don't know the answers to any of these questions, only then will you have begun to walk the path or denying ignorance.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
doesnt matter , what matters is bush detonated buildings in ny and blamed it on arabs, islamofacists,ad terrorist, bushis a terrorist. our president is a terrorist!@#

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sunsetspawn
Once you've truly accepted the fact that you don't know the answers to any of these questions, only then will you have begun to walk the path or denying ignorance.

Hi, sunsetspawn.
I have to say i don't agree, accepting you don't know the answer in my book is not denying ignorance, you have not come to a point where you do know the answers, only then can you deny ignorance.
Just my opinion.

But remember the saying, "Ignorance is bliss", i sometimes wish i could go back to that, but after a while you cross a line where you tend to see a conspiracy in everything, which is not a good thing.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
One things for sure. I've never heard of Al Qaeda before 9-11-2001, now suddenly every single terrorist act on the face of this planet is Al Qaeda or either linked to Al Qaeda (Like ETA terrorist who suddenly get training by Al qaeda etc).

It's too much for me to be real, if you catch my drift. I have some problems accepting the story of Al Cia-da they feed us in the media.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Al'Qaeda does not exist, at least not to the extent the media and the government would like us to believe.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'
In the past our politicians offered us dreams of a better world. Now they promise to protect us from nightmares.

The most frightening of these is the threat of an international terror network. But just as the dreams were not true, neither are these nightmares.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrisFromGenk
One things for sure. I've never heard of Al Qaeda before 9-11-2001, now suddenly every single terrorist act on the face of this planet is Al Qaeda or either linked to Al Qaeda (Like ETA terrorist who suddenly get training by Al qaeda etc).

It's too much for me to be real, if you catch my drift. I have some problems accepting the story of Al Cia-da they feed us in the media.

Hi KrisFromGenk, your first statement made me think, but they have been around since 1988, fighting the soviets in afghanistan.

Al-Qaeda (also al-Qaida or al-Qa'ida) (Arabic: القاعدة‎ al-qāʕida, trans. 'the base') is the name given to an international alliance of militant organizations established in 1988 by Osama bin Laden for fighting the Soviet Union's Red Army in the Soviet war in Afghanistan.

en.wikipedia.org...

Whether you believe its CIA controlled or a real "jihad" being directed through Islamic extremists, it has been exaggerated for ones purposes, what ever side your on.

Al-Qaeda does not have a formal hierarchy but recruits field operatives to work independently in support of its goals.[citation needed] Due to its structure of semi-autonomous cells, al-Qaeda's size and degree of responsibility for particular attacks are difficult to establish. While the governments opposed to al-Qaeda claim that it has worldwide reach,[8] other analysts have suggested that those governments, as well as Osama bin Laden himself, exaggerate al-Qaeda's significance in Islamist terrorism.

Maybe it exists in both, fact and myth.

top topics

join