The "Final Answer To Everything" Game, Questions & Answers Thread

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Just a quick question. What is the urine.html thing you were talking about?

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

on the question "to drink?"

we were desperate and going crazy and theowdra tried drinkmyownurine.html

it led to a minor sidetracking.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I had a ton of fun, thanks Admin and Staff.

Grok and Grok to survive totally killed me.

LOL

X

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I agree with everyone, that was a great game. I didn't post as much as some did in the thread, but I was there trying to think of something useful to input. Everyone did a great job figuring out those answers. Awesome job everyone!

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I'm not sure if you're interested in discussing new game ideas here, but ... there's a place called high IQ society (or something like that) and they have a test full of questions that might give you some ideas.

www.highiqsociety.org...

Would a discussion of new game ideas (here or otherwise) be a good idea? I bet you 'd get a LOT of great ideas (a coupla hundred heads are better than two, no?) You could even get the ATS community involved by letting us submit questions (with attribution of course) and a promise not to reveal anything , not the slightest hint, to other players if our question is used. Or perhaps, let us submit a hint to be given just in case the players get stuck (like the VMS one)

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Hi Everyone,

i have taken some time off to get my head back together and also some sleep

What a fantastic game and as has been said before, what a community spirit! I have had some great laughs on here thanks to some of the members and the feeling of spirit that we have all had was above what i thought would happen.

I live in the UK and as we have members from all over the world, it was fantastic to see people working in shifts when one lot go to bed the other lot carry on, and then share when we came back online.

Its just a thought but maybe in a future game, there could be a community prize of some sort as well?

Well done to everyone involved esp to sillinous1 and the mods!!

p.s. I have been browsing this site for a loooong time, but became a member mainly because of the game

[edit on 28-7-2006 by BILL DOOR]

[edit on 28-7-2006 by BILL DOOR]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

Originally posted by nyk537

on the question "to drink?"

we were desperate and going crazy and theowdra tried drinkmyownurine.html

it led to a minor sidetracking.

Ahh..haha. So ol' Dave Hasselhoff supposedly tried that answer as well? That's funny.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
[edit on 28-7-2006 by nyk537]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I came into the game late and only made one reply (which was probably a thought that was terribly obvious to everyone already playing) but I have enjoyed every game ATS has done. I figure I am the person representing the group of people here who know nothing about the computer, engineering, math areas that lots of the clues come from - but I have learned a LOT from the games - so thanks to everyone involved.

I did find one ring in FTR game but someone else had beaten me to it and was in the process of being verified. That is probably going to be my only claim to fame

And the worst part to me is we had a family emergency and when I finally got home and got online the game had been solved and I had no idea what the solution was...

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
This game ruined my life.....just kidding.

When i first clicked onto the thread, it must have been about page 10 and i was thinking 'I don't do internet games'.
I decided that i'd give it ago, thought maybe it could clear my brain for a couple of hours as i'd alot of stuff on my mind....how wrong was I.

I must admit that although i was participating at one point my attention was waning and i was ready to quit the game. On one particular question, people were stumped, I was stumped, and more importantly, i was supposed to be doing work.
So, i decided to do what anyone who has work to do, should do....i turned on the radio.
Like a flash of light, something hit me. I decided to have one more try at the clue.
And OH MY LORDY-LOU - It worked. I'd solved the next part.
I swear it was almost orgasmic the feeling, and from that moment on I was beyond hooked.
I spent all my available(and alot of unavailable) time trying to help.

OK< i didn';t get to the end, but honestly, I wasn't interested in the prize.
I'd never been involved in something where so many people, with one goal in mind, worked so efficiently and friendly.
Yes there was time near the end where paranoia started to set in, and i also admit i was getting a little testy when others got the final answer.
Thats not because i wanted to win, but it was because i needed closure from that damned thing, i needed to know the answer so I could finally get a proper goodnights sleep.

I was also extremely pleased that it was a Proper ATS member that won, not someone who joined the site because of the game.

To Sillinious(SP) - Well Done
To everyone who got an answer - Well Done
To everyone who gave ideas to help get the answers - Well Done
To the Mods who gave their time and such - Well Done
To everyone else who joined in for the fun - Well Done
To everyone who kept that thread friendly - Well Done

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by JebusSaves
....i turned on the radio.
Like a flash of light, something hit me. I decided to have one more try at the clue.
And OH MY LORDY-LOU - It worked. I'd solved the next part.

that one was unbelievable ...a madona song ! I toght you were joking

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
nope, it was absolutely true.....trust me i was as shocked as others

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
idontwanttowait

i was talking about this one right?

i found the "givemethehardones" by chance i didnt even knew if that was good english lol...I typed the phrase and Blink!!! it was that ! i almost lost my breath...great moments man

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by derfred33
idontwanttowait

i was talking about this one right?

i found the "givemethehardones" by chance i didnt even knew if that was good english lol...I typed the phrase and Blink!!! it was that ! i almost lost my breath...great moments man

Yes it was.

Funny though, had I not got that one, then i swaer, i'd have packed in the game....i get frustrated easily then quit.

In the end i was getting frustrated, but I couldn't leave, i had to know the final answer....lol

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
me too,
a long time ago i tried to play the black labyrinth but for me, maybe because my everyday language is portuguese i could easely read the latin so i just didnt understood the purpose of the game at that time the only thing i loked at on ATS was the ufo section so i never followed the thread about the game...lol

hope to se you on the next one

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
So what was the prize?

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
The winner, sillirous1, won the domain 'www.thefinalanswertoeverything.com'.

Given the traffic generated by the game, the site already has some value.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Thanks for a cool game, for the intrigue, for the laughs...

Next time, can you provide some soothing graphics for all of us who spent hours staring at a terminal that reminds me of Wargames or some aftermath doomsday!

Thanks for the Fun.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
hi all,

here i am being paranoid...what does "is this a clue?, bd" in the tag of this thread mean?

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Great Game!

I was there from the first question and lurked alot. I tried to add some, but I was of no real help...

Mech32 was awesome at keeping everyone together and I feel should earn "Most Valuable Player" award...

new topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join