In response to Alfred:
1) It took place in Eastern Long Island
2) When I first saw it it was about 5:30, when I got the close view it was dark at around 8.
3)The first time when we saw it from afar we were probably about .5 to a mile away, when it came close it started off about 40 feet away and crossed
over our car. The altitude was about 50 feet possibly less though, my memory is hazy.
5)I had a view of it for about 10 seconds before it disappeared out of line of sight
6) I saw it as well as my parents in the car. The people at the barbecue saw it, but it was at a distance and we could not make out what it was.
7) We were travelling at about 60mph. The craft itself didn't seem to be travelling very fast, as I said before it was odd because it was silent and
illuminated on the bottom.
8)See number 3
9)I have no idea, did not report it, and my aunt lives about 30 minutes away from where we were driving(home).
10) I'll get back to you on the paint thing, my drawing skills are limited
so it will take me awhile.
To Ectoterrestrial's question
The distance was too far, and like I said it did the rising feet then dropping fast only about 3 times before it went back to normal. What would you
expect someone to do?
Edit: Forgot your 4th question Alfred, I do believe the lights had no pattern, they may have been pulsating slowly.
[edit on 28-7-2006 by CriticalX]