It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An odd encounter(UFO)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Hi guys, this is going to my first post. I've been a lurker for about 2-3 years, and have finally registered. I'd like to share an experience I had about 3 years ago, and I also have a few questions about it.

It started at my aunts house(suburban area) about 3 years ago. She looked at the sky and saw a vehicle which appeared to be helicopter. The problem is that it would drop altitudes extremely fast, to the point that we thought it was crashing. It followed that same maneuver about 3 times(going up, then dropping several hundred feet in a matter of seconds). Keep in mind the shape of the craft could not really be made out because it was a fairly far distance.

At this point I wasnt really into UFOs and my knowledge was lacking, me and the rest of our family assumed it was a helicopter having problems, and proceeded with our barbecue.

Day became night and the barbecue was over. It was time to go home, and before stepping in my car I noticed this odd helicopter like UFO appeared again in the distance. Again making the same maneuvers as before(rising then dropping several hundred feet). I made nothing of it and proceeded into the car, my parents were driving, since I was too young to drive(16).

We drive for about 5 minutes, and I see the craft approaching from the east at about 70 or some mph. The bottom is illuminated in red and blue lights mostly red though. The best I could compare it to, is if you are using a laser mouse, look at the laser part, and thats how the bottom of the craft appeared to emit light. Now it continues to get closer to the car. The craft is flying extremely low, maybe about 40-50 feet off the ground. I would've thought it was just a helicopter but something was wrong. There was absolutely NO SOUND as it passed over.
I only got a quick glimpse before it disappeared into the nearby trees.

Now my questions are, are there known crafts that can pull off these maneuvers? With no sound? Is it some sort of new technology? Or is it a UFO? If it is a UFO have any of you experienced what I saw, or have information about what you think it was?

Thank you

[edit on 27-7-2006 by CriticalX]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
If you have a better recalled description, I mean, helicopter's are pretty self explanatory by shape and size. Your story has lacked any real description's of this sighting at all?

"Got more to mention CriticalX?"

Then the input will be achieved!!

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allred5923
If you have a better recalled description, I mean, helicopter's are pretty self explanatory by shape and size. Your story has lacked any real description's of this sighting at all?

Unfortunately the only description I have is-
It definately did not have a wingspan.
Bottom lit up in Red blue colors
Made no sound as it passed by, absolutely none which is what freaked me out the most.

I thought of helicopter because of the way it pulled off verticle maneuvers from afar later that night when it passed over the car I saw the bottom which illuminated, it appeared circular, couldve been cigar shaped though. The craft itself was definately black as I could not make out the shape in darkness.

I know its not much :/ Which is why I asked the questions in my above post.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Where did this event take place?

What time of the day/night was it?

How far from the object were you? (Altitude & Distance)

Did these light's have a pattern to them?

How fast would you say it disappeared on the horizon/line of sight?

Did anyone else but you witness this as well?

How fast were you traveling in the car?

How long did it stay visible, form the first time you seen it to the time it was gone?

Were there other sighting's reportred about this Ufo by other's in the vacinity?

Could you go to paint and recreate what you had seen, close as possible?

There are a few thing's you can start off with for the most part. I am very interested in this subject and I am willing to help you try to figure if it was a UFO or if it is explainable by modern avionic's of the present ,K?

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I have a stupid question.
When you thought it was a helicopter in distress, why did you go back to eating?

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
In response to Alfred:

1) It took place in Eastern Long Island

2) When I first saw it it was about 5:30, when I got the close view it was dark at around 8.

3)The first time when we saw it from afar we were probably about .5 to a mile away, when it came close it started off about 40 feet away and crossed over our car. The altitude was about 50 feet possibly less though, my memory is hazy.

5)I had a view of it for about 10 seconds before it disappeared out of line of sight

6) I saw it as well as my parents in the car. The people at the barbecue saw it, but it was at a distance and we could not make out what it was.

7) We were travelling at about 60mph. The craft itself didn't seem to be travelling very fast, as I said before it was odd because it was silent and illuminated on the bottom.

8)See number 3

9)I have no idea, did not report it, and my aunt lives about 30 minutes away from where we were driving(home).

10) I'll get back to you on the paint thing, my drawing skills are limited
so it will take me awhile.
-----------------------------------
To Ectoterrestrial's question

The distance was too far, and like I said it did the rising feet then dropping fast only about 3 times before it went back to normal. What would you expect someone to do?

Edit: Forgot your 4th question Alfred, I do believe the lights had no pattern, they may have been pulsating slowly.

[edit on 28-7-2006 by CriticalX]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Nothing, as you said. Your explanation clarified your behavior. It went back to normal, so your distress was alleviated. That's all I needed to know. Thanks!

I look forward to your drawing. I understand it could take a while, lol. At least you can do it on a computer and erase the messy parts!

P.s. If someone claimed that what you saw at the barbeque was a kite, what would your response to them be?

What was the flight behavior of the object as observed from the car?

[edit on 28-7-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoterrestrial
P.s. If someone claimed that what you saw at the barbeque was a kite, what would your response to them be?

I would tell them that it was too high to be a kite, a kite also wouldnt be able to pull maneuvers that quickly.

What was the flight behavior of the object as observed from the car?

It moved slowly for an aircraft, linear, but silent.

Heres my artiscally deprived drawing of the craft

new topics

top topics

join