It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 the begining or the end?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaxPineapple
And no we cannot be hit by an asteroid without us knowing it, there are many ways we use to view asteroids and when it will hit us, if it will hit us, so likely we would know about it ahead of time.

Off topic:
This is incorrect. An asteroid around 10km or so in size approaching from opposite the sun will become only slightly visible as a faint star-like object about three days or so before impact. For most skywatchers, the ELE asteroid would be lost among hundreds of stars. And if the asteroid comes from the direction of the sun, Earth's daytime sky will hide it almost entirely. At best it will be visible near the sun at dawn or dusk a few days before impact. With all the advances in science, we still have no comprehensive asteroid detection program to speak of.

Best case scenario, we will see it coming years before possible impact, but one of the closest known approaches to Earth by an asteroid occurred in 1996, and it was only detected AFTER closest approach. Had the asteroid's path been in direct line with Earth, you and I would be space debris.

As far as 2012 having any physiological or world changing impact, I think that is just a smoke screen used by profiteers to sell books to the new age/doomgloom market. Unless of course, the Mayans had a glimpse of that pesky ELE asteroid, just slightly visible at dawn, coming from the direction of Sol before it's footprint against the sky disappeared into Sol's brilliance over time. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
The world will not end in 2012, it will be a transformation. Time somehow will end but not literally, it will be like a change, a new time will be created. Mayans did say that time will end because they knew what was going to happen. We are living in a past altern parallel time to a real universal time. In 2012 these two times will bond into one creating a time where we could be able to live with spirits from the other side. Throughout this transformation many catastrophes will happen, and as you see they are already happening right now, WW3 is one of them. By the end of 2012 many biblical events will happen too. Not many people will survive throughout this transformation, we are the ones causing our own destruction. It is in human nature to learn from the mistake, so this big mistake will bring a balance in humanity which we could live in peace and harmony with ourself, people, animals, earth, spirits, and extras-terrestrial beings. I once put an article on a thread which I translated that article so everyone can see it. it is a very interesting article. The url is = www.abovetopsecret.com...'
scroll down and you will see it.
its not a good tranlation and it will be difficult to read but if you read it, it is a be very interesting article.

[edit on 28-7-2006 by leo_infowarrior]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I hope you are right, Leo, because we could really use a transformation about now. But ANY philosophy that predicts the widespread destruction of mankind, Christian or othewise, smacks of ego justification.

We have more than saturated the limits of hierarchical government within the Age of Reason, and I would love transformation. But doomcalling says more about the caller than it does about the future. Remember that in 2013.

[edit on 28-7-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 01:10 AM
link   
It has nothing to do with the the END OF THE WORLD......but a change is def. coming indeed.....might be a magnetic pole shift.which makes humans gain a new sense..since our brains are mainly electrical...who knows really....but a change is coming...it's all self-evident now, the war of illusion will get started soon....amazing times are ahead...be happy, all of you.......

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Excuse me, but I believe that truly not many of you may have done your homework on what the December 21, 2012 Solstice to mean, unless you were to ask a true 'kaumatua' (tribal elder) what it is they see happening in the year 2012.

Most kaumatua are probably not approachable by just anyone, however, I've read one that said "Ka hinga te arai". Loosely translated thusly:

hinga = to fall arai = curtain

This given by an elder of the old school or original 'tuturu Maori' (and as such we shouldnt deduce the modern day translation as above) would really translate to:

hinga = to dissolve, to be removed, or to fade
arai = veil or thin separation

When a person dies, the Maori say they have gone 'ki muri i te arai' or to have passed behind the veil. As such in this circumspect arai means a separator between the physical world and the spiritual world.
If you focus on the word arai, a veil or thin separation could mean a plane, and translated probably DOES mean a plane of existence. In this case, the coming together of the spiritual and physical planes

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
IMO the year 2012 is a good chance for a new begging!

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Sitchin is RIGHT ON. But he doesn't speculate, he is only translating cuneiform text.

read my X-Brief: it is a FREE DOWNLOAD
www.ealchemy.org...

The 7th and final Night is ushered in on 10/28/2011. According to the Mayans it ushers in our final stage of learning called Conscious Co-Creation... (you can guess what that means!)

There is also Church Prophecy that points at 2012 and Harmonic Convergence prophecy that point at 2012.
• Sumerians - 2013
• Mayans - 2012
• Church - 2012
• Harmonics - 2012
• modern prophets - 2012

Our last cataclysmic event took place 1587 B.C. when the planets affect caused the earth's oceans to drop 16-20 feet, abruptly formed the Sahara desert, wiped out the Minoan civilization, wiped out the Mastedons and is also the time of the Biblical Exodus.

Planet X has an eliptic of 3,600 years. Minus 1587 and you get... 2013 (right on schedule)

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Well I'm really not one of the death wishers who invite the end of the world in 2012 but rather one of the few who actually would rather see great happy things happen in 2012 that will help us. So if there's gonna be some great spiritual awaking and whatever else that might happen that's very benificial to humanity then I say BRING IT ON!!! I really don't think that terrible things need to happen first for things to get a lot better or close to "a near heaven" so to speak or even think a WW3 needs to happen first. I can't see how the world can get better after a war like that anyway even though some people say because we need to destroy civilization on a global scale after a certain amount of time in order to keep humankind from ending. I just can't buy that because it really doesn't make that much sence.
That idea is just giving us the message that humans are so weak minded that we need a real devastating event to happen sometimes to come together and care about everyone again in the most profound way because they make us so sad that we just want to love and hold each other again. "Lol, we need sorrow for happiness is very contradicting don't ya think?
"

This is not true because I know we all have brains that can allow us to be like that withought needing a devasting event that kills so many people to happen first, so it's really just a matter of using our brains more. Maybe that kind of thinking is not natural enough for humans but we might evolve to where it's much more natural for us in the future.

I know thinking about the end of the world seems to be a a very benificial thing to many people because it's makes them feel more alive, be more social and whatever, basically helps them live everyday to the fullest. I think it was when I was younger than 14 when to me it seemed like everone was talking about the end of the world and that it will happen soon which also made me think about it a lot and although how ironic it is I admit it was a very uplifting exsperience that seemed to make me enjoy life so much. Although somtimes it hit me, making me sad while thinking that my life is not really worth living then since the world will end soon but that's probably just because of how guillible I was in believing it back then though.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Hi.

Dec 21st 2012 (or thereabouts) will see our Sun pass through the galactic plane - exactly. This happens every 13000 years odd on a 26000 year cycle (the ones the Mayans saw).

Some scientists say we "wobble" in a sinsoidal pattern around the galactic centre with a 26000 period and pass through the glactic plane every 13000 years, however this is a load of crock. Our solar system revolves around another star that revolves around the galactic centre.

What happens then?

Does our solar system "flip" around the other way like Norther/Souther hemisphere tornados'?
Do the Earth's poles change?
Do we have visitors via a glactic "doorway" that opens up when the Sun/Galactic centre line-up?
Is there another planet that we come in contact with? Nibiru?
Do we have spiritual ascention?

Who knows!

I believe history shows that something does happen every 13000 years odd (Byrd where are you).

What do I think happens?

I believe the plates go through a major "stress period" due to things "switching/flipping".

Humans can and have survived.

What will I be doing?

1) Be closer to the centre of Australia
2) Hanging on as I think it may be a wee bit bumpy
3) ...while drinking my "neat scotch" from a spill-proof container

Cheers

JS

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
this is just like y2k and every beginning of a new century or decade (2000, 1900, 1950, whatever), people get scared because it's a major change like from 1999 to 2000 and etc and then boom we're all still here, new year whoop dee doo. The mayans didn't predict the end of the world, (taken from wikipedia):

The end of the 13th b'ak'tun(144,000 days) is conjectured to have been of great significance to the Maya, but does not necessarily mark the end of the world according to their beliefs, but a time of re-birth. According to the Popol Vuh, a book compiling details of creation accounts known to the Quiché Maya of the colonial-era highlands, we are living in the fourth world. The Popol Vuh describes the first three creations that the gods failed in making and the creation of the successful fourth world where men were placed. The Maya believed that the fourth world would end in catastrophe and the fifth and final world would be created that would signal the end of mankind.

The last creation ended on a long count of 13.0.0.0.0. Another 13.0.0.0.0 will occur on December 21, 2012, and it has been discussed in many New Age articles and books that this will be the end of this creation or something else entirely. However, the Maya abbreviated their long counts to just the last five vigesimal places. There were an infinite number of larger units that were usually not shown. When the larger units were shown (notably on a monument from Coba), the end of the last creation is expressed as 13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.0.0.0.0, where the units are obviously supposed to be 13s in all larger places. In this age we are only approaching 0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.13.0.0.0.0, and the larger places are nowhere near the 13s that would match the end of the last creation. (Schele and Friedel 1990: 430)

This is confirmed by a date from Palenque, which projects forward in time to 1.0.0.0.0.0, which will occur on October 13, 4772. The Classic Period Maya obviously did not believe that the end of this age would occur in 2012. According to the Maya, there will be a baktun ending in 2012, a significant event being the end of a 13th 400 year period, but not the end of the world.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 03:20 AM
link   
PennKen2009:

>The mayans didn't predict the end of the world, (taken from wikipedia)

True.

But you can't ignore scientific evidence that our solar system will be passing through the galactic plane at around that date.

Some people say "oh, but we've been in the galactic plane for some time".

These people don't realize that "being in" the galactic plane (from a dispersed star point of view) is completely different from our Sun passing through the galactic plane from a mathematic point of view.

When it does, "something" will happen.

What happens when a tornado (spinning in an anti-clockwise direction) from the Northern Hemisphere passes over the Equator into the Southern Hemisphere where tornado's spin clockwise?

Same thing's gonna happen to our solar system

Many will survive though

Don't worry, the pollies won't be telling anyone "jack' about what could possibly happen because they themselves wouldn't have a clue either.

I also noted today the Queensland Premier (Australia) mentioned an "Armageddon" situation around four or five times.

Interesting that he repeated himself so much

Cheers

JS

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 03:36 AM
link   
The very first culture known to have a writing system was the sumerian (5000bc-1300bc) culture. they had a model of our solar system that was the same as what we have today, exept for one small difference - a 10th planet. Pluto was not discovered by us untill 1930 publicly. it was first photographed at lowell observatory in 1915 but not discovered till 30. anyway, percival lowell was dedicated to the study of mars, but towards the end of his life he was looking for a 9th planet. the reason he was looking for it was becasue there was an unknown gravitational force effecting the orbit of uranus and neptune. in 1930 when pluto was discovered it was accepted that this was the case.

this WAS NOT the case. in 1960 (or close to not 100%) a moon of pluto was discoverd and plutos mass was calculated. pluto is not what was casuing orbital deviations.

the sumerians had correct knowledge of all of the solar system as we know it today plus this 10th planet called nibiru. they placed this yet undiscoverd planet on a 3600 year eliptical orbit.

my theory is this:

the recent earth related events are related to the relative closeness of this 10th planet. (tis is not the large asteriod/planetoid sedna that has recently been discoverd.) the fluxuations are not casued by gravity, but rather magnetic feilds from this planet.

in 1983 encyclopedia britanica stated that pioneer would travel another 40 years out to search for our solar systems second sun, a sun that never made it. it is alleged to be a brown dwarf.

i have a bunch of additional evidence.

1 the cycle of the sun is 1336040 days
2 the myan calandar is 1336560 days long and ends in 2012
3 thats just over 3600 years, 3741 to be exact. thats within 4%, an acceptable tolerance imho.
4 every 11 years and at the end of a cycle the suns magnetic feild reverses.
5 there have been mass exctinctions on earth at times coresponding to when this planet would be around, including the last ice age.
6 there was more solar activity last year (magnetism plays a huge part) than in the last 8000 years or so.
7 the earths magnetic feild is moving south at a rate of 60km per second, and the earths magnetic feild has been known to completely reverse. if you
placed a telescope on antartica, you would be able to see into a 'blind spot' in space that we cannot currently see.

it is my opinion that the mayans had the same knowledge as the sumerians
and had realized the planet got fuxored every time nibiru came close. thats why their calander ends on december 21st 2012. they ecpect nibiru to be in the vicinity and bring changes due to its magnetic feilds, and not that it will directly hit earth, but that it will bring along comets/asteroids that will.

anyway, a huge magnetic feild within our own solar sytem would definately
alter our weather/sun/geo kinetic activity.

from an earlier post...

[edit on 30-7-2006 by jprophet420]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
pennkenn U do bring some good logic to the table but if the mayan's abreviated there long count to five decimal places the only problem is you got the math WRONG and so did the authors of whatever book u read

the mathematic change from 13.13131 five decimal places to 13.131313... repeating is not as dramatic as this faulty math u used claims it is changing something from 13 to .000000013

if u had 13.13131 times 1000 it equals 13131.13131

if u had 13.13.....repeating times 1000 it equals appox 13132.0

which is pretty much the same ( although when decided over a period of thousands of years the difference can be as great as a few hundred DAYS

which bring u closer to the real end date OCTOBER 28, 2011

the mayan calander was a calander based in SPIRITUALITY NOT astronomy

the following is an excerpt from the below link either click it or read below

www.experiencefestival.com...

most compelling is that the exact Long Count beginning date ultimately is calibrated based on the date of solar zenith in Izapa, which occurs on August 12. (Izapa is the ancient Mayan site in southern Mexico where the Long Count was first devised.)

This solar zenith day was since long, long before the Long Count was implemented, considered as the day of the year when ?time began? and considered as a holy date in the location of Izapa. There is thus every reason to believe that the solar zenith was the reason the initial day in the Long Count, 4 Ahau 8 Cumku, was set on this day, although obviously the date of solar zenith in Izapa has nothing to do with the real beginning of the corresponding divine creation cycle. (But to change this date would have been considered as heresy. We may make the comparison with the date of Christmas, which was taken from old solstice celebrations, and has not been changed, despite the fact that few, if any, believes that Jesus was born then).

The end date of the Long Count falls on December 21, 2012 is thus just a necessary logical consequence of the beginning date chosen by the Izapans and not something that the Maya had intentionally targeted. The creation cycles described by the Maya, including the tzolkin, are fundamentally of a spiritual, non-astronomical, nature. Thus, any theory that implies that the Mayan Long Count would have been designed to reflect astronomical phenomena, be it the precession of the earth or a solar zenith, is a warning signal that its originator is off the mark. It should be obvious that if the Mayan calendar is a prophetic calendar describing cosmic energy cycles of a universal nature then the particular date at which the sun was in zenith in the particular location of Izapa is totally irrelevant for us who live today and must be considered as nothing but a result of a tradition too strong to be changed.

Another equally compelling reason why December 21, 2012 cannot be the true date of completion of creation is that this day is 4 Ahau in the tzolkin count. Since the Long Count consists of exactly 7200 tzolkin rounds then the true end of creation must fall on a day that is 13 Ahau in the tzolkin count so that the tzolkin rounds even out. If we want to find out what is the real date of ending of the creation cycles we must therefore look for a day around the year 2012, which is 13 Ahau in the tzolkin count. The inscriptions in Palenque, written about a thousand years later than the Long Count was devised in Izapa, seem to indicate that the date of relevance is October 28, 2011, which in fact is 13 Ahau in the tzolkin count.

The issue of the exact correlation between the creation cycles and physical time may not have been as critical in the age of the Maya as it is to us, since creation is currently operating at a 400 times higher frequency. A discrepancy of a year or so may have meant less earlier than it does to us who live today. If we make a mistake of 420 days in calibrating the end date of the creation cycles we will

[edit on 30-7-2006 by cpdaman]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
"Sitchin's claim to fame is announcing that he alone correctly reads ancient Sumerian clay tablets; That all other scholars have misread these tablets which, according to Sitchin, reveal that gods from another planet (Niburu, which orbits our Sun every 3,600 years) arrived on Earth some 450,000 years ago and created humans by some genetic engineering with female apes."

REPLY: That pretty much says it all. He's a barking moonbat, no doubt a "fellow traveller" with Titor and George Noory. Tinfoil Hats anyone???

Our last cataclysmic event took place 1587 B.C. when the planets affect caused the earth's oceans to drop 16-20 feet, abruptly formed the Sahara desert.

REPLY: Please provide links to this; more than one would be nice.... something scientific.

if you placed a telescope on antartica, you would be able to see into a 'blind spot' in space that we cannot currently see.

REPLY: Being an ATM, I'd sure like some links/info on ths, too.

[edit on 30-7-2006 by zappafan1]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Since value is in the eye of the beholder, the world will end only for some in a purely figurative sort of way. With humans being human, we should indeed expect some sort of Windows 95 event or something on that last year of the Mayan calendar. Oh and by the way, Samsung has a 2012 strategy as it is convenient to rendezvous with the beginnings of the next decade.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
the real end date OCTOBER 28, 2011

the mayan calander was a calander based in SPIRITUALITY NOT astronomy

the following is an excerpt from the below link either click it or read below

www.experiencefestival.com... PLEASE READ and then criticize me

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
www.abc.net.au...

as a matter of fact, its already happened...

abob.libs.uga.edu...

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
the 13's arent all math, their the baktun number. The Mayans said that 2012 would be the end of the 13th baktun(144000 days, there are 13 in a complete cycle), a very significant date to them. I dont see the faulty math you're talking about. The stuff I posted is from Linda Schele and David Friedel, experts on Mayan civilization, including their calandars.
I never said i disagree with a major event happeneing, I just dont think there's gonna be a total Armageddon or Doomsday end of the world thing. I mean, the last time this cycle happened, something happened, it's been proven and I think somethin's gonna happen in 2012, just, like I said, no complete and utter destruction or ending of the Human Race or Armageddon.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 02:21 AM
link   
If there's going to be some type of "spiritual" change that is suppose to happen; and you believe in the bible, than could it possibly mean that the dead will rise out of their grave? get it? dead-spiritual? I dont know.....just a thought

I dont think anything relieving will come out of this change, just more sorrows and pain. Just more biblical prophacies to be fulfilled (if you believe in the bible that is).
Speaking of the end, it might not be the end of the world thats coming, but possibly the end of humanity.

I also read somewhere that major global disasters were suppose to happen before the "abomination" or the "AC" (a little off topic) appears so maybe the earth will go through a devistating change at that time.

[edit on 31-7-2006 by ge0089]

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 03:19 AM
link   
i think an borg ship will crash land in a city and the gov would find out that the borg are comming to invade US!!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join