It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 the begining or the end?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by MorninG StaR 21
Yes 2012 is the end and the start of a new age a new zodiac Aquarius
We are in Pisces now it happens every 2000 of so years we are very lucky
A major spiritual event will happen and a lot will change.

--MorninG StaR 21

WHAT A CROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr X
There have always existed fakers who claim they can predict the future. I'll tell you what will happen in 2012, it will be a bit like 2011 and 2013, on average.
Don't believe the rubbish!

I agree with you up to a certain point, the problem is that when you have too many believers those who have the power to change things can use those beliefs as an excuse to execute thie "masterplan" that is the real danger...

about predicting the future I think it is possible, again, up to a certain point...

if you look at the evolution of things you can say that the future is the continuation of the present with some minor changes induced by the past... of course you can´t predict single events or natural disasters, etc etc etc ...but you can have a good picture on how the society as a whole will evolve, lets say for the next few years.
And if you are an influential pearson, your view on how the future will be may even shape that future.

for example, I predict a major disbelief on politicians in general...
I predict a new political system on the next 20 years on the most advanced cowntries in the world...it will be based on egovernment experiments that are occuring right now

And of course, aliens will came to earth and every human being will be awere of their presence...the universe is so big that this must happen sooner or latter...

I dont have special powers to predict this, and i´m sure this predictions are not new!
the fact is that I think about these things and everybody who thinks can predict, because the future is nothing more than the continuation of the present influenced by the past....

fred

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Personally, I think that the 2012 thing will be a great learning experience for all of us.

Will it be monumental? Or will it be one of those, "the calendar is skewed for a frew yearsw wait for 2015, 2017, 2019" events of the past 2000 years of apocalyptic thinking.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by EB_GB
I believe there is an alien conection to the mayans and aztecs as with all our ancient civillization they seemed to know something we have lost or forgotten.
[...]
It seems our alien friends are telling us to remember the mayans.

These statements would be a lot easier to evaluate if there was even one tiny little shred of convincing evidence to verify the existence of any extraterrestrial life at all.

So if aliens exist, where are they?

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman

Originally posted by Enkidu
It the Mayans were so smart, where are they now?

Um... Mexico, Belize, Guatemala , Honduras, El Salvador , and Nicaragua.

Oh? Are they still building pyramids and making human sacrifices? That would be something I'd like to check out.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman

It the Mayans were so smart, where are they now?

Um... Mexico, Belize, Guatemala , Honduras, El Salvador , and Nicaragua.

Oh? Are they still building pyramids and making human sacrifices? That would be something I'd like to check out.

Are you really going to post that? The mayan race is still alive, just because that is, does not mean they are sacrificing anyone, or building pyramids. You don't see black people in the U.S. dancing around a fire yelling chants like they do in african tribes (not meaning to be racist).

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   

These statements would be a lot easier to evaluate if there was even one tiny little shred of convincing evidence to verify the existence of any extraterrestrial life at all.

That statement began with "I believe..."
Just like you believe there's no convincing evidence. Why bother posting one line that dismisses everything that this forum is about ?

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Here what I have to say. Many time I notice that 2012 is always coming up when talking about the "end of the world" but something tell me something big will happen I don't know what, but I get chills ever time I think about. I never trust all those thing I hear about the "end of the world" but it different now.

[edit on 28-7-2006 by El Che]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by EB_GB

That statement began with "I believe..."
Just like you believe there's no convincing evidence. Why bother posting one line that dismisses everything that this forum is about ?

This forum isn't about ridiculous, unfounded speculation about aliens. Not as far as I can tell. Otherwise, the answer to every dopey question would be "yes."

"If aliens interacted with the Mayans, could they have given them some apocalyptic information about the year 2012?" The answer is, "YES!"

"If aliens interacted with the Mayans, could they have kidnapped Elvis and brought him back to be their god?" The answer is, "YES!"

"If aliens interacted with the Mayans, could they have traveled forward in time to assassinate JFK to ensure WWIII starts in 2012 to fulfill their prophecy?" The answer is, "YES!"

If we're just going to speculate, then the answer is always going to be, "sure, why not?" Because that's what speculation is all about. Wild notions that are always possible within the established parameters of the discussion.

"Can ghosts buy shoes at K-Mart?" YES!*

* But only during regular business hours, because the cash registers are de-activated at night.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Hypnotoad, don't get your eyes in a knott! This is just a speculative question about the significance of 2012. As if you could single-handedly destroy the superstitions of apocalypse philosophy or numerology!

The MAYANs aren't around any more. But their calendar is and it is functional. Just like the Normans aren't around anymore, but their sewer system beneath York cathedral continues to function. The question is what is the significance of the Mayan calender cycle that ends around 2012?

My opinion about this there is little significance, other than possibly some element of galactic planar oscillation, and that is being generous. Apocolyptic numerology is a kind of hysteria that has swept nations and cultures many times in the past 2000 years.

Now, I don't know what GW believes. Maybe we should ask him to be honest with us about it. As many of the people I have known in the CIA and other institutions are uber Christians, I am sure THEY are waiting for the battle of Armagheddon or whatever is supposed to happen in that dirt valley in a desert somewhere. To me, THAT is the frightening truth about 2012, numerology, and apocalyptic thinking.

[edit on 28-7-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
one thing i will predict Nothing is certain!

Age of aquarius,end of the myan calinder,return to the moon,comformation of inteligent life elsewhere in the universe,time travel,AI,ww3,ww4 we can go on all night.

none of us know is my answer to the original poster.

but i would say look at the situation in the world today,miliions of people around the world now belive in ailens , there has been few times in the history of man that would have been a good time to pop in a say hello,1947 or 52? maybe and the government of the world have kept us all in the dark since then.
I and im sure most of you on here would like our suspicions comfermed.(hum thats a post, consipricy most ast's would like comfermed?)

i go for little gray/green men

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
calleman.com

calleman.com... take a look so u can at least debate (with more amunition) people that choose 2012 or 2011 as an end of the world as we CURRENTLY know it

oct 28, 2011 is the apex it is not an all of a sudden boom, which means these next few years will get intresting all i can say is give this website a chance and if u disagree then i would respect your opinion and u could respect mine as well

[edit on 28-7-2006 by cpdaman]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoterrestrial

My opinion about this there is little significance, other than possibly some element of galactic planar oscillation,
and that is being generous. Apocolyptic numerology is a kind of hysteria ...

that's about it in a nut shell.

and to threadstarter XxSeekerxX;

the 2012 ~date, ends one of the Mayans' real long 'Days' count, composed of a series of shorter cycles.
I'm not sure if this link is in any of the 100s of posts in scores of threads
about 2012...but here it is anyways
www.calleman.com...

the author is from Orsa Sweden,
and his mathematical calculations presents the Mayan end of calendar date
as being on 28 October 2011 instead of the winter solstice 21 Dec. 2012
his presentation is different & exotically strange from the standard fare,

you may want to augment your current reads on 2012 with this Maya Calendar ?theory?
but you can still click the menu & refresh yourself with past & other components of the Mayan Calendar from which he built his model of 'End Date'

[edit on 28-7-2006 by St Udio]

[edit on 28-7-2006 by St Udio]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Its all true, idk bout you guys but im going to market 2012 ;D

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
the mayan calendar was the most precise calendar ever developed. the calendar ends in december sometime 2012. this does not mean that the world will end. although terence mckenna had some interesting;albeit bizarre theories on the subject. google mckenna and the timewave theory. interesting stuff. cheers!

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by nastalgik
In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.

Well, I think that goes without saying.

In 2012, the Old Ones will return to devour the souls made flesh and we will all return to the seething depths of the Hell from which we spawned in that long-forgotten time before time.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Ya it's going to be totally awesome

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
if u are going to mark it down at least get the day right

OCTOBER 28, 2011

end of this current world (as in the way we perceive things now) and the beginning of a new

we are in what the christians call end times or the apocolypse where REVELATIONs of HIGHER TRUTHS are able to be seen. enjoy we are in for a roller coater ride

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by k3il
the mayan calendar was the most precise calendar ever developed. the calendar ends in december sometime 2012. this does not mean that the world will end. although terence mckenna had some interesting;albeit bizarre theories on the subject. google mckenna and the timewave theory. interesting stuff. cheers!

Yes, K3il, I believe you are right... there are alot of people who think the Mayans are fiction or this thread is a crock. Most of those people haven't studied this stuff at all, or, like some polititians, simply cant believe factual information no matter how many links or credible resources you provide.

Von Danniken's books "Gods from Outer Space", and "Chariots of the Gods" are kind of primitive - (they were written in the late 60's) in discussing how aliens travelled the vast voids of space to get here... Can we travel faster than lightspeed - - But how?? It's impossible... Kind of "behind the times" understanding of some quantum principles, but there are alot of convincing evidence in these books that the Mayans were in direct contact with aliens - evidence like: The undisputed accuracy of there solar calenders - very convincing - how can a civilization have this kind of data if it wasn't shared by ets... bold statement/question, but it is far more advanced understanding than the european astronomers in our history books and thousands of years before.

Explain this please - if they were a hoax, how did they know?

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
i read on this forum earlier about someone asking what the mayans had to do with ufo's. Well, if there is no connection with the mayans, then why is it when you type "mayans and ufo connection" into an internet search engine, you get the following response........1 - 10 of about 50,500 for mayan and ufo connection -

furthermore, with my military background, and my private investigation background, i can't/won't go into any more detail on this matter.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join