It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 the begining or the end?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Hi, first off I want to say hello to you all, I'm new to these forums and I've been looking around here for a time and alot of topics on this website were really interesting and alot of people in this community seemed to be very knowledgeable about a very wide array of topics so I decided to join =). Well I have to 2 questions, One is I wanted to know what everyone's opinions are about the 2012 predictions? Some say it is the date of the returning of the Anunnaki, others say the end of the world according to the Mayan calender....I wanted to know what you guys thought about this. My second question is what everyone thinks about the author Zecharia Sitchin? I recently purchased one of his books(the 12th planet) and I wanted to know peoples opinion of him and his theories. Thank you for your time and your help everyone =). I'll look foward to reading your answers =)

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxSeekerxX
Hi, first off I want to say hello to you all, I'm new to these forums and I've been looking around here for a time and alot of topics on this website were really interesting and alot of people in this community seemed to be very knowledgeable about a very wide array of topics so I decided to join =). Well I have to 2 questions, One is I wanted to know what everyone's opinions are about the 2012 predictions? Some say it is the date of the returning of the Anunnaki, others say the end of the world according to the Mayan calender....I wanted to know what you guys thought about this. My second question is what everyone thinks about the author Zecharia Sitchin? I recently purchased one of his books(the 12th planet) and I wanted to know peoples opinion of him and his theories. Thank you for your time and your help everyone =). I'll look foward to reading your answers =)

It the Mayans were so smart, where are they now?

And if there is a 12th Planet, where is it now?

The bottom line is that 2012 will be a very pivotal year for humanity. Just like 2000. And 2011. And 2013. Every year is a pivotal year for humanity. We could blow ourselves up or be hit by an asteroid at any time.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu

Um... Mexico, Belize, Guatemala , Honduras, El Salvador , and Nicaragua.

BTW, the Mayan Calender does not predict the end of the World in 2012 , it simply begins to repeat Day names.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Well I don't believe the world is gonna end in 2012. I don't get what makes the Mayans so special and physchic that their calender predicts it will in 2012. Although I haven't looked into the Mayan tribe stuff I have a strong down to earth feeling that nothing really earth shattering is gonna happen in 2012. You never know it might actually be when the singularity starts though. The only worst thing I see happening in 2012 is another large earthquake causing a Tsunami in asia about the same size as last years. Lol, I don't know why I said that last sentence but it was just a feeling I suddently got while writting this.

[edit on 27-7-2006 by Elimaku]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
1st Q: I'm not too sure what to think on this subject. I wrote a pretty large and very informational essay, or whatever you want to call it, on the Annunaki (which can be found by clicking here). I honestly don't think the World will end in 2012 because that means there are only 6 years to fulfill the prophecies of revelations (yes, I'm Christian).

I am, however, very interesting in the theory that we will enter a new dimension as of December 21st 2012.

2nd Q: Never heard of him but I might buy the book you mentioned.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
There are those that believe that in late 2012 the Sol System will transverse the Galactic equator, and that it represents a crossing into a new state of being as well. Possibly because as we appraoch that point, it's like looking at a pool of water that does not reflect, yet can have a effect on whatever enters it. Who knows, maybe the dimensions will become closer and then this will happen ... Warning! Really blatant advert!

but then again ... who really knows.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
1.Welcome to ATS.
2.The world will not end on that date.
3If the Mayans thought that the world would end then the in my opinion would think of it symbolicaly.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu

Originally posted by XxSeekerxX

And if there is a 12th Planet, where is it now?

The bottom line is that 2012 will be a very pivotal year for humanity. Just like 2000. And 2011. And 2013. Every year is a pivotal year for humanity. We could blow ourselves up or be hit by an asteroid at any time.

Here is something you missed, Enkidu, you don't have to be smart to predict the future.

And supposedly there is a planet way out in our solar system, atleast two more, supposedly though...

And no we cannot be hit by an asteroid without us knowing it, there are many ways we use to view asteroids and when it will hit us, if it will hit us, so likely we would know about it ahead of time.

Also, endiku is right, every year is a pivotal year, earlier this year we thought the world would end because it was 666 (really it was 6/6/06, no one thought of it, no one that I knew anyways) so the chances of the world ending on 2012, is a high possibility, and so is 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, etc...

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
What does this topic have to do with UFO's? Moderator's, can you move this thread to another room in this forum?

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Actually i do believe it belongs here as well, some of these topics kinda strafe across several different forums don´t they? I have lost most of my links due to a recent computer failure but as i recall it the Maya legends also clearly said that this "crossing" in the milky way would open up a bridge throughout the galaxie allowing visitors to come here. I´m sorry, i don´t remember the details, maybe someone else can fill in the blanks?

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Yes 2012 is the end and the start of a new age a new zodiac Aquarius
We are in Pisces now it happens every 2000 of so years we are very lucky
A major spiritual event will happen and a lot will change.

--MorninG StaR 21

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Check out Ian Lungolds stuff, unfortunately has passed away recently. I don't agree with his interpretations of predictions for the next few years but the theory is impressive. The Mayan calendar is truly incredible. some streaming vids here.

Google Video - Ian Lungold

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   
There have always existed fakers who claim they can predict the future. I'll tell you what will happen in 2012, it will be a bit like 2011 and 2013, on average.
Don't believe the rubbish!

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Is there a Psychic Predictions forum somewhere on this board? This is where this topic belongs. This 2012 mayan calender stuff is strictly fiction and TOTALLY non-related to UFOs. I can't believe this topic hasn't been moved yet! Aren't there any mods in this room??

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   
october 28, 2011

the last hundreds of years humanity has been plagued by perversions of spiritualiy (organized reglions) which have thrown the rest into thinking it is a fuction of the imaginatiion

morning star u are dead on about the spirtual implications that are unfolding over the next 5 years. the others are clueless, by no fault of there own other than closemindedness and faulty reasoning

the only bright spot is theat more and more people will figure this out for themselves over the next 5 years, especially as the chaotic fall of this capatlistic society falls, which is inevitable

the first major pulse of light along with better awarenss will occur after november this year, then after nov 2007 the biggest worst time will ensue for a year. laugh joke openyourmindandthenyoureyes

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I believe there is an alien conection to the mayans and aztecs as with all our ancient civillization they seemed to know something we have lost or forgotten.
That is clear. Interestingly most if not all religions and ancient cultures have a similiar end theory only the west sees a more bleaker doomsday approach while all others talk of a transition or rebirth.
I also acknowledge that the calender may simply be the end of a galactic day, the solarsystems complete orbit of the galaxy core and thats it. something like every 260 thousands years. I'm not sure how accurate I am with this. Just a thought the last ice age maybe. The Polar caps on mars are also melting, just something to ponder.
Of course there have been countless people throughout history claiming the end is nigh, but one thing is for sure most of us are in for dramatic changes in our lifetime whether we run out of oil, the icecaps melt or we finaly meet the neighbours something will give eventually.

It seems our alien friends are telling us to remember the mayans.
www.diagnosis2012.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Many other civillisations calendars including The Egyptians and the Sumerians have 2012 as an "end" date which is very weird. Time travelling aliens perhaps?

[edit on 28-7-2006 by Xeros]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Sorry to say i am a bit of a skeptic when it comes to end of the world predictions and doomsday prophecies, i just feel that every time a 'predicted' end of the world is ment to happen and the date passes without anything happening then soon a new prediction will be made, and so on...

But then again im the kind of person who says "if its going to happen, it will happen, we cannot foresee the future so lets just live our life to the fullest, and wait to see what happens"

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   
See, the problem I have with time is, is that it is a RELATIVE term measured by man. Our concept of time is but a speck compared to the dusty room of time, and for us to think that a calendar made long ago predicts the end of humanity, well, you know where to put that idea. It's just silly and stupid, and is meant only to entertain those minds that are easily swayed and fooled. Read my signature...

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
it is not a doomsday scenario as the perversions of spirituality try to make it out to be (organized religon) unless u can see that the apocolypse was supposed to mean the REVALATION of a HIGHER TRUTH

it is simply the culmination of higher and higher levels of consciousness or light energy that coincides with the cosmic process of evolution described by the mayans among others

time is a man made, yes. but time has and will continue to speed up (at least our general perception) of it over the next 5 years as we reach higher and higher levels of consciousness and this is becuase time can be looked at as a function of awareness consciousness and this csomic process of evolution energy (level) of consciousness or awarenss is INVEVITABLE the only question is what kind of changes will occur in a world where the energy is currently not compatible with this. we are headed for a period once in a MANY MANY MILLENIA with wonderful opportunity's for enlightenment. it is so much easier it's like your eyes are being opened for you. the world and its people and decsions are influenced by this galactic energy pulses ( it shapes humanity)

nov 2006- oct 2007 breathrough of light (very peaceful time with great awareness and consciousness

nove2007 -late 2008 a very forceful western led return to the materialistic capaclistic society that it the gov't life support system, this will be a time of more oppression than we have seen (this also coincides with other 5'th nites in the national underworld AD 434-829 so called DARK AGES and galactic underworld
1932-1952 fall of stock market rise of hitlet the fifth nite of the galactic underworld will be a time that should be understood and prepared for

please pardon the name's of these periods national planetary and galactic they are name given associated to higher levels of consciouness i.e we broke thru the galactic underworld in 1999 (first "day" of G.U.)

OCTOBER 28, 2011 the seventh day ends in all the aforementioned underworlds simultaniously different interpretations are out there all i know is that this is NOT SOME B.S claim I DONT say end of the world MORE LIKE END of the world as WE CURRENTLY see it

[edit on 28-7-2006 by cpdaman]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join