It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How They Controlled Images of Ground Zero

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
First, they setup a "restriceted area" complete with gov't guards at pedestrian checkpoints. Map here:

www.911digitalarchive.org...

Then, after the area was "secured", they got FOUR FEMA guys to take almost ALL of the pictures and video. THEY sent the vidoe to CNN and CNN sent it to other outlets.

Source: www.tvtechnology.com...

This allowed FEMA TOTAL control over what photos and videos would be released. Even though it APPEARED CNN was releasing it.

If FEMA had four guys taking so many pictures they are PUBLIC PROPERTY and MUST BE RELEASED. How are they defeating the FOIA on this?

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slap Nuts
First, they setup a "restriceted area" complete with gov't guards at pedestrian checkpoints. Map here:

www.911digitalarchive.org...

Yup that's right where the NYPD & State police perimeter was at Canal St.. That's as far as you could get in a cab. The military perimeter was a block or two inside this one. . . But it changed daily so as to thwart anyone noticing any kind of normalcy I guess.

Then, after the area was "secured", they got FOUR FEMA guys to take almost ALL of the pictures and video. THEY sent the vidoe to CNN and CNN sent it to other outlets.

Source: www.tvtechnology.com...

This allowed FEMA TOTAL control over what photos and videos would be released. Even though it APPEARED CNN was releasing it.

If FEMA had four guys taking so many pictures they are PUBLIC PROPERTY and MUST BE RELEASED. How are they defeating the FOIA on this?

It's because it's deemed a National Security Issue, and that takes precidence??? I could see that being true when it was going on, but how can WTC pictures & video from 2001 compromise National Security? I don't get it. Do they just wanna keep OBL from decorating his cave? I doubt it. . . I rather think WE are the National Security Issue with respect to that media. . .

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
They don't want you seeing all those nasty pictures of the steel that was so hot that it had to be shipped to taiwan the same day.... or maybe all those pieces cut by charges...or maybe the fact that there was some thing real fishy around building 7 and the pull instructions.

Face it people, this was the 2001 version of the reichtag, and you all fell for it hook line and blinking maggot ridden sinker.

Those pictures are all you get, because there the only ones to support the 'truth' as the goverment want you to believe it.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I have over 5000 pictures of the World Trade Center, but I have no idea who took them

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   
You have to realize that this was a recovery site also, and it is no place for people to be going and poking around with cameras. Aside from the toxins in the air and smoldering rubble, you had bodies. The same is done when there is an airline crash, you cannot just run up with a digital and start snapping away at the carnage.

If you take the time to look on the web you can find pictures. I have found some incredible shots of damage and heartfelt emotion that was captured that day.

If nothing else, no pictures should have been allowed out of respect to those who died. If your mother died on 9/11, would you want her picture on the web?

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
If nothing else, no pictures should have been allowed out of respect to those who died. If your mother died on 9/11, would you want her picture on the web?

Look, I am not advocating taking pictures of corpses and you know it.

This is police state activity... not American. Freedom of the press? WRONG. Freedom of expression? WRONG.

Searching civilians for cameras at checkpoints blocks away? WTF

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
I have over 5000 pictures of the World Trade Center,

It is a city of SIX MILLION people... That should equal a lot of pictures.

Here is the story from a guy that was there about the info control:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 1-9-2006 by Slap Nuts]

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
You have to realize that this was a recovery site also, and it is no place for people to be going and poking around with cameras. Aside from the toxins in the air and smoldering rubble, you had bodies. The same is done when there is an airline crash, you cannot just run up with a digital and start snapping away at the carnage.

If you take the time to look on the web you can find pictures. I have found some incredible shots of damage and heartfelt emotion that was captured that day.

I agree that there was more than enough chaos going on & it obviously was a dangerous place, so you can't have people running around with cameras getting crushed by large equipment. . . But what about all the footage that FEMA took. Why can't we see that? They could obviously exclude any media showing the dead. Why is all that stuff deemed a National Security Issue even now? It was a "crime scene", and it wasn't handled as such by destroying the evidence before the investigation.

Don't you think there would be great interest from people that design & build buildings to know EXACTLY why they fell? They threw away all the pieces to the puzzle, and then speculated the cause. It's the first & last time in the history of sky scrapers that this has happened. Again, wouldn't we wanna find out exactly why? WTC 7 had no one buried in the rubble. Why did they have to get rid of it so fast? Shouldn't building better buildings be a National Security Issue also?

I would also like to state that Iraq is a dangerous place also, but they embed reporters from various news agencies all the time, AND they show some pretty disturbing stuff. Why wasn't that protocol applied at WTC?

[edit on 1-9-2006 by 2PacSade]

top topics

join