It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WaxPineapples Theory on Alien life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Alright, first i'd like to say, the site looks great and it's good to be back, now on to my theory.

Now, alot of us learn about alien life from such places as, television, the internet, (sometimes from our crazy uncles and grandfathers
) and scientists, all of them say that a planet with no oxygen, no water, and none of the things essential to keeping us alive. That life can not thrive, but, we only know this because we need these things to survive, how do we know if aliens don't need these things essential to our survival?

Take the movie war of the worlds for example, the invading aliens considered our air and water as toxin, they could not breathe our air, nor could they drink our water. So if that is so, then how did they survive on their planet if they can not breathe air or drink water, that would mean there had to be another way for them to survive.

My theory is that, aliens can survive without the needs that we have, thus meaning, there could be life on all of the planets, we just don't know yet. But scientists would take this theory and throw it out the window, because, since we survive through water and air. And we have learned this throughout our lives, they will not even look this theory over more than once.

Now ATS members, what say you?

[edit on 27-7-2006 by WaxPineapple]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I agree with you to a certain extend. Here is an analogy.

You see all birds fly, they all have 2 wings. Some are not birds and still fly. But many are birds.

We are humans and we need air and H2O to survive. 90% of "them" (life, aliens, us) need air and water to survive. There are some (few) that don't.

So you see, we don't have hundreds of different species that fly. We have the birds and a few more. The same with planets, each planet is different, so are species, can all species fly? NO! Do all planets have air and H2O? NO! Do some species fly? Yes! Do some planets have air and H2O? Yes!

Is there life on every planet? No. Can all species fly? No.

So there it is. 90% of alien life needs air and H2O.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaxPineapple
My theory is that, aliens can survive without the needs that we have, thus meaning, there could be life on all of the planets, we just don't know yet. [...]

Show me an alien, and maybe we can test your theory. Otherwise, at this point, it seems that life needs all of the things found only on Earth, and only in the combination found on Earth. And in all the planets around all the suns in all the galaxies in the universe, there's never been the exact combination of elements and environments for a long enough time for life to have developed anywhere other than right here.

And you can calculate the odds from here to forever, and you'll still only be able to accurately say that as far as we know, life exists in exactly 1 out of every infinite number of planets.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu

My theory is that, aliens can survive without the needs that we have, thus meaning, there could be life on all of the planets, we just don't know yet. [...]

Show me an alien, and maybe we can test your theory. Otherwise, at this point, it seems that life needs all of the things found only on Earth, and only in the combination found on Earth. And in all the planets around all the suns in all the galaxies in the universe, there's never been the exact combination of elements and environments for a long enough time for life to have developed anywhere other than right here.

And you can calculate the odds from here to forever, and you'll still only be able to accurately say that as far as we know, life exists in exactly 1 out of every infinite number of planets.

Well show me an alien that does need to survive with the things necessary to our survival, we evolved getting used to the elements found on this planet, we adapted to everything on this planet. Thus meaning we need the elements found on this planet to survive, there are other planets that may have species that can survive without the need for oxygen, water, or any of the other necessary things needed for us to survive.

Also, this is something you and every scientist lack, to think outside the box, science is based upon theories, there is no way to accurately say anything science uncovers. There is no way to pin-point the exact date of an artifact, the machines are programmed by humans, who have only a limited view of what it is supposed to do. Machines do what we want them to do, they do not have a mind for themselfs thus meaning they cannot function on their own.

Carbon dating is an example, the machines that do this are programmed by humans, it tells us what we want it to. No matter which way you switch it, there is a possibility of life sustaining itself without the elements needed for us to thrive. There can be aliens out there that can survive without our oxygen, or water...

Also, a little over a century ago, maybe even less, we thought we were the center of the universe, there is no certainty that some aliens out there needs air or oxygen to survive. They could have evolved and adapted to their planet where they need no water, or air, and must find another way to survive. We just do not know that yet.

There could be life on Mercury (highly unlikely), jupiter, mars even, we haven't fully discovered some of the planets in our own solar system, so there could be alien life in our very solar system. Again I will say we do not know yet.

Pericle, there is a problem with your analogy, we haven't come face to face with an alien yet, so there is a 50% chance that there are aliens out there who do not need to breathe air, or drink water. There is no certainty that your analogy is right nor is there any certainty that my theory is correct.

Again I will say, we only think all life needs air, water, and such, to live because we need it, and we base our needs on all other things in the universe, we evolved and adapted to the planet. Also, science is based upon theory's, there is no solid base that science is founded upon.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Pericle, there is a problem with your analogy, we haven't come face to face with an alien yet, so there is a 50% chance that there are aliens out there who do not need to breathe air, or drink water.

You don't know what you're talking about. How do you get to a 50 percent number? What variables are you including? Please complete this math problem and be sure to show your work. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Pericle, there is a problem with your analogy, we haven't come face to face with an alien yet, so there is a 50% chance that there are aliens out there who do not need to breathe air, or drink water.

You don't know what you're talking about. How do you get to a 50 percent number? What variables are you including? Please complete this math problem and be sure to show your work. Thank you.

No, you don't know what I am talking about, and I did show my work, there is a 50% chance that some aliens or all aliens don't need air or water to survive and there is a 50% chance that they do need it.

top topics

join