It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America & The Israel-Lebanon Conflict

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
whats peoples views about how bush adminsitraion has agreed to supply humanitarian aid to lebanon whilst at the same time providing israel the bombs levelling it.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Perhaps there are tax-breaks on the aid sent to Lebanon as a 'charitable donation', whilst making a wad of $$$'s on the bombs and bullets sold to Israel???

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
lol, they might be making cash but its most likley that they are using the money we give them to buy weapons from us.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
First up, thanks for making a new thread for the haters to uleash thier anti USA agenda and pharm thier propaganda.

Secondly, where is the post that reads: "How come the Lebanses are allowing the Hezbollah terrorists to use them as human shields?""

But its a good question and I will answer it:

Lebanon is a country of peaceful people who are semi-occupied by Hezbollah. The Lebanese and Hezbollah cohabitate and work together towards common goals and have a symbiotic relationship. But just because the Lebanese have a good relationship with Hezbollah does not mean Hezbollah aren’t terrorists to other peoples and nations.

Don’t ever forget this FACT: Prior to 9/11 Hezbollah had killed more Americans than any other terrorist group in history.

What does all this mean? America’s ally the Israeli’s have decided to aggressively defend themselves against the terrorist organization Hezbollah. This is an American enemy as much as it is an Israeli enemy. It’s only natural that the USA would support Israel in this conflict, the very same reason the USA does not see an immediate ceasefire as being productive. To stop the assault prior to the complete destruction of Hezbollah will not be adequate.

Now why send humanitarian aid to Lebanon after sending weapons to Israel? Israel isn’t attacking Lebanon, just the terrorists that are using them as a home and human shields. It’s also the bed they made for themselves by harboring one of the most destructive terrorist organizations on the planet. Hey, let’s face it, Hezbollah helps the Lebanese people, they don’t see them as terrorists and that’s fine. But the world is sick of being on the receiving end of Hezbollah’s terrorism and Lebanon is where they are. But even though the Lebanese have embraced Hezbollah, they aren’t terrorists themselves and really need that help.

And of course the USA being the nation that it is, provides such help without question.

But all you haters will never see it that way. Hate is all you see and you only accept what fits your agenda.

Israel has “accepted” and allowed Hezbollah to attack and terrorize its people for years and years while hiding and operating in Lebanon. But Israel finally calls the last straw and reacts and the world says “not a proportionate response”, well I say BULL#@$T! They have been attacked by Hezbollah for years, this is not about a handful of soldiers, it’s about years of terror, and the kidnapped soldiers are just the final act that pushed Israel over the edge. I think Israel is MORE THAN justified in their response and I support them 100%. Yes, its unfortunate that some Lebanese people have and will continue to die, but they made that bed and they now need to sleep in it. That’s what happens when you are in bed with the devil…

[edit on 27-7-2006 by skippytjc]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Hey !, come on . We can't just let them starve. You can't have a long protracted war with people dying of hunger. We must make sure they survive so they can be gunned down later.!

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
First up, thanks for making a new thread for the haters to uleash thier anti USA agenda and pharm thier propaganda.

And of course the USA being the nation that it is, provides such help without question.

But all you haters will never see it that way. Hate is all you see and you only accept what fits your agenda.

hi thanks for your reply, but when you say 'you' is that directed at me? because i don't hate america!!

HATE is either 2 things,

1) jealousy 2) when somebody has done something to effect your life for the worse!!

. i'm not jealous of america, why would i be jealous? nobody does more for other overseas nations than britain so i'm not jealous in that department.

. as far, america hasn't influenced my life in a negative way so i don't hate america.

yes theres many things i 'dislike' about your country, i do think your government are the real life OCP from robocop in how it operates, but 'hate' is a totally different word.

the reason why i posted this subject, is because it's something that made me scratch my head (it didn't make sence) so i made a thread about it!!

theres others that i can think of in recent news like how the US is taking the UK's kindness for granted ie:- by using british territory for transporting arms to israel,

but theres a thread on that and i'll probably post my views on there later.

[edit on 27-7-2006 by st3ve_o]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   

. i'm not jealous of america, why would i be jealous? nobody does more for other overseas nations than britain so i'm not jealous in that department.

Can you explain this? I know that the UK gives a higher percentage of their GDP than the US towards aid, but that doesn't mean they do more than any other nation (or the US). The US is giving the most aid to Lebanon after Saudia Arabia...so I don't understand this.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 01:11 AM
link   

i find this amusing because America created Isreal. of course as an american you will use your dieing breathe to defend it. The response Isreal uses in thses times of desperation is equal to that of the american's. kill everything and anything in the designated killzone. the civilians? collateral damage, no?
well i'd like to see you put your family down there on the ground far beneath these Isreali americhoo!!! aeroplanes dropping thousands of pounds of what's that? phospherous?
war crime you say? oh really?
oh but hey you don't hate anyone so that makes you excempt from the rules of engagement your country established? or was it the U.N? why would the U.N. do that? because its inhuman to burn people with chemicals shot at them from the sky?
now it all makes sense!

you don't hate people. you don't kill people. you just make excuses for the people who do!!!

[edit on 28-7-2006 by spearhead]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I don't see any problem with the US supplying humanitarian aid for this conflict to help out Lebanon. As far as supplying arms to Israel, I think the US has been doing that for years.

As far as conflicts go, I believe there wouldn't be any if Hezbollah would free the soldiers they recently captured and stopped shooting rockets at Israel. On the other hand, they may have angered Israel so much that Israel won't settle for anything less than Hezbollah no longer in control of southern Lebanon. I see this as all Hezbollah's fault and probably Iran's as well. The main foreign topic I heard about used to be Iran's nuclear program so I don't know if Iran started this whole battle situation or not.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead

i find this amusing because America created Isreal. of course as an american you will use your dieing breathe to defend it.

perhaps this is the difference between americans and your countrymen?

The response Isreal uses in thses times of desperation is equal to that of the american's. kill everything and anything in the designated killzone.

should our response be less? we are only responding to the terrorist actions of these few.

well i'd like to see you put your family down there on the ground

I got news for you buddy it is our families on the ground over there. they are the ones in the uniforms.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

I think you are the one making propaganda, I wonder how much you get payed

Secondly, where is the post that reads: "How come the Lebanses are allowing the Hezbollah terrorists to use them as human shields?""

Because the majority is pro hesbolah, isnt that clear to you already?

Lebanon is a country of peaceful people who are semi-occupied by Hezbollah.

No not quite, hesbolah is a national movement, they were invented in lebanon
how can you occupie your own land? you can occupie a land from coming from another place like another country.

The Lebanese and Hezbollah cohabitate and work together towards common goals and have a symbiotic relationship.

This is the first quote made by you that makes sence.

But just because the Lebanese have a good relationship with Hezbollah does not mean Hezbollah aren’t terrorists to other peoples and nations.

Not realy, alot of people and many nations see them as a resistance force, and as a guerlila resistance, you dont see at present time hesbolah forces straped on with explosive do you?, no they have amo, they have guns and their on the war front , fighting as a army.
Paramiltary groups , and resistance forces are not terrorists, hesbolah and hamas are 2 diferent things, while I do sustain that hamas is a terrorist force I can not say the same for hesbolah,in fact hesbolah hates alquaida and do not agree with their ways, really hesbolah is a resistance force.

Don’t ever forget this FACT: Prior to 9/11 Hezbollah had killed more Americans than any other terrorist group in history.

we are talking about the present, do you want me to show you israely terrorists in the past? fighting against the british forces, hey japan kamikaze were also terrorists, but guess what things change, hesbolah is not realy a terrorist organisation any more, at the current time their fighting square with israel on the battle field.

I just hope the USA does not get draged in to this, it's ashame that for an idiot at the white house the whole country and it's people recives a bad view.

Hmmm , here back at you, I hate the white house not united states,I love american culture , music , art, it's people, it's a fantastic nation, but there are a bunch of idiots at the white house ruining it's view.

Yes, its unfortunate that some Lebanese people have and will continue to die, but they made that bed and they now need to sleep in it. That’s what happens when you are in bed with the devil…

Yes it is, 400 dead, over 1000 injured, and almost a milion with out homes and this just in 2 weeks.
They said it will last over a month more which means, 1200 dead, 3000 injured, and probaly milon of people with out homes.
I salute israel for it's pathetic action.
You know the secretary general of the UN is already pissed off at israel,I would like to see the UN kicking some israely but, the only goverment backing this up is the US goverment, you should wach the news from stations around europe, news stations acusing israel, the only preson at the time backing israel up is mister bush.

[edit on 28-7-2006 by pepsi78]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 04:58 AM
link   

You have voted pepsi78 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month

nicely said

on my view
with overwelming support from the US population (mainly companies that stand to gain alot) the bush admin play two strings at the same time

one side they show their support for isreal keeping their chum happy and the companies that build these weapons and of course keeping people like skippy happy

and second they aid to show they care for what their weapons do (i think :lol

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by st3ve_o
whats peoples views about how bush adminsitraion has agreed to supply humanitarian aid to lebanon whilst at the same time providing israel the bombs levelling it.

It's easy really:

US People's money --> Lebanon (good PR)
US People's money --> IDF --> US Weapons Manufacturers (good for their bottom line)

It's OK because IS People's money is still being funneled to the Weapons Manufacturers and they're getting good PR to boot. Win-Win situation.

Ever wonder who's involved with the Weapons Manufacturers?

Cheers

JS

new topics

top topics

join