Biased Media????

page: 1

join

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I'm starting this thread on here because its a general subject, but I'm sure the mods will decide where it goes eventually....

Fox News, The BBC, Reuters, Al-Jazzera, CNN, Sky News....even ATSNN there are dozens of media outlets on TV and on the Web out there that we all get our info from.

But are they reporting the news, making it or shaping opinions to their own bias or that which they are instructed to by their governments?

I see alot of European people on ATS (myself included) slate Fox. I've watched it on satellite and to be honest its so right wing it drives me nuts.

BUT... I see alot of US posters slate the BBC, Reuters and Sky

Somewhere in the middle of it all is the truth

Lets take the personal slant out of this and see what we can come up with. Drop what you think you know, and deal with the facts. Lets see some equivalent stories from, say Fox and the BBC, posted side by side. Sure, give some opinions on the content but mostly analyse the difference.

Please, can the personal rhetoric. Lets stick with what the outlets have reported.

You could call it ATS Media Watch even.

(Apologies if this has been done already!!)

I'm not going to start this off BTW - mostly because I've declared a bias against one channel - there are better minds than mine who can set the ball rolling I'm sure......

new topics

join