It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Knows what I'm seeing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Shadow People.. Need an explanation

I never really paid much attention to discussions about shadow people.. Not that I don’t believe in them I just never gave it much thought, until now. The last year or so I have been seeing things out of the corner of my eyes or just catching a glimpse of what appears to be dark figures moving swiftly by. Here are several examples of my experiences.. I was out mowing the front yard early this year, just a regular sunny day nothing unusual going on. All of a sudden I saw someone or something run passed me. I turned my head but the dark figure disappeared around the side of the garage. Of course I thought I was seeing things and said to myself what the hell was that. I dismissed the idea of it being a person and went on to finish the lawn. The next time I was sitting in the family room watching television and the same thing happened I saw a dark figure out of the corner of my eye. The figure went swiftly by me through the eat in kitchen and disappeared. My most recent experience happened yesterday afternoon. I was sitting in my garage/ office working on my hobby junk and once again I saw the dark figure move across in front of the garage opening, of course it was gone in a flash. Each experience I have had, has been in well lit situations, no dark rooms or cloudy skies. Whatever it is, it seems to be interested in what I’m doing . I’m not afraid of the thing just want to know if this is the way shadow people act and can I do something to get a response from the thing. Any ideas would be welcome.

OceanExplorer

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   
hmm i normally see stuff in the corner of my eye when there is an open door behind me,
btw there are a couple of threads with shadow ppl stuf in em hanging about

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 12:54 AM
link   
heres a link on shadow people
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Well, the same thing has been happening to me for the past couple years. I’m wondering… are you or have you been stressed? Is there usually a lot running through your mind on a regular basis? Have you been feeling angry or sad because of anything? The reason why I ask this is because I’m thinking there may be some relation between higher than normal levels of stress and “seeing” artifacts out the corner of your eye.

I don’t say this to be skeptical, because when I first heard of such a thing (before it started happening to me), a friend said they were demons and “you” (you – generally speaking) are possessed by one. Though I do not feel that full-on demonic possession is impossible, I think if anything it would be like an influence… Let’s face it, we’re tempted every day and we fight spirits, notions, desires, feelings (spirit - what I think is the literal form of a demon) trying to do right for the most part. We may be on a physical plane for no more than 100 years give or take 1 or 2 lucky people, but after we pass, it’s all spiritual.

Lastly, I’ll say that the more you open the doors of beliefs in these paranormal things, you become more susceptible to paranormal experiences, “self-conjured” or genuine. I used to see these things with healthy frequency, but the mind is a powerful thing and your conscience can be taken hostage by your secret fears (that you don’t even like to admit to yourself) and imagination, when I realized this – “this” meaning that everything in this intricately calculated plane of existence is logical and is subject to cause and effect – , it all stopped…

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
My wife who is very gifted in things like this says to ignore it and not give it any attention. It wants to feed off of you, don't be afraid it is not as bad as it sounds. Just ignore it don't give it any attention. Easier said than done I know, good luck.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I have had experience with seeing these types of movements and figures out of the corner of my eye as well.They seem to come and go sometimes you can go for years and not see them again.Not sure what they are but as one other poster said try not to give them too much notice if you can, it helps to make you feel more in controll of things as well.

I have found that they seem to show up more often in your pheriferal vision when you are thinking about the paranormal or in practice of PSI type activities..like RV or astral travel, sometimes these things come back with you from the astral.

P

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Every scince I was 3 years old. I got A trick that helped me see better. If you can unfocus your eyes and stare into a room that is black, pitch black. Make sure outside the room is really bright. Just stare for a while and you will see something. Not sure what they are but you can ....well i can clearly see what looks like the outlines of people moving in and out of the room. Sometimes they stop and look at me..

No i'm not crazy, I pay attention.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Shadow people don't exist.

I can also see shadowy figures in my eyes, moving in any directions in any unexpected manner and at any time. However, I was aware of these shadowy things seemingly they are related to the movement or focusing of my eyes, perhaps they are only tearflow inside or anything else, harmless.

Definitely not living people or ghosts in front of my eyes ready to eat me or whatever.

Why do people fear of shadowguys or ghosts? Because they have something else to fear of. Simply explaining away the real thing to be freaked of. Their own self I guess.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   
In all the billions of solar systems in billions of galaxies in our known universe alone.You can bet your life there will be a life form somewhere that takes it,s nourishment from fear/emotion. So to think there is not one close to us in another dimension is simple denying mathematically overwhelming odds

Simple to defeat..Just accept the presence without fear and it will lose it,s hold over you..

Mom used to be terrified of an old ghost in our house..It used to open the bottom door of the staircase and walk up the stairs..Not in a threatening matter like stamping it,s way up.Just matter of factly.I often thought it was her making her way to bed sometimes but no-one ever appeared in the landing at the top.

She got priests in to bless the house,They wouldn.t perform an ''exorcism'' as they did not believe in it..

After a while with no harm coming to anyone it just got ignored,sometimes I used to tell it to shush.
I was only 6 at the time,and it ceased to visit..Simple as that.

join