It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Tour de France winner tests positive for doping

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
source

I was thinking something was up when he recovered like that after stage 16 where he bonked. Can't anyone compete clean anymore?

LONDON (AP) -- Tour de France champion Floyd Landis tested positive for high levels of testosterone during the race, his Phonak team said Thursday on its Web site.

The statement came a day after the UCI, cycling's world governing body, said an unidentified rider had failed a drug test during the Tour.

And the statement came just four days after Landis stood on the victory podium on the Champs-Elysees, succeeding seven-time winner Lance Armstrong as an American winner in Paris.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I think you are jumping to conclusions.

Remember the French are jealous people. Remember how they were out to get Lance Armstrong. He retired...now another American wins the Tour de France. The French have got to be kicking themselves.

Landis is claiming to naturally high levels of testosterone, and until proven otherwise, I view the allegations as French jealousy.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
He's american thus he has huge balls. The only reson Lance didnt get noticed is because he only had one

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 05:18 AM
link   
His B test just came is as positive also. Landis could have his win stripped from him as he well should if he is a doper.

source

PARIS, France (AP) -- Tour de France champion Floyd Landis' backup urine sample confirmed high levels of testosterone, cycling's governing body said Saturday, raising the prospect that he could lose his title.

Following the results of the "B" sample, Landis was fired by his Swiss team, Phonak. He also faces a two-year ban from USA Cycling, which is responsible for sanctions against the American rider.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 07:45 AM
link   
At first I was giving him the benefit of the doubt, but it is looking bad.

If he is banned for 2 years, it will set an example, so all in all it might be a good thing.

My advice to Landis is to stay clean, train hard, and lets see you back in 2 years!

new topics

top topics

join