It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hezbollah hits Israeli chemical plant.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Breaking news that Hezbollah rockets have hit an Israeli chemical plant in Kiryat Shemona. Not a lot on the news sites at the moment, hopefully not as nasty as it sounds.

News source: Chem plant hit

By the looks of the fire crews on the scene, who are'nt all wearing protective clothing, it would appear that this could just be a factory that has been hit and the chemicals are your everyday industrial types.

CX.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   
it was a soap and detergent plant. it seems relativly harmelss but the fact is that many ingredients used in the manufacturing process are very slow to biodegrade and can cause serious health and enviornmental problems...

for example:

Alkyl phenoxy polyethoxy ethanols
Diethanolamines
Alkyl benzene sulfonates
Petroleum distillates
Phosphates
Polycarboxylates
Polyethylene glycol
Quaternium 15

Detergent Chemicals Link

[edit on 27-7-2006 by bokinsmowl]

[edit on 27-7-2006 by bokinsmowl]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Yeah, the "poking-out" or "smoting" of the Israeli C&C "eyes" project Apollo wasn't covered by MSM either... lots of Israeli stuff getting whacked (Dian would never have allowed that), a pittance compared to the damage caused by Israeli "defences" to civilian populations and infrastructure. The MSM is so co-opted I now view "news" as "commercials" and discount most of what I see and all the scripted copy they choose to read. Outlaws on every side and all the white knights are bloodied-of-hands. No good can come from continued aggression, violence and death toward civilian populations.

Lotsa shame for all!

Victor K.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I guess it means nothing at all that Israelis are targeting dangerous areas?

BEIRUT, Lebanon -- Israeli warplanes renewed attacks on Lebanon early Saturday, targeting bridges and fuel storage tanks and gas stations in the east and south, security officials said.

www.newsmax.com...

fuel storage tanks?? wow they would go off big time, eh?

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Notice how when Hezbollah hits a chemical plant or a hospital, its all over da news, but when israel hits Gas stations or hospitals there is not a big deal made out of it, Double standards if ya ask me....

Stragetic Target both sides will claim blah blah blah blah

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I don't know what any of you guys are talking about.

When the israelis hit something, I see footage all over the news of the smoke and fire from it, and there are constant reports of airports, 10 story buildings, fuel depots, bridges, roads, UN posts, etc being hit by the isrealis.

There isn't as much 'exciting' footage from lebanon because very little media is within lebanon, its too dangerous.

As far as the title being misleading, the complex hit was a chemical plant. It didn't produce chemical weapons, but thats not what all chemical plants do.

I don' think anyone is trying to say anything in noting its a plant that was hit, they are simply reporting on it.

As far as it being a strategic target, Hezbollah doesn't have the ability to designate and hit targets. Their rockets are pointed in the general direction of a broad area within Isreal, then fired. They screech into the air and fall when they run out of fuel, and then explode. They fired nearly 120 rockets as reported earlier today, and ther wasn't a single casualty, thats becuase these things are landing in fields and forests as much as within city limits, let alone on the specific places where people are. There was even one strip of israeli land that projects into Lebanon, but is very long and narrow. Hezbollah hasn't even tried hitting it with rockets, becuase they can't risk, with their extremely inaccurate systems, hitting the lebanese territory surrounding it. Thats how inaccurate these things are. It was pure luck that it happened to hit this industrial plant.

[edit on 27-7-2006 by Nygdan]

CX

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Fair enough this appears to have ended up not quite as dramatic as some here would like, something i actualy find quite worrying i must say, however i just wanted to report on what i saw as breaking news on the tv.

As Nygdan pointed out, a chemical plant WAS hit as i said in my title, and one of the reasons i posted it was'nt in the hope that it may be chem weapon related, but because a hit on a chemical plant can cause major negative effects on the surrounding environment....so this could of been HUGE news. Luckily it appears that it was'nt in this case.

One of the reasons i like ATS is that you can usualy get the news here first, as members post as soon as they see events unfold on the tv or wherever they live. Whether or not those events turn out to be huge or truely accurate or not remains to be seen as time goes on, but the fact that info is here as it unfolds is a great thing i think.

I try my best not to post misleading threads as i know how infuriating they make me. If anyone reads other things into accurate titles maybe you need to look at how thier own minds works?

CX.

top topics

join