It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Gen. Michael Hayden still in uniform?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I thought he agreed to resign his commission once congress approved him as the new head of the CIA. I saw him on TV yesterday and he was still wearing his uniform. Has his resignation gone by-the-by? I'm pretty pro-military but totally uncomfortable with a General running a civilian agency, what's up with this? I know it takes a while once you have "dropped your paperwork" but you figure he would get pushed through, if only for appearances.

I think this thread goes here, apologies if I put it in the wrong place.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
?

He can't wear the uniform even in retirement? Or there isn't some sort of 'retirement' uniform, on that notes he is inactive?

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
There is no retirement uniform. General Hayden, if retired would never wear his uniform to work regardless if it was a federal job or not. Besides if the whole point of retiring was to alleviate the whole military in charge of a civilian agency issue wouldn't wearing a uniform defeat the purpose of retirement? It seems that he was approved by congress and then just didn't retire. Is he waiting for someone to notice, or did I miss a bunch of senators telling him not to bother?
Just kind of wierd.

new topics

join