It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(DOC) Stargate: The True Story. PART 3

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Ohmygawd.

This place is amazing.

It's like daylight, afternoon sun.

Look at that. Those are mirrors - bouncing the light, like in a pyramid.

No, that's quartz. Not mirrors.

Ooohhh. A stone forest, reflected and inverted. Stalagmites and stalagtites, whichever's which. Cool.

Eww. You're an EMO. I didn't notice in the tunnel. Move your hand. Please.

Is that a pool?

Yo Martin. How many this time?

Seventeen.

Are they awake?

No.

Brilliant. Angel just rescued eleven of our brightest and finest. PhD's, every one. They all think the plagues and earthquakes are natural events - and that people disappear because of the wars, or the geophysical and biological upheavals, or climate change. God help us.

Yeah. I know. But some of mine are almost ready.

Remind me again that this is worth doing, will ya?

It's what we trained for.

True, but this lot is cattle, bred to the bone.

Don't worry. They'll revert.

Yeah? By what power?

Need, my friend. Necessity. You know that.

So what do we do? Create a greater need? Invite the celestial leeches to storm the keep?

Let them eat, and sleep. They'll wake with new understanding.

Your faith is nothing short of astounding. Forgive me if I think it's misplaced.

It's not faith. The ancients speak in this place. And sleeping minds hear better.

Hey Luke. We need someone to make a run to Level 2. Elena has a group of ten.

More cattle? I can't do it.

You picked a helluva time for a personal crisis.

I'll go. Let him sleep. He's just worn out.

Excuse me. I hold degrees in molecular biology and engineering. I couldn't help but notice that this - biosphere, if you will - is built with cutting edge biotechnology. I'd like to speak with the designers, if I may. Or perhaps the environment manager?

There isn't any environment manager. This biosphere is self-maintaining and has been for the past 150,000 years. The designers are dead.

Impossible.

Jeez. Ya see what I mean? A working, healthy, and self-maintaining natural biosphere is impossible. Right.

Were you never told that biotech tries to copy natural processes? And does it badly?

I'm sorry. Forgive my friends. We all are tired and testy. But they're right. There is no environment manager and the designers are dead.

Then please. I'd like to speak with the person in charge here.

What do you have to offer?

I am educated. Very well. I have degrees in molecular biology, genetics, physics and engineering. I am still young, and have significant personal wealth.

But what can you do? How can you help?

What do you think needs to be done? That you can do?

I don't mean to be insulting, but I would prefer to have this discussion at a higher level. With the person in charge.

Hey Marg. Do you still do that lecture on hierarchy, democracy and anarchy?

No. Introduce him to Noam. They can talk about synergy and do the math together.

Didn't you hear your page?

No. What's happening?

The leeches sent a battalion of US mercs into the Caucasus.

So? They won't get near anything or anyone. They'll get lost, starve and die. What's the problem?

The Shah wants us to explain the facts of life to the mercs. He wants them educated.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I like the subtle dreadfulness of your story telling. The last line is a perfect example.

Your concept of going underground makes me think of conjecturing I had done once upon a time about the Anasazi, why they vanished, why the holes they made in the ground were where they worshiped, the cliff dwellings that can't be seen from the sky, and ultimately their dissappearance. And then there is the gold that the Indians in Central and South America mined, and their unusual architecture. Perhaps that also fits in with your fictional universe.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by hogtie
I like the subtle dreadfulness of your story telling.

Thanks hogtie. ...I think.

Your concept of going underground makes me think of conjecturing I had done once upon a time about the Anasazi, ... And then there is the gold that the Indians in Central and South America mined, and their unusual architecture. Perhaps that also fits in with your fictional universe.

The "underground" and underground civilizations play a big role in a lot of mythologies. This fictional universe just might not be so ...fictional.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by hogtie
I like the subtle dreadfulness of your story telling.

Thanks hogtie. ...I think.

Your concept of going underground makes me think of conjecturing I had done once upon a time about the Anasazi, ... And then there is the gold that the Indians in Central and South America mined, and their unusual architecture. Perhaps that also fits in with your fictional universe.

The "underground" and underground civilizations play a big role in a lot of mythologies. This fictional universe just might not be so ...fictional.

PS. What did you think of the other 'chapters'?

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

PS. What did you think of the other 'chapters'?

I meant this as a summary for all three, but I think chp 1 was most ominous. And I did mean dreadful as in the mood.
I'm just imagining the horrible things that must have taken place to drive people "underground".

top topics

join