It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: World Doesn't Respect Bush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
www.cbsnews.com... ml

Imagine the shock.

Well, i know you expect it of me, so here's a poll.

(CBS) Americans generally approve of President Bush's handling of the current Mideast crisis, according to a CBS News/New York Times poll, but six in 10 say the president is not respected by foreign leaders.

The poll finds Americans are pessimistic about the prospects for Mideast peace and do not think the United States should involve itself in the fighting between Israel and Hezbollah.

More than 60 percent think the conflict will lead to a larger war in the region, and a similar number doubt Israel and the Arab states will ever be able to live in peace.

We DO live in this world together- so its worth to post. This is how the world, the ENTIRE world sees us. It should tell us something, imo.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Cowboy diplomacy and the "Bush Doctrine" have become catastrophic failures. His administration's incompetence would be funny, if Bush, and the people who control him, didn't cause so many needless deaths.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
A poll on how Americans "think" about how world leaders "think"???

That is too funny!

But, hey it makes Bush look bad!!!! FRONT PAGE!!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
A poll on how Americans "think" about how world leaders "think"???

That is too funny!

But, hey it makes Bush look bad!!!! FRONT PAGE!!!!

Indeed, sorry Dg but I think you may be spinning the facts a little to much in this case. I do think the world sees him as a fool, and I would bet world leaders think little of him, but that is not what that poll suggest as it is like the poster above said, a poll on how Americans think the world thinks.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I got the title from the website- It does appear kind of confusing.

Americans think the world doesnt respect Bush? Either way its correct.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I live in New Zealand and I have never met a Bush supporter in person perhaps they are yet to come out of the closet.

I think that most people have worked out that globally Bush is very unpopular mind you have to bear in mind that only Americans vote in presidential elections. Bush is globally unpopular because his admin dumb down and failed to commicate the ideas behind going into Iraq that and sheer incomptance that has lead to the current mess in Iraq.

[edit on 28-7-2006 by xpert11]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
America is always unpopular until another country needs something.........then the USA is the greatest country in the world.......

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
America is always unpopular until another country needs something

such as?....their country invading?....their democratically elected government replaced by a puppet one?....their infrastructure ruined?.....civil war?

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Geek,

The theme is "Bush doesnt get any respect"- It is Bush and not our nation as a whole that is to be blamed for the latest rash of invasions.
If you think our president was legally voted in, and the people are to blame, that's not quite right either.

top topics

join