It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question: Where were the Israeli soldier captured??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Was it on the border? In Lebanese territory? Or Israeli territory?

I would like to know where you guys think they were caught. Baed onwhat I've read they were captured in a Lebanese town called Aita al-Shaab.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
According to Haaretz, which is a publication I trust and seems to be fair, they claim that the soldiers were captured between Moshav Zarit and Moshav Shtula (Definitly israeli territory) which is close to Aita al-Shaab which is part of Sheba farms.

Pie

Haaretz article

[edit on 26-7-2006 by ThePieMaN]

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Well then the news media is really divided what this is concerned.

Forbes article

other news link

[edit on 26-7-2006 by TheBandit795]

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
From what I've now gathered in actively pursuing this line of questioning, Hezbollah fired on an Israeli border post. Israeli troops crossed into Lebanon to pursue the guerillas and were captured inside Lebanon close to Aita al-Shaab.

I wrote about it in this thread not long after this whole mess began.

Israeli soldiers were captured INSIDE Lebanon.

To me, it changes the whole dynamic of Israel's attempts to justify this Lebanese campaign. For starters, Israel crossed into Lebanon. Hezbollah didnt cross into Israel, they fired mortars and machine guns across into Israel. So the whole Hezbollah crossed into Israeli territory as an act of war is false.

Secondly, Israel has routinely fired into Lebanon with extrajudicial killings and assassinations. So to claim Hezbollah doing the same to Israel as an act of war is seriously disingenuous at best and complete hypocrisy at worst.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Oh, thanks, Subz.. I will close this thread.

new topics

top topics

join