It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Have Been Post Banned...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
congratulations!! you've figured it all out!!! first one this month too

AboveTopSecret.com is a Government COINTELPRO Disinformation Operation

btw
ABOUT ATS: Warnings for excessive quoting, and how to quote

[edit on 9-11-2006 by worldwatcher]

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Sheesh, post bans have been around for years.... here we are trying to make everything clear to members to avoid any anger or confusion, and we get yet another ATS is a police state trying to shove disinfo down our throats.

If you don't like it here, go somewhere else. Simple as that.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Fact Number 1: Moderator Discretion Is Respected On ATS

Originally posted by pepsi78
Posiblity number 1

You forgot to mention in what case you get post baned exactly, what will that be, bad languege, posting excesive on one post, not quoting correctly?

Moderators are given a post ban skittle and the discretion to use it.

We encourage mods to use diplomacy wherever feasible, and there are guidelines for handling various issues, but when any moderator decides that a member needs a "time out", that option is available.

Only senior staff members can lift post bans, and if we disagree with a post ban, we will lift it, advise those involved accordingly and take any corrective steps necessary.

As Simon pointed out, this is not a new policy.

However, I have been advocating the more proactive use of post bans in cases where members might otherwise pile up warnings or other negative consequences, and use them to stop problem behavior before permanent bans become necessary.

The goal is to help members avoid serious problems with a minimum of disruption, drama and fanfare, and for that, post bans are a valuable tool.

Fact Number 2: Participation On ATS Is Voluntary

Originally posted by pepsi78
Posibility number 2
You are a govermental site and you want to balance the number of users conspiracyVS official story suporters.
Since post ban only involves just ban posting, we could work like the worker's union and go on stike, how is that
, there is no rule to prevent us from doing that

Members are free to come and go as they please.

Organized disruption, however, is prohibited by the T&C:

Originally posted by SimonGray
2d.) Forum Gangs: You will not engaged in an organized collaboration with other members to disrupt thread topics or interrupt the flow of normal collaborative discussion.

Efforts focused in this direction will be opposed.

As for the other "possibilities" you mentioned ("Government!" "Money!") they have literally been beaten to death in other threads -- which you are welcome to review and contribute to (see the link WW provided above for more on that) -- but I ask that in this thread we focus instead on questions and comments regarding post bans.

[edit on 9/11/2006 by Majic]

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I have a question.

Does ATS use "quiet" ban, where you don't warn, send U2U or e-mail, does not change a member's status, but just disable a member's account?

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by yanchek
I have a question.

Does ATS use "quiet" ban, where you don't warn, send U2U or e-mail, does not change a member's status, but just disable a member's account?

I don't know exactly what you asking for. There exist a post ban, a u2u ban (which prevent you from sending u2u, I think), a post/u2u ban, and a Board Ban, which mean that instead of -->

e.g.
Member Name
Writer

Member Name
Banned Member

shows up in your mini-profile. If you banned like this example above, you can't visit the boards anymore...I think this would work with a IP-Ban too.

Does this help you?

[edit on 12-9-2006 by dacruz]

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dacruz

Does this help you?

Informative but not satisfactory.

Couple months ago an ATS member (nukunuku) had an argument with one of 3 amigos and the next day his account was disabeled (he couldn't log in).

- no warn
- mo U2U
- no e-mail
- no change of status (banned member)

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
yanchek, If your question is based on one specific member &/or situation I would recommend you use the Complain button. This will create a thread in a Staff only forum and will have the proper eyes view it.

Only the staff could answer this question, and they much rather issues like this be dealt with behind closed doors.

Works better for you aswell because you can get a reply much quicker, that is if one is available. The staff here are always open to questions, so unless there are some unforeseen circumstances you should have no trouble resolving this.

nukunuku: This is his profile page. He does not appear to be a Banned Member, so it is possible that he is still able to access the board.

I remember awhile back there was a mix up with member accounts, and alot of passwords were tossed around. I myself had some problems signing into my account, but after awhile this problem passed and was corrected by the staff. This could be a solution to what had happened.

[edit on 14-9-2006 by chissler]

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by yanchek
Informative but not satisfactory.

Couple months ago an ATS member (nukunuku) had an argument with one of 3 amigos and the next day his account was disabeled (he couldn't log in).

It will have to do.

Why? Because we don't talk about other people's issues or accounts in public.

When someone is banned, they are banned and their account reflects that. I have received emails from people having login issues AND we also had an issue a while back where a whole slew of members couldn't log in.

In short, there might be quite a few valid reasons for the problem. I suggest the member contacts ATS Admin through the Contact link on the main page.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
How long does a typical PB last? Or is it case by case?

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
How long does a typical PB last?

Typically, 72 hours.

Or is it case by case?

Good question. The answer being that virtually all cases involving administrative action are handled on an individual basis.

Hope this helps to clear the air regarding such.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
This is completely off topic... Please don't post ban me. But, I just have to let WestPoint know that if he EVER changes that avatar I just may go postal.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
A while back, I was post banned and docked 1k points.

The OP stated that points weren't deducted.
I disagree.

Before it's asked, I can't remember the mod that PB'ed me.

Anyway, no biggie.

Lex

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Whoever bumped this thread..THANKS for the heart attack.
See above post.
GEEEEZ!

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
You say relax and take a deep breath.....but no one notifies you the length of said ban and never communicates it further. I was "warned" for no reason what so ever, at least that I can see. In the Norway Spiral Thread, I just pointed out the facts and asked the poster to reread the OP. And I was warned of attacking the poster?
Sometimes you Mods need to be the ones to relax and take a deep breath, read and reread the post your questioning. At times, I have a feeling your emotions may get in the way of your decisions. And not discussing the person banned in public....please, I have personally have witnessed many of the Mods doing so, even the SkepticOverlord is guilty of this one.
It is your site, and you make the rules.....but sometimes you need to stand back and ask yourself if your doing the right thing.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

OMG They banned jsobecky! This was a very respected poster.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I have been post banned before. Even told it would be lifted.

It never was. This is a new ID for me. And, I have never even gotten an answer back.

Yup. I was told it was no big deal, and it was temporary. Then, they just never did anything with it again. So, I had to start over.

And, I had a LOT of threads/postings under my previous ID. And, a LOT of you people LIKED what I posted.

It's disrespectful, rude and biased. Especially when I see some of the PURE HATRED that this site allows to be thrown around here.

Lot's of negativity is encouraged here. I guess my negativity just wasn't the "right kind".

I am not stating that some of us are more important than others. But, there are differences between threads that are just being "shot from the hip" without much effort or thought, and a thread where somebody has actually put some work into fact-finding, providing images, links, etc.

And, after a person provides this level of information, interest and pride to a community of ANY type, I just do not think it is right to simply censor and rebuke them, ...

...but, keep their work.

Especially on a site that boasts having the "open mind" market cornered, allowing all ideas and perspectives, etc.

I have been a member for a VERY long time.

Hey Springer... I used to LOVE this site. I really did.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

OMG They banned jsobecky! This was a very respected poster.

Over 13,000 posts and one day just decided to go off the deep end????

The poster was a legend!

[edit on 20-12-2009 by Carseller4]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Yup, I've been banned once, think it was a short time after I signed up
and was seriously thinking of quiting right after, glad I didn't.
But for the most part I've learned to curb my temper slightly
and I'm finally starting to build up some points. But all in all, I enjoy the sight, keep up the great work guys.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I got a post ban for making a link to a youtube video. The link sad Watch the swine flu vaccine is mandatory!, or something along those lines. The video was a rick roll. That really shows you what happens when your bored.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
The target of my ire is a very specific set of unacceptable behaviors, and I'm not messing around.

I will see them gone.

Sigh - if only that set of specific behaviors included anti-semitism, this would be a much better site.

There's a comment that I just saw in a thread about Israeli organ harvesting which states "Jews only want $$$$$$$$".

Let's see if that stands...................

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join