It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky Pilot Crashes While Pursuing UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Just over 58 years ago, a Kentucky National Guard pilot crashed his plane and died while pursuing a UFO.

It was a story that made headlines and one that's still talked about today. But the question remains, what was Captain Thomas Mantell chasing that day?

A 1956 documentary on UFO's detailed the Mantell case, which occurred in January of 1948. It happened just months after another celebrated incident in Roswell, New Mexico, where a UFO had reportedly crashed in the summer of 1947.

Newswatch spoke with the man who was the commander of the Kentucky Air National Guard when the Mantell case occurred and a former Chief of Staff with the Guard to get their takes on what happened. Newswatch also talked with a UFO researcher. And as you might guess, we got two different opinions.

Francis Ridge, UFO researcher, says, "It is a classic to this day." Read More

That was reported back in may now here are some links to the follow up..

July 14, 2006
July 26, 2006

Im about 17 miles from where this happen and I have never heard about this.. Crazy

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I doubt he would risk his life chasing a balloon. It must of been something startling.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
There's a thread here about it
www.abovetopsecret.com...
And there may be others.
The chasing Venus theory doesn't hold water. The preponderance of evidence points to the Skyhook. Plus he flew too high without oxygen.
This one remains a classic cause we'll never know the whole truth.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
That's very interesting, and I also very much doubt that he would risk his life chasing a balloon, it was most likelye a UFO for sure.

top topics

join