It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Encounter with a Red Fire ball

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
so i just found this website and wanted to share one of my stories. last summer i was spending the night with my friend megan(we are 17 ) , and it was a little after midnight on a hot july night in colorado. We were just about to go to bed and megan was shutting the blinds when we saw it . It was a big red fire ball . it moved pretty slowly across the sky horizontallly sort of like it was hovering it was about as low as a helicopter . i would say it was like 2 blocks away from us. We saw for prolly 45 seconds until it disappeared. It was nothing like wed ever seen before and we were pretty freaked out. to this day we still wonder what it was.... so has anyone else had an encounter with one of these fire balls??

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I am not sure what you have seen, since there are no picture's of teh incident, it is very hard to say. There has been on the other hand alot of "Redish-Orange" glowing UFO's seen throughout the past. If you google with the image's button with the word UFO and look through them you may be able to find something similar to what you had seen , then you can post it under "Edit" of your thread. That way we as the viewer's have a comparison to the event you speak of....

Here is a picture that was taken by SOHO satellite that is orbiting our sun, it was a thread topic and I really liked the picture for what it was and saved it. There are also pic's of Comet's and Meteor's to compare the different structure variation's that I created, when this pic. was posted, it was a heated debate of it's "Validity" and I helped the OP that create dthe thread. Nice picture though.
If you take this picture to paint and magnify, you can clearly see the outline that has been put in to get refferance's to the style of the object.."Enjoy"

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I have also seen something very similar. A ball of fire, approximately 2 - 3 feet in diameter hovering about 15 feet above a house at night in surburbia. We drove past it slowly and it made its way over the road also slowly. Kinda freaky if you ask me.

Peace,
- Naz

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 02:41 AM
link   
interesting

I've seen this last summer at florida. While driving with the family, we all saw a red fireball which travelled horizontally for a half a mile then it faded out. It must have been 50-100 feet in the air and it travelled faster than our car in minimal traffic. I estimate going 30-40 miles an hour.

As a skeptic and a believer, I'm inclined to think that what I saw was a flare. as a believer, I also thought, "why is a flare flying horizontally?"

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
yes these fireballs seem like commonplace

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 05:15 AM
link   
its probably a flying saucer inside a ball of glowing gas piloted by little aliens. Either that or a military version that has been reversed engineered and is piloted by humans.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
THat's an interesting story. I've never seen anything like it. Maybe I will get lucky some day and see one.

For those of you who have seen these, what was the weather like on that night?

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoterrestrial
THat's an interesting story. I've never seen anything like it. Maybe I will get lucky some day and see one.

It was a clear night for the family and I.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   
What you have seen may have just been a lightning orb or "ball lightning."

They are known to occur on both clear and rainy days. They also are slow moving and can even pass through glass windows.

Here is a link:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I know exactly what you are talking about, the year we saw the huge triangular ship, for about three weeks before that when I would go outside I would see about 12-20 depending on the evening just cruising around the mountains, they were far enough away that to me they were about the size of a fireball (candy) and they would travel very slowly and then all of a sudden would just dart off so quickly they would just disappear in seconds. It was 1990 and I did not know anyone that had a video camera and though I would tell neighbors to be sure and look out in the evening but no one did or would admit they did. I would see it because I would sit outside every evening because the house was just so hot I was miserable.

Anyway keep your eyes peeled the big one might show up, in our case we saw three large ones in one evening, many people saw them.

[edit on 31-7-2006 by goose]

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoterrestrial

I remember the night as clear. What got me was how the ball of fire travelled slowly from above the house and over the road. Parallel to the road (horizontal as one poster said I guess
. I'm not sure what happened to it as I may of turned my head and looked back then it wasn't there. Strange... both my sisters and a japanese exchange student saw it. My parents were in the front seat, don't think they saw. I put it down to ball lightning.

Take care,
- Naz

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
What you have seen may have just been a lightning orb or "ball lightning."

They are known to occur on both clear and rainy days. They also are slow moving and can even pass through glass windows.

Here is a link:

en.wikipedia.org...

Interesting! thanks for the info

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 04:50 AM
link   
You're welcome.

Ball lightning has some amazing properties to it. The description Aleister Crowley gave after seeing one, amazed me. It's on the wiki page, but here it is for anyone who didn't read it yet:

"Noticed, with what I can only describe as calm amazement, that a dazzling globe of electric fire, apparently between six and twelve inches in diameter, was stationary about six inches below and to the right of my right knee. As I looked at it, it exploded with a sharp report quite impossible to confuse with the continuous turmoil of the lightning, thunder and hail, or that of the lashed water and smashed wood which was creating a pandemonium outside the cottage. I felt a very slight shock in the middle of my right hand, which was closer to the globe than any other part of my body."

[edit on 1-8-2006 by DJMessiah]

top topics

join