It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's Volunteers Are On Their Way To Fight Israel.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Calling them selves the first wave of volunteers a group of about sixty were starting trip to Lebanon. Along the way they were meeting up with about two hundred more. Iran has said it will not send regular solders but it is apparent that it will not stop volunteers. Military service is mandatory in Iran so nearly every volunteer will have some military experience. This mobilization does show how at least some of the people of Iran will react to Hezbolla actions in war.

www.cnn.com
Surrounded by yellow Hezbollah flags, more than 60 Iranian volunteers set off Wednesday to join what they called a holy war against Israeli forces in Lebanon.

The group -- ranging from teenagers to grandfathers -- plans to join about 200 other volunteers on the way to the Turkish border, which they hope to cross Thursday. They plan to reach Lebanon via Syria on the weekend.

Organizers said the volunteers are carrying no weapons, and it was not clear whether Turkey would allow them to pass.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is probably no real surprise to most of us. But it does point toward a larger precedent. That Iran is not making any attempt to stop the volunteers from going to Lebanon. And in doing so the government of Iran can continue to send materials and financial support, and possibly solders in the training capacity. Much of the same happened in Afghanistan during the Russian occupation. We may be seeing much of the same starting to happen now.

Related News Links:
www.canadafreepress.com
english.alar abonline.org
www.turkishweekly.net

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
The Modern Volunteer Army
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

mod edit, spelling in title

[edit on 28-7-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
It is good to see people in this world that are actually not afraid to fight for what they believe in. I believe that characteristic has been lost in most citizens of the Western world. Personally, seeing as the IDF is practically enjoying and probably celebrating all of the civilian residential complexes it is destroying in Lebanon, I would be satisfied to see some weapons take down as many Israeli jets as possible. Thats right I said it! # the IDF!! I would like nothing more than to see their whole airforce destroyed for the crimes they have committed.

I mean wtf bull# is it when you say you hit a UN observation post by accident!? There were many flags clearly visible around the compound. Then again their intelligence seems to be rather incompetent. Just about most of the housing complexes they have targeted and destroyed had some terrorist hiding in it who "unfortunately was not in the building at the time." I am sure they believed very strongly that this UN compound was a Hezbollah stronghold which masked their fort and draped it with UN flags on all corners.

with the IDf. Have mercy for the civilians on both sides.

apc

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Doesn't Iran have leagues of 'volunteer' suicide bombers, as well?

DYepes
It is good to see people in this world that are actually not afraid to fight for what they believe in.

You apparently have a death wish, because they believe you should die too.

You do realize that what you desire would undoubtedly lead to full scale war, don't you? How about... instead of hoping for seige on Israel, you hope for peace? Maybe too much to ask.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 03:56 AM
link   
apc:

Some people are unreasonable in their wishes and desires for society as a whole. It's amazing to me that one person can be so narrow-minded as to think that just because some other people don't think the same way that he/she does, that that somehow gives them the right to go kill these other people. I just find it completely lacking in any reasonable sense.

To state my opinion, I don't like war, period. I don't think that this conflict should be going on at all. However, that being said, since it IS going on, I'd like to see it go all the way this time, with a clear-cut winner. That way, there would never again be a need for this ongoing tit-for-tat crap that's been plaguing the region for the past 60 years.

With the news that some of Iran's troops are enroute to Lebanon to support Hezbollah, I'm finding WW3 to be becoming more and more of a reality. If everyone would just stop giving either side anything, and let them duke it out, we'd be able to declare a clear winner. Then life could go on, instead of stagnating like some muddy lakebed.

'Tis a pathetic statement on humankind when people will kill others just because of the way they look, how they think, what they believe in, or who they've hurt. Just utterly pathetic.

TheBorg

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 04:43 AM
link   

'Tis a pathetic statement on humankind when people will kill others just because of the way they look, how they think, what they believe in, or who they've hurt. Just utterly pathetic.

Yes it is utterly pathetic. So what do you do when people do the wrong thing? "Turn the other cheek?" I believe that as a responsible citizen of the world some kind of protest, some kind of resistance must be presented to make certain powers realise that it is not okay to walk over people. I believe it a duty of care to stand up and say something and if that doesn't work, stand up and do something. By no means am i an advicate of meaningless war and destruction. But you cannot bargain with people who do not want to be bargained with.

Through what i have read, seen, listened to and researched, I have no doubt that Israel has been consistantly in the wrong with the policies towards their neihbours for years, and consequently have bred an opposition which is equally as ruthless.

However, i must say that it is not just me that says that power corrupts. Israel do a great job at making the world feel sorry for them, like their the "little guy" of the M.E. The fact remains that regionly,they have by far the biggest nucleur army, massivly funded by the worlds only superpower, meanwhile we watch them destroy a country, and kill over 400 innocent civilians, all to destroy a dirt poor public;y supported militia from "killing innocent civilians". The hypocracy is obvious. So far in this disgusting offensive there have been 50 or so Israeli casualties, the majority of them military personel.
Scores on the score board.

I can't help but feel for the true little guys in this confrontation and that is Hizbollah. If some Iranians are brave enough to stick up for the little guys, then they get my blessing. It's probably more than you and i are doing for any cause, including the cause for peace.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 04:53 AM
link   
So Iranian people are volunteering to go and fight the IDF in lebanon, and the iranian goverment isnt stopping them from doing this, sounds almost like a demoracry where you can do what you want and say what you like.

Did i miss something whilst i was alseep has iran had a coup overnite and suddenly become a democratic state,
last time i check the iranian people where tigthly controled and there freedoms limited. and these "volunteers" just happen to be in the rigth place at the right time, with flags etc for the press to see as they march off for a "holy crusade" against the zionist with the govermetn full backing, as was pointed out in iran miltray service is mandtory, so even though these aren't "regular" army they are stll had miltary training.

good to see they plan to join up with 200 or so more volunteers (ummm let me see could these be al-quedia fighters) and planning on going via turkey and syria. will syria and turkey let them cross, you bet your a** they will, or they will turn a blind eye and say we didnt see them. same as syria does with iraq.

looks like WWIII is closer than ever at the moment,

[edit on 27/7/06 by snakebite]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   
There is little doubt that Siria and Turkey will let them pass. At the most they will not try to stop them or send a few back while the majority get through.

The one thing that might come into the aquasion is the request of Turkey to be admited into the EU. I dont know how the rest of the EU will react to supporting Hezbollah by proxy.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I know this is a subject we all can argue about for hours and hours about, and definitely one that brings up emotions in people, but I'm asking everyone to please keep the ATSNN decorum in mind when posting. You can make a point just as well without resorting to "colorful" language.

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
These volunteers are going to go into lebanon and fight against isreal?

And what happens when/if the people of lebanon have had enough of the zealots bringing down devastation to their country?

Are these volutneers going to start fighting the advocates for peace in lebanon, for giving up on the war???

apc

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   

The Borg
To state my opinion, I don't like war, period. I don't think that this conflict should be going on at all. However, that being said, since it IS going on, I'd like to see it go all the way this time, with a clear-cut winner. That way, there would never again be a need for this ongoing tit-for-tat crap that's been plaguing the region for the past 60 years.

Unfortunately when it comes to holy war, everyone loses. However in this instance, the winner may be seen as the one with the fewest radiogenic mutations after a few generations.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc

Unfortunately when it comes to holy war, everyone loses. However in this instance, the winner may be seen as the one with the fewest radiogenic mutations after a few generations.

Apc,
For as long as I can rember there was always some self proclaimead leader of Islam calling for a holy war or some sort of jihad. It has pretty much lost all meaning to me. Does not really matter who it is calling for it or how they dress it up. Its always some one thats a little off his rocker and charsamatic enuff to convince a just enuff people to want kill and or die so the leader can feel more powerfull or something else similar.

end result, everyone loses.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
These volunteers are going to go into lebanon and fight against isreal?

You betcha!! Sounds kinda silly, doesn't it?

And what happens when/if the people of lebanon have had enough of the zealots bringing down devastation to their country?

Why, they'll lay over on their backs and play dead like they are right now with Hezbollah. Hezbollah kind of took over the Lebanese Government some years ago by force. You don't want actively militant personnel running your government, because then you are really no longer considered a "government". You're considered a "military state".

Are these volutneers going to start fighting the advocates for peace in lebanon, for giving up on the war???

They've probably allied with Hezbollah to finish killing off all of the Lebanese Government while all eyes are on the conflict at hand. That way, when all the dust settles, they'll all be like, "What happened??? It's them dirty Israelis that killed our Leaders!!! Kill the Zionist Infidels!!" And then the conflict continues.

I don't really like making fun of the situation here because people are dying, and that bothers me terribly. However, I just can't help but see the absolute idiocy with how things are being handled in this conflict. No one seems to be thinking at all. Has everyone at the tops of all of the world's governments just thrown their brains out the windows of their buildings? It's just amazing how peace doesn't seem to be anywhere in sight. It's been this way since 9/11, "a day that will live in infamy".

TheBorg

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Borg,
I had wondered a few times if this was done so Hezbollah could take over the rest of Lebonan. Then Iran would run Lebonan by proxy. Thanks for menchening it. I have not heard what has been hapening to Lebonan leaders who are not part of Hezbollah yet, but if you are right we probablly will soon.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 05:39 AM
link   
It really is a sad story. These people are probably mentally ill and the government of Iran, Syria and Hezbullah are using them for political reasons.
In the West we would institutionalize them, in the Arab/Muslim world they become cannon fodder.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Holy War. Leave it to the big three religons to come up with such a misnomer.

If war is a holy act to your god, then your religon, your gods, your culture arent worth the dirt the sprang from.

But what we are seeing here is a war by proxy. Bush couldn't get his long desired head on war with Iran. So Israel, acting as proxy, is going after lebanon, who is Iran's proxy in this case.

The Lebanese had to deal with Syrians in their country for a long time. Just as they started getting rid of them, now they will find themselves under Iran's bootheel to be manipulated at will by the increasingly nutty Iranian government.

The cold war never ended. Its simply shifted players a bit.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by JudahMaccabbiIn the West we would institutionalize them

Sadly not in the UK, over here they'd end up as "Care in the Community" which basically translates as "Fend for yourself". There are some very good care workers (a couple of my friends do it), but the fact is alot of these people with serious problems need proper 24hr care.

Anyhoo, back on thread. There are probably many volunteers from alot of other countries going to Lebannon, same sort of thing happened in Afghanistan and is still happenning in Iraq. Sorry, but wherever there's a war some people will always make an effort to get involved!

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Skadi,

So Israel, acting as proxy, is going after lebanon, who is Iran's proxy in this case

As far as I recall it was Hezbullah who initiated the hostilities and the Lebanese who did nothing to avert it as required by international law.

On a conspiracy theory level it seems more logical that Israel decided to use the opportunity to dismantle Hezbullah, the Iranian proxy, ahead of an expected attack on the Iranian nuclear ambitions.
If the US would have attacked Iran, Hezbulah would have launched its attack on Israel with missiles, ground troops and UAVs.

I guess these suicide bombers were also planned by the Iranians for the 'day of the attack'.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Ewwwwwww, some Iranians are going to Lebanon to fight the Israeli's

I find it amusing the Iranians themselves don't just take up the sword, rather than throw a bunch of puffed up threats around the mediawaves. OH WAIT, the reason they won't is they know they'd be crushed!

Whoa, don't think for a moment should the fanatical muslim crowd think they had a chance at annhilating Israel they'd do it.

A couple hundred Iranian miscreants won't make a hill of beans difference to Israeli firepower
.......... not even worth a thread on ATS IMHO!

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

The cold war never ended. Its simply shifted players a bit.

Skadi,
I do think you hit a good point hear. I does look as it there is another cold war going on, with a real war in lebonan being faught between Hezabollah and Isreal and there suporters by proxy. I had not heard the term cold war used with this before now but I do think it is acurate. It is to bad that it is the people of Lebonan that will be paying with there lives.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg state my opinion, I don't like war, period. I don't think that this conflict should be going on at all. However, that being said, since it IS going on, I'd like to see it go all the way this time, with a clear-cut winner. That way, there would never again be a need for this ongoing tit-for-tat crap that's been plaguing the region for the past 60 years

Heck yea. Let them have at it. Enough with this stuff. Hell with the corrupt UN and the corrupt bigot Kofi whats his name. Why stop it every time Isreal is winning. If the muslims were winning, would the UN stop it? Nope. It'd be another holocaust. No doubt about it with the help of Euorope, yet again.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join