It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hellboy: The Golden Army. Official BTS Thread of News, Images and Discussion of Hellboy 2.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Poster created by Umbrax.

First appearing in 1992, Mike Mignola’s Hellboy has become a well known anti-hero amongst comic fans. In 2004 Mignola teamed up with Guillermo del Toro to introduce Hellboy to the world in a full length feature fill.

Hellboy 2: The Golden Army will be the sequel to the first Hellboy movie and will be once again written by del Toro and Mignola.

Ron Perlman as Hellboy

Doug Jones as Abe Sapien

Selma Blair as Liz Sherman

Doug Jones reveals that his role, Abe Sapien will be “beefed up” for the sequal.
"The relationship with Hellboy is going to be more fleshed out. ... The buddy thing ... and conflicts that arise with him are going to be more explored,”
www.scifi.com...

Although the film is has been announced and is categorized as being in production, del Toro states that the movie is in a “state of flux.”

"We're starting, not starting ... Revolution is not producing films at the same rate, and we need to find financing, and that takes a lot of politics. The second screenplay is just great, it takes the character to wonderful places. I hope we get to make it."
www.comicbookresources.com...

The character of Liz Sherman may be a little different from the first movie. She may be portrayed as a stronger person.
"She was a really strong woman in the first one who was restraining herself because she didn't have control over her strength. So she was really passive and she was more of a presence for Hellboy's heart, because Hellboy is the movie."
filmforce.ign.com...

Current plot synopsis:

The mythical world starts a rebellion against humanity in order to rule the Earth, so Hellboy and his team must save the world from the rebellious creatures.
www.imdb.com

[edit on 19/12/2007 by Umbrax]

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The trouble is, I found the first Hellboy very disappointing, not because I am a huge fan of the character - I know very little about the comics - but because it was an unsatisfying film that really didn't live up to the trailer. To hear that the same team are doing the sequel doesn't make me tremble with antici......PAtion.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I thought the first Hellboy movie was okay.
Everyone I know really liked it a lot more than I did.
It was just okay for me. I felt that Rasputin and Ilsa could have been a lot better and Kroenen was nothing like what he is in the book.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Ain't it cool has alleged spoilerish plot details which you may or may not want to know.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
It looks like filming will begin in April 2007.

www.ifmagazine.com

DOUG JONES: It's officially at Universal, and I'm told that they're aiming for filming to begin April 1st, 2007. With a release date, and I heard scuttlebutt, for the summer of 2008. HELLBOY opened in early April, so maybe they'll aim for that time of year again.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Here is the official synopsis

www.comingsoon.net

With a signature blend of action, humor and character-based spectacle, the saga of the world's toughest, kitten-loving hero from Hell continues to unfold in "Hellboy 2: The Golden Army." Bigger muscle, badder weapons and more ungodly villains arrive in an epic vision of imagination from Oscar®-nominated director Guillermo del Toro ("Pan's Labyrinth," "Hellboy").

After an ancient truce existing between humankind and the invisible realm of the fantastic is broken, hell on Earth is ready to erupt. A ruthless leader who treads the world above and the one below defies his bloodline and awakens an unstoppable army of creatures. Now, it's up to the planet's toughest, roughest superhero to battle the merciless dictator and his marauders. He may be red. He may be horned. He may be misunderstood. But when you need the job done right, it's time to call in Hellboy (Ron Perlman).

Along with his expanding team in the Bureau for Paranormal Research and Development--pyrokinetic girlfriend Liz (Selma Blair), aquatic empath Abe (Doug Jones) and protoplasmic mystic Johann--the BPRD will travel between the surface strata and the unseen magical one, where creatures of fantasy become corporeal. And Hellboy, a creature of two worlds who's accepted by neither, must choose between the life he knows and an unknown destiny that beckons him.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I think this'll be pretty cool. I loved the first one. It was my son's favorite movie until he saw Ghost Rider a couple of weeks ago.

Doug Jones (Abe Sapien) grew up here in Indy. Chatard high school & Ball State University.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Have you seen del Toro's Pan's Labyrinth?
I hope he makes Hellboy 2 as visually interesting as that movie. I'm sure it will be.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
No, I haven't. Doug Jones is in that one, too. The subtitles have kinda stalled me off, but I'm sure we'll rent it at some point.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Check it out.
Don't miss out on good films because they are foreign.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I loved the first one so much I bought the Special Edition DVD that same day.

PS Brax That is one of the Coolest, Clearist, best drawn Avatars I have ever seen.

[edit on 14-4-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Thank you. The original work is by Leinil Francis Yu. I recommend you look him up and check out his other work. He is one of my favorite artists.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I've sort of forgotten about this thread.
To make things up here are a bunch of images.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I now have the trailer up on my blog..

The Hellboy II Trailer Online!

This movie is going to rock!

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I never read any of the Hellboy comics but I loved the Hellboy movie and I can not wait for Hellboy 2

top topics

join