It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Calls for Lebanon Cease Fire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Apparently Ahmadinejad, Iran's president has called for a cease fire in the Israeli/Lebanon conflict. He said the cease fire should be without any conditions or demands.

www.ynetnews.com
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad called for a ceasefire in Lebanon and criticized US policy in the Middle East on Wednesday, saying Washington wants to "recarve the map" of the region with Israel's help.

Ahmadinejad's nation is a major backer of Hizbullah and a sworn enemy of Israel, but he denied that Tehran provides military support to the militant group.

In addition to a ceasefire, Ahmadinejad called for talks on the Lebanon crisis without conditions and demanded Israel compensate the country and apologize for its actions.

He said Iran only supports Hizbullah politically and morally.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is sure a about face of what the world would have thought this man would say. Could it be because Hezbollah is losing this battle and wants the fighting to stop before there is nothing left of Hezbollah in the region.

He said the cease fire should be without any conditions or demands. That would mean Hezbollah would be able to stay on the border with Israel? That is just unacceptable and asking for more trouble. Maybe he just needs more time during a cease fire to get more men and equipment to Israel's border for a stronger offensive next time.

This man wants Israel wiped off the face of the planet, why would he want Hezbollah to stop fighting Israel?

[edit on 26-7-2006 by Keyhole]

[edit on 26/7/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
From the best i can tell, he is spouting BS, as the USA has kept pretty distant from this...
he needs to clean his glasses... Its the Israelis that are attacking lebanon, NOT americans...
It kinda ticked us off also...

So is he crying becasue we haven't swept in, and pushed for a ceasefire?
isn't he upset with our activity in the region? didn't they want us to leave altogether?

what a double standard...
but then, it comes from a guy who probably ranks right below moron on the IQ scale...

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The Wiping out Israel out of the face of the earth doesn't strike me as a very reliable source to the intentions of this leader, to me is just propaganda. . .

Why he wants a cease fire . . . well . . . is many reasons for it . . .

Iran and Syria do not want more conflicts in their backyards specially when Hezbollah has a reputation of been against Israel but very good with the people that supports them . . .

Iran and Syria would not want the US to get involve when Iran pretty much is getting its act together and playing the business deal and economic game. . .

Hezbollah is gaining nothing with its fight against Israel but just damaging its influences with the same people that they are to protect every time Israel target civilians by mistake.

The Iranian leader is not retarded or dumb neither is stupid . . . he is just making sure that his position in regard to hezbollah doesn't give more ammunitions with the present situation of his country with the side of the world that has tagged him a terrorist. . .

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
This is a man who hates, detests, or whatever, Isreal, calling for an unconditional cease fire . This will let Hezbollah stay on Lebanon's border with Isreal.

Anybody (especially the Iranian president) who backs Hezbollah knows it would just be a matter of time before another conflict starts between the two.

I think he is trying to look like the good, (because Isreal is kicking Hezbollah's butt), guy calling for the cease fire, but if Hezbollah was winning, this is the last thing we would hear.

I don't know what his intentions are or his reasons, but I just don't trust him or that he is sincere that he just wants the fighting to stop.

new topics

top topics

join