It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the most stupid thing you have ever seen anyone do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
What sparked this thread is that I was driving down old Rt.66 I saw a young woman, quite attractive, driving down the road, putting in her contact lenses, talking on a cell phone and trying to attend to her baby in the child seat all at the same time. When she crashed into the back of a delivery van and did considerable damage to both vehicles, she tried to blame it on the poor delivery man that was driving in a careful manner. When I told the cops of her infractions, she told me she was going to have her bf kill me. Then they put her in cuffs, called the human services to come get her kid and hauled her off to jail.

I have seen a lot of stupid human tricks in my life time but this ranks in the top 5.

What do you have to offer?

I hope this is the proper plase for this thread.

[edit on 26-7-2006 by whaaa]

[edit on 26-7-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Its actually something stupid i did under the influence of copious amounts of alcohol i was dared to jump into a rose bush, which i did. 22 years later i still have the scars to prove it.man i still feel that pain as im writing this.stupid

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Yes Mojo4, telling on ourselves is somehow cathartic. Sounds like you ran in a crowd, like me, that reveled in the stupid human tricks.

Stay tuned kids, the story about the bunny rabbit and the oskosh overalls will be forth coming, that is, If there is any intrest in this type of thing; other wise this thread will go to the graveyard where sick threads go to die. I think the graveyard is somewhere in south eastern Kansas or Nebraska. Not sure.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
A friend of a friend, hammered on tequila and cough medicine jumped from a 50 ft cliff into 10ft. of water at Lake Powell. Needless to say spring break for him, took a turn for the worse. Apparently at all spring break destinations, all medical personnel from the high degreed MDs to the aids that empty the bed pans are all on call.

Most accidents during spring break are related to drunk driving.

soooo.........

[edit on 27-7-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
A friend of a friend, hammered on tequila and cough medicine jumped from a 50 ft cliff into 10ft. of water at Lake Powell. Needless to say spring break for him, took a turn for the worse. Apparently at all spring break destinations, all medical personnel from the high degreed MDs to the aids that empty the bed pans are all on call.

Most accidents during spring break are related to drunk driving.

soooo.........

[edit on 27-7-2006 by whaaa]

In this case it was drink DIVING:w::w:
I Did the same thing SOBER lol

Stupidest thing ever?..Hmmmm..

Ok got it.
There was ''This guy'' I knew who,after plugging in an electrical appliance and find it didn,t work, deciced to inspect the soldered joint on the cable.
Sure enough it was parted...so ''This guy'' pulled it apart and used ''His'' teeth to strip the insulating cable in preperation for a new solder job.

The length of cable attached to the appliance was drama free..
BUT ..Upon beginning to strip the extended cable portion 'He'' realised that ''He'' had forgotten to unplug it from the mains... After peeling ''Himself'' off the floor and spitting out melted fillings...

OUCH... That really reallly reallllly hurt....... HIM..

[edit on 28-7-2006 by AGENT_T]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
This comes to mind first-

When I was a kid, there was a woods of about 25 acres with another 20 acres of farm field at the end of our neighborhood (woods and field long gone now). Naturally, we used to play there a lot. I always got a good dose of poison ivy in the summer, even though I could recognize it and did the best I could to avoid it.

One time a buddy of mine had a cousin visiting and we were all out in the woods. We were all 9-10 years old. I told her to watch out for the poison ivy as she was perilously close to a large patch. She said, "Oh, I never get poison ivy", and proceeded to sit down in the patch and grab handfulls of it and rub it all over her arms, face, neck, and legs.

Uh huh.

Big mistake.

:bnghd:

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Remons me of the tiem I went camping - one night the guy in the tent opposite decided to ahve a barbecue and started using one of those disposable ones, after a bout 10minutes or so of it burning away merrilly, he decided that it was in the wrong place, so he proceeds to try and pick it up with his bare hands and suprise, suprise finds it so hot that he drops it: the stupid pillock then decided to try and pick it up again and again dropped it becasue it was too hot: he did this several more times before he finally decided it really wasn't wise to carry a lit barbecue in your bare hands. :bnghd:

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This is one almost beyond belief that I just saw this morning.
You don't even have to hunt for this stuff; it happen right in front of you, constantly.

A couple on their Mt. Bikes with those little trailers that you put your little kids in, and two little kids were in tow, were riding down the middle of a 2 lane with a marked bike trail on each side of the road. WTF!!!

They had people in cars screaming at them but they seemed oblivious to their stupidity.

Just one more; Yuppie women like to drop their kids off at the community pool, while they go shopping, drinking, with their other yuppie women friends.

When they come to pick up their kids 4 hrs later; their kids are so sunburned, they have a hard time walking. That's caring mothers for you. We are 1 mi in elevation here in the Rockies and the sun is BRUTAL.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
ok..fessing up..

I was working as a bricklayer to make college money.

I was hoisting mud, with a big pulley, and a bucket, up to the other guys.
I thought to myself.."I wonder if I can lift myself up with this pulley?

So I stepped on the big iron hook on one end of the rope, and started pulling on the other end..I lost my balance, and grabbed tightly to the nearest thing, which was that rope. DOH!

I fell SO fast, because as I went down hangin onto that rope, my feet on the hook, went up!
I literally flipped myself..about a 270 degree flip..landing on my tailbone.

Yeah, I meant to do that.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Stupidest thing I saw was this: Firecracker day, me and some friends were in the park enjoying the buzz we got from the fumes expelled by the fire works. Gradually a bunch of kids started to congregate just in front of us around 20 meters away and they were all huddled around someone and they were doing something with Firework. I cautiously drew forward to get a look and to my horror I found that they had stuck a small sized firecracker inside a medium one, someone lit a sparkler and the obvious idea to them was to stick it in a gap in the paper where the two firecrackers were shoved together. Mind you this is all happening with a good 10-15 kids(ages 8-10) huddling around just a few feet away urging the idiot on. A this point I had starting getting the hell out of there and as I was about to turn and run for cover an explosion happen. Just a bright flash and the kids scattered. I didn't get closer as I was afraid more was coming, but the next day I heard that buddies hand was hanging off it's tendon. Darwin in action, I tell ya what.

[edit on 2-8-2006 by sardion2000]

new topics

top topics

join