It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Pirates of the Caribbean III:' Your Official Information On The Upcoming Sequel...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   

'Pirates of the Caribbean III:' Your Official Information On The Upcoming Sequel...

What We Know:

The Title...

As of now, the full title for this movie is not known. An anonymous Disney representative stated that the true title will be revealed in the coming months. Some of the rumored titles were: 'Pirates of the Caribbean: World's End,' 'Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End,' and 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Uncharted Waters.'

Release Date...

May 25, 2007.

The Director...

Gore Verbinski will be directing 'Pirates.' He is the director of other movies such as:

- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest' (2006)...
- 'The Weather Man' (2005)...
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl' (2003)
- 'The Ring' (2002)...

For more information on Verbinski, please see Gore Verbinski (IMDB)...

The Screenwriters...

Terry Rossio and Ted Elliott will be the screenwriters of 'Pirates.' Rossio has been credited (that relates to 'Pirates') for:

- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest' (2006) (characters) (written by)...
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl' (2003) (screen story) (screenplay)...

For more information on Rossio, please see Terry Rossio (IMDB)...

Elliot has been credited (that relates to 'Pirates') for:

- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest' (2006) (characters) (written by)...
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003)' (screen story) (screenplay)...

For more information on Elliot, please see Ted Elliott (IMDB)...

The Actors / Actresses...

Here is a rough list of the actors / actresses that will act in 'Pirates:'

Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, Keira Knightley, Stellan Skarsgard, Jack Davenport, Kevin R. McNally, Lee Arenberg, Mackenzie Crook, Andy Beckwith, Reggie Lee, and Chow Yun-Fat. Additionally, Keith Richards (guitarist from the 'Rolling Stones') will play the cameo role of Captain Jack Sparrow's father. It is interesting to note that Depp (who plays Jack Sparrow) has said that he adopted the body language and mannerisms of the veteran guitarist to create his character in the film.

Actual Scenes...

At the San Diego Comic-Con on Saturday (7/22/06), footage was shown from some scenes of 'Pirates of the Caribbean III.' Here is a list of what was actually shown:

- Chow Yun-Fat's character (who had many speaking lines)...
- Lots of Singapore floating village shots...
- A rescue Captain Jack Sparrow scene...
- A scene where Sparrow has to convince the crew to run back and forth on the ship-deck to rock a ship over...
- Jack the undead monkey in Chinese Warrior armor...
- Shots of Barbossa and Sparrow amid a huge shipboard sword battle...
- A sword-fight between Sparrow and Davy Jones atop a crows nest in a giant storm...

The Plot...

The following information is from wikipedia and thus may be rumors or actual information. At best, the following information is tentative:

It is expected that the next film will involve Will Turner and Elizabeth Swann joining forces with their old enemy, Barbossa, to rescue Captain Jack Sparrow and Bootstrap Bill Turner and defeat the alliance between Davy Jones, Cutler Beckett, and new villain Sao Feng. The first fifty-six pages of an early draft of the script have leaked online. Co-writer Ted Elliot confirmed on the website KeepToTheCode.com that this is a portion of an extremely early "budget draft" of the script, and while some of the broad strokes of the story are consistent with the final version, specific events and dialogue are very rough when compared with the final film, and these pages do not reflect the final film's writing or quality. This early, rough version of the script shows Will Turner, Elizabeth Swann, and Barbossa traveling to the Orient and confronting Captain Sao Feng in search of charts that lead to "World's End". Feng is captain of the red-sailed pirate ship Empress, and hosts a mysterious "dragon lady" onboard his ship. Another element of the ride is represented in this version of the script, when Will, Barbossa and their crew sails their ship; an oriental junk named Hai Peng; off the "end of the world" a huge, straight drop in the middle of the ocean, mimicking the large drops found on the Pirates of the Caribbean theme park attraction. Jack Sparrow and the Black Pearl are found in Davy Jones' Locker, a kind of purgatory made up of nothing but sand and strange crabs. Will is intent on retrieving the Black Pearl as it is the only ship with the speed necessary to overtake the Flying Dutchman and therefore rescue his father Bootstrap Bill Turner. This version of the script shows that Admiral James Norrington has Davy Jones and his crew at his command, having captured his heart in the second film. Many of the rumors include Barbossa giving his life for Jack when the Kraken attacks a ship that they are on (not the Pearl).

A recent article in Empire magazine revealed a visit to the Singapore set which features in part of the movie. According to another article in Entertainment Weekly, director Gore Verbiniski, revealed a basic plot: "Piracy itself is at stake. It's like the railroad coming to the West". Verbiniski continues on to state that within the film there will be: "a conference of the world's pirate leaders and a treacherous journey to the literal ends of the earth".

Who Will Chow Yun-Fat's Character Be?

Again, from wikipedia:

Captain Sao Feng is the new villain for the Pirates of the Caribbean 3 (untitled), the sequel to the newly released Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest and the second sequel to Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl. He will be played by actor Chow Yun-Fat and perhaps has something to do with Asian connections of the East India Trading company mentioned in Dead Man's Chest.

Sao Feng is a captain who leads gang of supernatural Chinese pirates. He has an oriental war ship named the Empress and he will kidnap Elizabeth Swann from the Black Pearl. He may be killed when the Flying Dutchman attacks the Empress. He believes that Elizabeth is Calypso, goddess of the sea. He is based on legendary Chinese pirate Cheung Po Tsai.

Some Other Spoilers...

Here are some additional spoilers from www.filmfocus.co.uk:

- They shot around half of the film on location during the shoot for Dead Man's Chest and they've three months on soundstages from August. That suggests a good half of the film will be set indoors or on elaborate in-for-out sets.
- Mackenzie Crook's character, Ragetti, gets no closure. There's not a hint of romance to come. But his part becomes clearer and he has a couple of "important duties to carry out."
- Naomie Harris' character - who gets only two scenes in this film - is a key player next time around. *REAL SPOILERS* At this film's end she reintroduces Barbossa, brought back to life by her voodoo magic, and she confirmed our suspicions that she'll be bringing Jack back, too.
- Tom Hollander thinks Cuttler Beckett has some tricks up his sleeve for the gang in the third film.
- "Of course you'll see the Pearl again," says Mackenzie, confirming its demise in Dead Man's Chest isn't permanent.
- Nighy is unrelenting in feeling responsible for killing Jack Sparrow. But, he said, "there's always film three..." He promises Davy Jones will be much more evil next time around but sheepishly denies thoughts of a romance for him.
- Johnny and Keira will be involved in the scene with Keith Richards (if it works out) but poor Orlando Bloom won't be.
- Keira nearly spilled the beans on some great scenes in Pirates 3, but held back saying only it'd be bigger and better.
- Johnny Depp hopes that three won't be the end of it. He wants to keep Jack Sparrow going over more films, if he gets the chance.

The Purpose Of This Thread...

The purpose of this thread is to get as much of the official information on 'Pirates of the Caribbean III' as possible and to put it all into this thread. As stated before, there is only a very little amount of official information available. That is why speculation and rumors will be allowed on this thread. If you want to post a rumor (anything that is not official), please just state that it is such so that this thread does not get confusing to readers.

ENJOY THE NEWS!!!

[edit on 26-7-2006 by they see ALL]

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
this thread deserves some updates:

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (imdb)...

Captain Barbossa, Will Turner and Elizabeth Swann must sail off the edge of the map, navigate treachery and betrayal, and make their final alliances for one last decisive battle.

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (wiki)...

Johnny Depp has said Jack Sparrow is confronted with many separate aspects of his character in Davy Jones' Locker. Tia Dalma helps the crew to rescue Sparrow. Sparrow and Barbossa also team up with Sao Feng. According to director Gore Verbinski, "Piracy itself is at stake. It's like the railroad coming to the West. There will be a conference of the world's pirate leaders and a treacherous journey to the literal 'World's End'. The meeting is known as the Brethren of the Coast, consisting of nine pirate lords.

Concept art for the film shows an enormous water-fall, a whirlpool and a town composed of ship parts.

Pirates Treasure Unearthed? (ign)...

"In the third installment of the Pirates of the Caribbean series, Will, Elizabeth and Capt'n Jack Sparrow are once again thrown together for a showdown between the fiercely independent Pirate Lords from around the world and the all powerful East India Trading Company led by the mysterious & cunning Lord Cutler Beckett. With possession of Davey Jones's chest, Beckett is now able to use Jones and his ship the Flying Dutchman to further his plans of ridding the open seas of all Pirates. In response to this growing threat, the Pirate Lords call for a secret meeting at Shipwreck Cove."

"Newly returned from the other side, Capt'n Barbossa agrees to help Will and Elizabeth rescue Jack who is now trapped in a very strange afterworld known as Davey Jones's Locker. This unlikely trio makes their way to the exotic Far East where they meet Captain Sao Feng, the Pirate Lord of Singapore, and retrieve a special map that will then show them the way to Davey Jones's Locker."

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
trailer will be up in one-and-a-half hours (although, for some reason, the russian trailer is already up; and i have watched it):

disney.go.com...

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
CLIPS: Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End...

also, check out these pics too!!!

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
we can't wait. We are counting down the days. Usually we wait a few weeks before going to see a movie, but this time we might be brave and try to go opening weekend.

It's going to be packed.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I just want to see it break all the records. It should break it's own record for part two and it should break spidermans record. This is going to be the must see movie for the summer.

SR

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I can safetly say along with 300 this is one if not the best movies i have seen this year i will admit i was scared of going to see it and being let down like with Spiderman 3 and Grindhouse of it just being long and boring with seen it all before stuff but the twists and action in this movie along with the LOL comedy parts are well worth your time and money i can't wait till more people see this movie lol i wanna talk about it, It's sooooooooooooo amazing. Seriously go make time for it you won't regret it!!!

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I don't believe i can not like this movie when I see it.
Johnny Depp is mmy favorite character actor and I haven't seen one of his movies I didn't like, Even Ed Wood is a good movie and I have seen it twice.

I love the first 2 pirates and I not holding any expectations for this so I hopefully should be pleasently surprised...

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I have heard so many mixed reviews of this movie. (I really don't see how it could miss, and the bulk of the negative reviews are from people who had a problem with the first two, which I did not.) I so hope that it breaks the records.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Well i really enjoyed this movie.

I loved the first one... was disappointed by the second... but the third brought it home. Sometimes difficult to follow what was happening, but with the acting and special effects were some of the best i have ever seen. Johnny carried the movie, Rush was not as dynamic as number 1. For a movie so reliant on Johnny... why wait so long to bring him in?

MUCH better than i was expecting... still not as good as it could have been.

new topics

top topics

join