It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RATS Monthly Fee

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Hi, I was wondering, how much points is it to access RATS each month? And if you dont have enough points for that month, then do you have to pay another 5000 points to access it again?

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I think once you have paid the initial fee then you can opt for a month access for 250 point or if you decide to leave it a while it should oonly cost you 250 points to access again.

I havent been in RATS for about 12 months until this week when i decided to go back and i was only charged a monthly fee of 250 points

Hope that helps

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Yeah Its 5,000 for your first time, then only 250 for every other subsequent month you choose buy in. Best to wait until the start of a new month since it cancels your pass at the end of any given month, regardless of whether you signed up on the 28th or the 4th.

[edit on 26-7-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Oh, ok thats not so bad, i thought it would be at least 1000 points or something each month, cinsidering accessing it costs so much, but ok, thank you.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Yeah no problem, and if you’re looking for ways to get points so you can get a RATS pass two pod casts will give you 5000 points, and posting ATSNN articles will also give you a lot of points.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
But is it WORTH the 5000 point cost.

I mean really...what is so secret in RATS that is not put into regular threads ??

is 5000 points really worth it ??

anyone care to let me know.....

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Yeah no problem, and if you’re looking for ways to get points so you can get a RATS pass two pod casts will give you 5000 points, and posting ATSNN articles will also give you a lot of points.

Well, whever i try to submit a podcast, they dont submit, so I have to fix that, to get some points.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha Grey
Is it worth 5000 points ??

But is it WORTH the 5000 point cost.

IMO it is, there are quite a few interesting articles in there. BTW anything posted on RATS will not show up in Google or any other search engine (including ATS search engine) so members post a lot of information they wouldn’t normally post on just any ATS forum.

Originally posted by Alpha Grey
I mean really...what is so secret in RATS that is not put into regular threads ??

anyone care to let me know.....

Cant, sorry, you have to find out for yourself, if RATS is to remain the same subscribing members should not discuss specific topics on RATS, so I won’t. You have enough points so buy yourself a pass.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Considering the fact that points are, for all intents and purposes, value-less, and information is invaluable, I think 5000 points is a small price to pay for the information contained in RATS.

I think one of my top 5 favorite threads of all time is in RATS, and it's worth the cost alone, IMO.

I guess if you're saving up your points for a blackbird jet or a hover-cycle, RATS might not be worth it, but otherwise, go for it.

But don't get your hopes up, we don't have, like classified documents or anything, that would be a violation of the law. The purpose of RATS is simply to give long-term members a place where they can post that's shielded from the prying eyes of search engines.

Because RATS threads aren't indexed, it's a poor place to post if you want everyone in the world to see your thread. It's perfect though, for information intended solely for the ATS audience.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
So, when my first month is up there's not a hard and fast 'due date' for my next month's payment of 250??

If I pay it 'early', say on the last day of the month......will it count as the next month's fee......or be 'due' again on the first??

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Will you guys take a post-dated cheque?
I'm a bit short and I just had to insure my hover-cycle.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

No checks (cheques) from people that are obvious couch potatoes that loll on the furniture in their undies while wearing a mask. (Your avvy always makes me smile.
, though its so un-British.)

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by frayed1

Yes, you have to time it right .

From what I understand, the subscription starts on the first day of the/any month.

I've read a few accounts of folks learning the hard way, so be wary of your dates.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by WyrdeOne

Wow you have me interested. I will have to wait until I get my new comp and then catch up on some much needed time in the FOIA forum, but I am looking forward to going over for a read.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
It seems to me that RATS is also a place you can post a subject and not be jumped all over by people that have yet to learn how to respect each other on this site.

It takes a little while to earn those 5000 points to even get access to RATS, by this time I believe it is hoped that the member has learned how to interact with other members without all the name calling, bashing and attacking of another members thoughts/post that happens occasionally on other forums .

It's a place you can start a thread without much fear of being "attacked" by your idea, beliefs, or whatever that all too often does happen on the other forums.

I don't believe I've ever posted a reply or started a thread in RATS, but occasionally pay the monthly subscription cost just to see what is going on.

[edit on 1/4/08 by Keyhole]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keyhole
It seems to me that RATS is also a place you can post a subject and not be jumped all over by people that have yet to learn how to respect each other on this site.

It takes a little while to earn those 5000 points to even get access to RATS, by this time I believe it is hoped that the member has learned how to interact with other members without all the name calling, bashing and attacking of another members thoughts/post that happens occasionally on other forums .

It's a place you can start a thread without much fear of being "attacked" by your idea, beliefs, or whatever that all too often does happen on the other forums.

I don't believe I've ever posted a reply or started a thread in RATS, but occasionally pay the monthly subscription cost just to see what is going on.

[edit on 1/4/08 by Keyhole]

I was told by a longtime member the same thing. Often these longtime members will jump in here with the rest of us and behave- not the same as they behave in R.A.T.S. forums. Then again I wouldn't know because I have yet to get into RATS.

Its definitely a goal. I just hope I can get in there and experience it before my "will" to speak overrides my mouth and emotions thereby keeping in RATS darkness

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
There's some good stuff on RATS - I don't post there often, but there is some really good reading in there.

It's also true that RATS has some subjects that aren't seen on the main boards, and that they are usually discussed in a way that they generally haven't been when on the main boards.

To me, it's worth the points - after all, they're precious little use for anything else. It's not like you can trade them in for a set of wine glasses or a torch

new topics

top topics

join