It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient book of psalms found in Irish bog

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I found this on MSNBC while surfing - Does anyone find it interesting as to what passage is shown when the book is found....

The book was found open to a page describing, in Latin script, Psalm 83, in which God hears complaints of other nations' attempts to wipe out the name of Israel.

Ancient book of psalms found in Irish bog

Any takers on this

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   

The book was found open to a page describing, in Latin script, Psalm 83, in which God hears complaints of other nations' attempts to wipe out the name of Israel.

Seems quite ironic in this day and age!

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
There's a couple things here that throw up red flags for me.

First and foremost, a 1200 year old document found in a BOG that is in one piece. I'm no expert on medieval writing media, but even if this document was written on vellum, survival in that environment is an EXTREMELY tall order. If they come out claiming that it's on papyrus or parchment, then you have to cry hoax.

Add in to that the inexplicably saavy "bog owner" who knew exactly how to care for the ancient find:

Crucially, he said, the bog owner covered up the book with damp soil. Had it been left exposed overnight, he said, "it could have dried out and just vanished, blown away."

Finally, the detail that the book was actually opened to a page that relates so directly to current events...

I fully believe in miracles, and this would certainly qualify if it's true...but my initial reaction is pretty skeptical.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The book is a different edition of the bible. Its Psalm 83 is not the KJV Psalm 83. The irish psalms book was open to what in KJV is Psalm 84, and has nothing to do with the destruction of Israel.

Yossarian reported that here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join