It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GlaxoSmithKline reports significant advance in H5N1 pandemic flu vaccine.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   

GSK reports significant advance in H5N1 pandemic flu vaccine programme
Issued: July 26th 2006, London, UK and Rixensart, Belgium: GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) plc today announced headline data showing that its H5N1 pandemic flu vaccine achieved a high immune response at a low dose of antigen. The vaccine, which uses a proprietary adjuvant, enabled over 80% of subjects who received 3.8µg of antigen to demonstrate a strong seroprotective immune response. This level of seroprotection meets or exceeds target criteria set by regulatory agencies for registration of influenza vaccines. Efficacy results at these levels of antigen dosage have also not been reported for any other H5N1 vaccine in development to date, including those using other adjuvants such as alum.

www.gsk.com...

Does anyone have more info on GlaxoSmithKline? Like any known figures in their board or known investors? I know Donald Rumsfeld has some interests in Tamiflu, so it would become very interesting if there where some connections with GlaxoSmithKline and other known figures.

I found an older thread allready on ATS about GlaxoSmithKline, where they where testing with HIV and babies ( www.abovetopsecret.com... ). I just have this gut feeling that this bird flu vaccin is more than just helping us normal folk out, you know?

I hope someone has more info on this matter. Thanks in advance

Kris

[edit on 26/7/2006 by KrisFromGenk]

[edit on 26/7/2006 by KrisFromGenk]

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
This vaccine, it only prevents humans from getting it from bird right? They aren't trying to find a vaccine for human to human birdlu I hope, because that strain hasn't even mutated yet.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Hey KingMongol, I wouldnt know, but the thing I'm interested in is the people behind this company. Just trying to put things together here.

join